Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 battery draining fast

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My HR Charge 3 doesn't seem to hold its charge for longer than 3 days, is this a common fault. Was working well until 2 weeks ago holding charge for 7 days.

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I have had the charging problems mentioned, the battery draining to nothing in a matter of hours.  I tried all the methods recommended which didn’t help.  I then let the battery drain, charged it to 100%,  turned off all notifications and all day sync, went to Settings on the Fitbit, then selected reboot option.  The Fitbit rebooted, and since then the battery is working perfectly.  I hope this works for those with this problem.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
186 REPLIES 186

Try restarting it several times and see if that improves things

Restart your tracker

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @gazzermac, welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that the battery on your Charge 3 is not lasting as it should. I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our Support Team for them to help you out with this. You should receive an email shortly with more instructions. If you need more help, I'm here!

PS. I'm moving your post to the Charge 3 board for categorization purposes.

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

I have the exact same problem. Battery life was perfect for the first 2-3 weeks. But recently it had consistently failed to hold up to 3 days.

My Charge 3 is less than 1 month old and bought at full retail price after trading in my old Charge 2 which had a wristband failure within 1 year warranty. This battery issue means the Charge 3 has a shorter battery life than Charge 2.

Additionally, I have turned off 'Always connected' to conserve battery and do not experience many notifications during the day. Turning 'Always connected' on was never the problem during the first 2-3 weeks of use.

Please advise what I can do to fix this.

Best Answer
Hi Jwolim
Below is what has been recommended so far by the FitBit team. Give it a go and see how you go. Be aware the resolution hasn't worked just yet.

- Connect the device to the charging cable. 
- While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
- The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
- The device turns off.
- The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
- Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
- Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.
Kind Regards
GazzerMac
Best Answer

@gazzermac, tried this method a few times and it hasn't worked.

100% at 8am, 25% by 7pm. I'm afraid this unit may be faulty. Also seems this is a common problem. 

I do love the device, but this is rather frustrating given fitbit should have ironed out these quirks before launching it. 

Best Answer
Quite agree.
I had a software update by Fitbit on Friday, let the charge 3 drain down and put it on charge. Removed the fitbit from charge at 11amk yesterday, and if the charge doesnt last the full seven days or close to it then I will be asking for a new one or my money back
Best Answer

Hi Ferdinand,

Not sure why some posts get the attention of a moderator to open a case and others do not (?) at any rate, can you open a case for me please. I bought the Charge 3 special edition and had to return my first one due to a defective charger, at which point we tried a second charger in the store which was also defective, and they ended up giving me a charger from a regular 3 (not special edition) which, in the store, worked fine. I was there for an hour yesterday including waiting for the entire update to complete. Last night I got home and charged it through my laptop port for 2 hrs, got a smiley face, and here I am at 7:30 am with a low battery email. I’ve tried the restart but something is still wrong - after charging it for only 20 minutes today, it displays   70% charged (which doesn’t make sense if it normally takes 2-3 hours to charge) and my battery indicator on the app looks like its half full at best. As a Fitbit die hard from day one, as you can imagine I’m quite surprised and peeved.

Best Answer

Not sure why this post had been marked as solved when everyone is still having this issue including myself. I had to return my charge 3. Extremely disappointed. Restarting the device does nothing to fix any of the issues that people are having. Fitbit is losing customers very rapidly! Give us something to work with. Are these issues being worked on? When can we expect this problem to actually be resolved? 

Best Answer

Dear Fitbit moderators, you need to let Fitbit’s Communications and Public Relations team know they are going to end up with reputational damage if they don’t start fixing the communication to the consumer. If you screwed up, that’s fine... this won’t be the first company with a faulty product nor the last. But at least acknowledge your customers and offer them a refund, an apology, and discount of of a presumable Charge 4 when it’s made without the bugs. 

Best Answer

I am having the same problem . Device was working fine for the first two weeks and now after battery is fully charged it’s drains and switches off. Device is not counting floors climbed and still issues with tracking sleep. Overall a complete disappointment .

Best Answer

I think the battery problem is starting to get some meaningful exposure and fitbit should be quietly aware of this by now from the number of returns.

Since my first post few weeks ago, my charge 3 is still giving me 2 days charge at best and one at times even after weeks of observation and countless resetting. 

I think charge 3 is still a great product, and I too have been diehard fan since the flex, charge, charge 2 and this. But in this instance the battery has been a huge annoyance and my action plan would be to return for a full store credit (hopefully honored by fitbit and it's re-sellers) and repurchase in a few months time.

Best Answer

I could live with 2 days charge, but mine dies in a few hours. I’m so disappointed because I wanted this product specifically for the fact it’s the only one you can swim with. I’m a swimmer and counting the calorie burn would be so useful for me. But I can’t keep holding on waiting while the product doesn’t work. Will return it to the store tomorrow. Thanks for nothing, moderators! Sigh.

Best Answer

I have now been sent a new device, although only had it for just over a week, the new one was fully charged and was synchronised into my phone last Sunday. Put it on charge today, some 6 days later and it was showing that it still had 45% battery life left. So so far so good, will monitor the battery to make sure I will get the full 7 days. 

Best Answer

Mine too, worked great for a week, then today went from 90% charge to 16% in an hour.  Something is wrong. 

Best Answer

How is this solved? I got mine in December for Christmas and am now experiencing these same concerns.

Best Answer
Hi
I tried all the "fixes" recommended and these didn't work., so a new one was sent out and I've had this one for approx one month and so far so good its working well.
Kind Regards
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here.  They opened a case for me.  I tried all the fixes and it didn’t work.  When I told them they never responded.  In addition to the charging issue I constantly have to reset the Fitbit as the screen keeps locking.  Very frustrating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 3 charges lasts about 30-40 minutes.  After a short time, it vibrates continuously until the charge is gone.  

Best Answer

I lose 3-4% charge immediately (say lesser than 2 minutes) after I remove my fitbit charge 3 out of the charger. I bought the device at a local store (Chroma) in Chennai, India. I am terribly disappointed with the device so far. Guess Charge 2 is way better than Charge 3. The problem is that I have given up my charge 2 and can't go back to it again. I feel like I'm cheated for the money I paid for the fitbit charge 3 device. 😞 

Best Answer