Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 will not sync or pair

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My charge 3 is not syncing with my Ipad 6. When I forget device, nothing happens and I can not get the connection back. Is there a hardware problom? Do I need to return it?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Kishp@Dknox37 Welcome to the community forums! Thank you for the troubleshooting steps you've tried prior to posting! 

If you have unpaired your Charge 3 devices, make sure that you performed the exact steps below to forget the device: 

*On your phone, tap Settings > Bluetooth > the information icon next to the name of your Fitbit device > Forget This Device. 
*Open the Fitbit app and set up the connection again. You should receive a message asking you to allow your Fitbit device to pair with your phone. Tap Pair to approve the request. You can also find more details here

On a side note, I recommend performing a restart by following the instructions below: 

• Press and hold the button on your tracker for 8 seconds. Release the button. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.

You can also restart your tracker from your wrist. For this, open the Settings app > The settings app icon used on many Fitbit trackers, which looks like three horizontal sliders and tap About > Reboot Device.

Lastly, please note that your Fitbit Charge 3 devices should work with any device that meets the requirements listed here

Hope this helps! 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
21 REPLIES 21

I have the same problem today display screen changed now if forgot the device and trying to reconnect but not being able to and live chats is not working on there site

Best Answer

Hello @Kishp@Dknox37 Welcome to the community forums! Thank you for the troubleshooting steps you've tried prior to posting! 

If you have unpaired your Charge 3 devices, make sure that you performed the exact steps below to forget the device: 

*On your phone, tap Settings > Bluetooth > the information icon next to the name of your Fitbit device > Forget This Device. 
*Open the Fitbit app and set up the connection again. You should receive a message asking you to allow your Fitbit device to pair with your phone. Tap Pair to approve the request. You can also find more details here

On a side note, I recommend performing a restart by following the instructions below: 

• Press and hold the button on your tracker for 8 seconds. Release the button. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.

You can also restart your tracker from your wrist. For this, open the Settings app > The settings app icon used on many Fitbit trackers, which looks like three horizontal sliders and tap About > Reboot Device.

Lastly, please note that your Fitbit Charge 3 devices should work with any device that meets the requirements listed here

Hope this helps! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done all of those things several times and it will only pair for about 30 seconds and that it unpairs again.  Both my Fitbit and iPhone are running on the most recent update.

Best Answer

Hello @Cstarks Welcome to the community forums! Thanks for following the suggested troubleshooting steps! 

I was able to see that you have reached out to our Support Team. Since you have received assistance from them, I suggest you to update your case if you require further assistance or if you have any additional questions about the outcome of your case. 

Have a great day! 

Best Answer

None of these steps worked. My charge 3 is behind on time, and absolutely wont pair with my device, I though it was my new phone but the phone paired with  my car so am thinking the Charge 3 is defective AGAIN. HELP

Best Answer
I contacted Fitbit support and we went through a process together. They were helpful.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hello @robinlynsip Welcome to the community forums. @Cstarks It's great to see you around and I'm glad to know that you're back on track. 

@robinlynsip I'm sorry for the experience and thank you for the information. I was able to see that you have reached out to our Support Team and they have provided assistance and information. Since you have received assistance from them, I suggest you to update your case if you require further assistance or if you have any additional questions about the outcome of your case. 

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Still having problems with my Tracker, have been with online support 3 times in 4 days, through the steps the tracker would sync, but then wouldn;t do it again. I am beyond frustrated and unhappy.
Best Answer

I was having that problem along with other issues.  What I did was do a factory reset of the Fitbit. Everything was back to normal.  One suggestion, wait until midnight to do the reset so that you don't lose the work you put in that day. 

Best Answer
I had tried the reset and unfortunately it didn’t work for me. I worked with Fitbit support and my situation has been remedied.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I am glad your situation has been remedied. I am still working toward satisfaction. They determined my charger was out of warranty Purchased Feb 7, 2020, BUT that one died in Sept 2020 and they sent me a replacement. (in retrospect I should have opted for the 50% off another tracker instead) So the Charger that is not good and is literally only 6 months old. I am annoyed that the resolution to repeated failures is a code for 35% off that won't work. Meanwhile I am without a Tracker that works, missing out on points etc. Husband wants me to go with another brand, and I am close. Feel like the quality of Fitbit Trackers has gone way down. I am not sure what I will do.

Thank you for attempting to help, my problem was it will only successful resetting (after many steps) for one sync right then, then it would not sync again. It was sadly frustating and annoying.

Moderator Edit: Merged posts/word choice

Best Answer
That is really frustrating because I would think warranty should begin again with a replacement. I thought about the 50% off but I like the Charge 3 and wasn’t sure I wanted to switch to the 4. My daughter has a Charge 2 that has had no problems for two years. 🤷🏻‍:female_sign:

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@Santinaburton @Cstarks Welcome to the community forums. Thank you for your great input. 

@robinlynsip I apologize for the experience and thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. Please note that our team is always working to enhance your experience and your feedback is a big part of that process. 

I was able to see that you're working with our Support Team towards a resolution. I suggest you to keep an eye on your inbox since they should get back to you with more information. 

On a side note, I'd like to let you know that replacement devices don't renew the warranty period of your original purchase. For more information, please check: https://www.fitbit.com/global/us/legal/returns-and-warranty

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I was able to connect with your support team via Twitter. They had me do a
factory reset on the Fitbit. Everything thing was resolved. Thanks for
getting back to me
Best Answer

@Santinaburton I'm happy to know that the inconvenience is resolved! 

Hope you can continue tracking towards your fitness goals! 

Have a great day! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Currently struggling with getting a new tracker as this one is not salvagable'
Best Answer

Try doing a factory reset of the fitbit.  That correct my problem. One suggestion...wait until midnight.  That's when everything resets back to zero.  That way, you don't lose anything you did for the day.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Charge 3 has died totally, am currently frustrated by fitbit offer for a discount on new tracker (going with a Versa 2) but 3 codes so far and lots of "help " from Fitbit and nothing is working. Am losing hope, and losing lots of points from Achievement and Dicks that I have connected to my tracker. I have not been without a tracker for this long in like 7-8 years.
Best Answer

@robinlynsip I'm sorry for the experience and thanks for your feedback.  @Santinaburton It's great to see you around and thanks for your input! 

If you still experience any inconvenience with the discount code, I suggest you to reply back to the case that you have with our Support Team so they can continue assisting you. 

Or you can post through the Other Versa Smartwatches board if you have additional questions. 

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes