Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 won’t charge

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge 3 will not charge. It is a little over a year old. I followed all of the advice in the help article on what to do (cleaning my Fitbit and charger, switching USB ports, ensuring connection, resetting it, etc.).

When I would plug it in, it would vibrate and show me the battery with the percent I had remaining on it (17% at the start of the day), but it would not charge any. I left it in for hours plugged in different areas and the battery just continued to decrease. Now it is dead and not responsive when plugged in. Any suggestions?

Moderator edit: content

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Community, @choffman.

Thanks for troubleshooting this battery issue. Since the steps you tried didn't work, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our support team, for them to take a deeper look at this. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

In the meantime, let me know if you need anything else. 🙂

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Welcome to the Community, @choffman.

Thanks for troubleshooting this battery issue. Since the steps you tried didn't work, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our support team, for them to take a deeper look at this. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

In the meantime, let me know if you need anything else. 🙂

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Hi. I am also having trouble with my Fitbit Charge 3 which suddenly stopped working last night. It was working perfectly the whole day then one minute I look down and it has a blank screen. It has no power, refuses to charge or even turn on and overheats within minutes of attaching the charger. Yesterday  around 4pm whilst hanging my laundry it alerted me of a low battery (14%) and I went to put it on the charger and it vibrated once locked in to start the charging process. I took it after an hour and wore it, but I didn’t  check the battery level since I usually charge it whilst bathing and it gets full so I naturally assumed the battery level was now almost full. Just before midnight when I wanted to check the time that’s when I noticed it had turned off. I immediately plugged it in but nothing happened, it didn’t vibrate to signal charging and the screen stayed black. Thinking the battery had died I left it plugged in for about 15 minutes and when I went back to check there was no change except that the Fitbit itself had gotten overheated and was now really warm, almost hot to the touch.

I then tried the troubleshooting tip to plug the Fitbit into the charging cable and pressing the side button for 15 seconds, removing from cable then plugging it in to get a smiley face icon but it didn’t work. I kept trying it countless times but it still didn’t work and the device would warm up whilst plugged in. At one point it did show the smiley face and then the progress bar but the device turned off before the progress bar was complete or before the expected 7 vibrations occurred. And then I just kept trying but to no avail, nothing, no smiley face, just a blank screen. I don’t understand how this could have happened as my device was working quite fine the whole day, I even went on a run just before midday and everything was recorded. On the app it shows that the device last synced yesterday at 9.38pm, and that the battery is empty (3%).

I sent an email earlier today but they said it might take 2 days to get a reply. Is there any way you can assist me?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried the resets, changing ports, double checking the connectors and ensuring the are clean.  My charge3 is now dead.  I have had it 14 months.  It has worked fine and just one day decided to not charge.  Need help please

Best Answer

I’m having the same issue and have tried different chargers, cleaning, etc. and no impact.  Really frustrating 

Best Answer

Me too to all of that. I even changed the usb port charger, the cable, cleaned the pins, rebooted.

Best Answer

I seem to be having a similar problem. I noticed that the battery level was down to 30% , when I connected to the charging unit, there was no vibration or image indicating battery level or charging in progress. Left it on for a couple of hours with no increase of battery level. 

I have tried several USB ports , reset and rebooted the Charge 3 several times, Last update was Apr 2020. What next? 

Best Answer

This is a hardware issue. I found on a refurb I got it wouldnt charge. An elastic band and crumpled up paper towel to prop it together with the charger works. But mind you if you get one like this return it immediately. I would not buy this refurbished again, even some new ones have this same issue. Some kind of internal electronic not making a connection. Hope I helped someone.

Best Answer

Hi everyone. Welcome to the Community @edubois87 

Thanks for the details provided above. I recommend you to contact our support team for further assistance and provide detailed information about the inconvenience that you're experiencing.

See you around.

If my post was helpful, you can vote for it. You can also mark it as Best Answer if it was what you were looking for!
Best Answer
0 Votes