Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 won't pair

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Trying to pair new Charge 3 with Samsung S8. The Bluetooth sees the Charge 3 but doesn't pair successfully. I have tried 2 ways, without success:

- Restarted both the Charge 3 and phone

- Fitbit app account page, tap on set up a new device, select Charge 3, tap on 'set up your Fitbit Charge 3' and nothing happens. Any suggestions?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
187 REPLIES 187

How did you force it to stop?

Best Answer
0 Votes

What is a good alternative?

Best Answer

What ever happened?

Best Answer
0 Votes
U need to go to setting on ur fitbit itself, than About scroll down and u
have reboot setting. However I have tried everything multiple times and
device won't sync. I gave up get rid off app and only using it to monitor
my step count daily. After just over year I can tell battery noticeably
went down need to charge often so im giving it max another 7months and this
will go to recycle centre
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is non sense!!  I have been using my Charge 3 for months.  Today, it fails to sync & will not update my device??  I have enabled, disabled bluetooth, I have removed the device and set up again, I have the latest update for the app?  The device is next to my iPhone 8, BT is enabled, I have an active internet connection & everything is charged up.

Little bit of help would be appreciated ... and not 3 months from now...

Best Answer

I agree with you!!  Customer service is horrible from what I see.  Some moderator bot posts BS links.  Time to take to social media and let these clowns at FitBit take a hit to their profit margins!!

Best Answer

The only other thing I would suggest, If you have not done it already is to reset the Fitbit. Also make sure the blue tooth is shut off on all your devices. Phone, PC, laptop etc. After doing the reset turn on the bluetooth on your phone and see if the Fitbit will sync. This is what fitbit tech support has me do to get mine back up and running. Pretty ridiculous to have to do this but it worked. Good luck.

Best Answer

Thanks for your reply Erich!  That is the only thing I haven't tried yet.  When you say "reset" the FitBit, I assume you mean hook it to the charger and hold the button for 15 seconds?  I have the Charge 3.

Best Answer
You'll be lucky over a year and nothing! Would never buy a FitBit again
complete and utter waste of money

--
Regards
Best Answer

This is not an answer. The links don’t help. Why does your product not work and what steps are being taken to solve the problems on your end? We’ve tried all the user side fixes. The problem is FitBit’s. 

Best Answer

I agree. The links are worthless. I’m heading to social to spread the word about this crap. 

Best Answer

Yes follow the procedure for resetting when attached to charger. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

We have tried every fix several times. None work. Tired of the same suggestions over and over and over. Fitbit needs to fix their issues or refund our money. 

Moderator Edit: Word choice

Best Answer

Same here, they just say mine is out of warranty, I guess then I they don't trust the watch to work longer than the warranty's length of coverage

Best Answer
0 Votes

Solved for me: 

On Charge 3: Settings-About-Clear User Data

On Fitbit phone App: Tap the Today tab, tap your profile picture, Tap Set Up a Device, Choose Charge 3, Choose "Replace your Fitbit Charge 3". Follow further instructions.

Yes, you will lose all your previous data, but for me none of other recommended options worked. 

Best Answer
Thanks. I tried all of that then threw my Fitbit in the trash and bought a Garmin.

I appreciate the response though.

Chris

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for me after two years of no use!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just like all of your other suggestions, this does not deal with the problem nor does it resolve any problems, it just sends you in circles.  If you had any real answers why not post it here up front instead of sending us chasing after link after link?!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep, after I fixed it once it didn't happen again, but when I first got the watch it happened like 12 times. I don't know what I did that seemed to "permanently" fix it to be honest.

So for anyone who comes to read this thread after all these years, I got rid of my Fitbit and went with Garmin.

Number one, I don't want to own any health hardware that is owned by Google. Google doesn't need my health data in addition to reading my email and gleefully destroying the world, thanks.

Second, my Garmin has not failed even ONCE in 3 months now. The app is great, has all the same features and the watches are frankly much nicer.

Fitbit needs to get out of being acquired by Google and kick up their quality or they're going to get eaten.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Erasing the data on my fitbit tracker has worked for me too!

Best Answer