Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 won't pair

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Trying to pair new Charge 3 with Samsung S8. The Bluetooth sees the Charge 3 but doesn't pair successfully. I have tried 2 ways, without success:

- Restarted both the Charge 3 and phone

- Fitbit app account page, tap on set up a new device, select Charge 3, tap on 'set up your Fitbit Charge 3' and nothing happens. Any suggestions?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
187 REPLIES 187

Thank you! The same thing happened when I switched time zones and I was totally stumped for what to do after trying several 'solutions'. Your suggestion worked! Thanks again for saving me more time and headache!

Best Answer

I'm another user whose Fitbit was working and syncing fine. When it stopped syncing I assumed it would be easy to find the problem, but after 3 hours of stopping and restarting the Fitbit, stopping, restarting my phone, uninstalling, reinstalling the Fitbit app on my phone and clearing the data cache for the Fitbit app I got fed up and cleared all the user data from my Fitbit and started again from scratch.

I guess I'm stuck with the this thing now, but it's the last one I ever buy!

Moderator edit: word choice

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I feel the same. I found if my Blutooth is always on, then the data from fitbit syncs fine. But if the Blutooth comes off for a day or two, then back on again, that's it, the Fitbit won't sync, and the only way to sync it is to erase all data. Not happy about that at all, as I've lost all my data multiple times now!

Best Answer

Hello everyone. @JonOxford@sp_scorpio. Welcome to the community forums. 

I'm very sorry for the experience and thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and for the troubleshooting steps you've followed. At this time, I recommend following all of the troubleshooting steps suggested in this help article: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?. Note, if you already followed all of them, I recommend contacting our Support Team for further assistance. They will be able to further look into your cases and provide a prompt resolution. 

You can contact them through chat or over the phone and you can click here to get connected. 

See you around. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 3 suddenly stopped syncing. I tried to on my iPhone 11 and iPad, latest IOS on both.   I removed and added the app again, on/off Bluetooth, removed it from the Bluetooth list, did a hard reset, then a complete factory reset and cleared data. STILL nothing. When I try to do a whole new set up it finds the tracker but is stuck on connecting.  How frustrating. I use it to record my sleep data so just having it as a watch is worthless to me. 

Moderator edit: word choice

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @surferchick2. Welcome to the community forums. 

I'm sorry for your experience and thank you for the detailed information and for the troubleshooting steps you've tried prior to posting. It seems that you have followed most of the suggested tips from this help article and since the issue has persisted, my best recommendation is that you please contact our Support Team for further assistance. 

Note that you can contact them through chat or over the phone, but phone wait times have been longer than normal, so I recommend initiating a chat. Click here to get connected. 

Please make sure to provide a brief explanation of the inconvenience and mention the troubleshooting steps you've followed, this way they can assist you from there. 

See you around. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have to reconnect my fitbit everyday without fail. I don't seem to have to do this with other devices so why only fitbit?
Best Answer
0 Votes

After copying 20 different numbers in order to see the pairing fail again..... Deleting user data worked and the device was paired in 1 try!

Best Answer
0 Votes