Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 water damage

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, my Fitbit Charge 3 has water damage, from wearing it in the pool. Can you please tell me what to do? As rice hasn’t fixed it.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello everybody!

Thanks for reaching out regarding this situation with the Charge 3. In this case, please be so kind to contact and report this directly with Fitbit Customer Support. They will help you out! We will be closing this thread, there will be no option for future replies. Please direct to customer support. Have a nice day.

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

As the Charge 3 is supposed to be swim proof I would make a claim on the warranty (providing you are still within cover). You can contact customer support via the following link. They can check your warranty status and advise on your options:

contact.fitbit.com

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @CarolineJW and @SteveH I appreciate the input.

Thanks for placing the tracker in rice before contacting us. Upon checking with our support team, I was told that you have already contacted them. I know they will be glad to help you out and provide you a solution, just keep an eye on your inbox for further assistance.

In the meantime, let me know if you need anything else.

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too have water in my charge 3 as of yesterday.  It is in rice as I see condensation in the sensors.  It is still unresponsive.  What should I do?  It was given to me as a Christmas present so being less than a year I hope it is covered under warranty.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AChanapan You should contact customer support. They can check your warranty status and advise on your options. You can get them via contact.fitbit.com

Best Answer
0 Votes

Disappointed in fitbit quality. This is my third and probably last fitbit device. 6 months after warranty and my charge 3 keeps having water damage when I don't swim or shower with it.

Best Answer

Fitbit won't do anything for me either. It sucks because i get that the warranty is over, but really i would expect a watch like this to last more than 16 months... their products are simply not made to last longer that a year apparently! 

Best Answer

Was in water for 20 minutes with this “swimproof” device. Screen immediately went off. Went through steps suggested by customer service and found battery will not hold charge for more than 5 hours. Two months out of warranty I was offered a 25% discount for another device. Apparently this problem with water is a know defect in this product by Fitbit. Supremely disappointed in the customer service of this company. As someone else said, clearly their product is made to work for one year only. I have purchased several Fitbit products in the past for myself and for family members and can say that after this experience I will not purchase another. There are too many superior competing products on the

Best Answer

So is Charge 3 waterproof or not? Cause I bought this device because it clearly mentioned it was swimproof. It even shows someone swimming on their marketing video at https://www.youtube.com/embed/x9fMzpR72ds

Even if out of warranty, why is Fitbit not replacing those devices with water damage and only giving you a discount towards a new one?

Best Answer

Same here, Very dissappointed.... replacements have same issue.

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us @AndyCollette. I'm sorry to hear that the same situation happened with your replacement Charge 3.

I know how frustrating this could be and I noticed that you already have a case with our Support Team and that they have already assisted you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too have a Charge 3 with water damage. It was purchased becuse it is water proof. It is older...22 months...so is fitbit saying that it is not waterproof and if it fails and 1 week or 22 months...yup...we knew it would. For those of us out of warranty...you give a coupon? Does that sound right?

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @kander321. I'm sorry to hear your Charge 3 has water damage too.

Charge 3 is water-resistant to 50 meters. I understand how frustrating this could be and appreciate your comments.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do not understand this reply. Can you explain how is it that we experienced a water damage (in my case while swimming) but you are saying it is water resistant to 50 meters? We are not diving with it, we are just showering or swimming 

Best Answer

If I was diving or had been in very deep water, I would expect the potential to fail.  This charge 3 was splashed near a freshwater river.  Never submerged.  And it failed.  Is it, or is it not waterproof?  I don't see any comments on here about anyone diving with it.  Or submerging it for any length of time.  It is being worn in the shower, in a pool, or on the beach near a freshwater lake.  There is evidence the charge 3 is NOT waterproof.  Even just being splashed will cause it to fail.

Best Answer

Hello everybody!

Thanks for reaching out regarding this situation with the Charge 3. In this case, please be so kind to contact and report this directly with Fitbit Customer Support. They will help you out! We will be closing this thread, there will be no option for future replies. Please direct to customer support. Have a nice day.

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer