Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 won't pair

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Trying to pair new Charge 3 with Samsung S8. The Bluetooth sees the Charge 3 but doesn't pair successfully. I have tried 2 ways, without success:

- Restarted both the Charge 3 and phone

- Fitbit app account page, tap on set up a new device, select Charge 3, tap on 'set up your Fitbit Charge 3' and nothing happens. Any suggestions?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello all, I hope you are doing fine.

Thanks for troubleshooting these issues by yourselves. It's great to know that some of you have resolved this. For the ones that keep having this inconvenience, I recommend taking a look at the following links and follow the instructions provide:

See you around. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
187 REPLIES 187

I am having the same issue. If I do not get some resolution shortly this piece of garbage is being returned. I have the same phone. Have restarted the device, deleted the app. Deleted the device from the app. The charge 3 will not pair with the phone.

Edit:  It is now January 11, 2019, and like an idiot I did not return the Charge 3 when I had the chance.  I still have the same issues and the same canned responses keep being fed here on this forum.  At least I learned my lesson.  I will never purchase another product from this company again.

Best Answer

returned the product and will explore alternatives.

Best Answer

I cannot pair my new Charge 3 to my IPhone 7. I followed the instruction, tapping notifications. It said my Charge 3 needed to be paired, so I pressed setup and the notifications just shows its searching. Then  I tried the phone setup and it cannot find the device. 

Best Answer

Hey @Bradlin@bmacsdc and @Jrg24 welcome to the Community.

I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this issue. If you are having problems pairing your trackers, I recommend taking a look at the help article Why can't I set up my Fitbit device? and follow the instructions provide there.

I am sorry to hear that some of you have returned the unit. If in the future there is something we can help you with, do not hesitate to post it.

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Robot Happy

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

The charge 3 will not pair with a low end Motorola smart phone nor a high end Samsung Note 8. Have done all the updates and restarts. Guess we have to return too. 

Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Community @Mjfitness.

I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this issue and would like to know if you have checked the link I provided in my previous post? If you haven't, I recommend taking a look at it and follow the steps there.

Let me know how it goes. Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Make sure you go into the app and enable notifications. It will still sync without being paired... but to receive calls n texts you have to enable it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried the suggestions and still won’t pair and I can’t receive messages and the device doesn’t stay on all day sync because it won’t pair. Very unhappy. Would love to return this product at this time.

Best Answer

The link quoted does not work.

Best Answer

PAIRING , SYNCING, UPDATING issue of charge3 solved:

i had the same issue. i went overseas and when i changed the sim, charge3 synced correctly to that country timezone..but when i came back, it could never sync back to usa time. just showed trying to update and sync !!! tried every thing meaning, loggin out from app , uninstalling and reinstalled app from phone couple of times, restarting phone couple of times, rebooting charge3 couple of times, unpairing charge3 from phone list of devices on bluetooth ,and tried re-installing as a new device again from fitbit app...but nothing worked. the phone app could track the charge3 when i added as new device on the app and it would try to track the tracker and succeed BUT the  screen that shows the code to pair it shows up, the code comes on tracker, and once you enter that code on phone, it would get stuck at that screen where you put the code and says CONNECTING..but would never connect , never pair.

all of the above i wasted 3 hours and about 1 hour on phone with fitbit rep but they always get disconnected (3 times and sad they never called back.).finally i tried ERASING data from tracker setting menu and guess what ! it did the trick... now when i tried to pair the charge3, it gave me the code and connected/paired ! and it updated and synced ! note took 45mts to update.
SO MY ADVICE BEFORE WASTING YOUR TIME LIKE MINE , FIRST THING GO TO SETTINGS ON DEVICE AND ERASE DATA. even the fitbit rep couldnt solve this problem ...but i did !

Best Answer

I have been trying for a few days now. This worked! Cleared all data in settings on charge 3 and it connected and synced immediately. Crazy that you have to delete everything you’ve saved to update and sync!!!

Best Answer

I was getting so frustrated that in the end I cleared data from fitbit, removed fitbit apps, removed from bluetooth settings on laptop and left for a day. Reinstalled everything and apart from not syncing with WW app, I can put up with that and input data manually, everything seems as it should be. What's going on? Had the Charge 3 for 3 months with no problems whatsoever and finding it a great motivator.

Best Answer

Cant pair my acer phone to my fib charge3, keeps asking thr proper pass code is entered...no place to enter

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here. None of the other suggestions (unpair/wipe data/restart device) worked. I had to force stop the Fitbit app, and then it synced.

Best Answer

Hello all, I hope you are doing fine.

Thanks for troubleshooting these issues by yourselves. It's great to know that some of you have resolved this. For the ones that keep having this inconvenience, I recommend taking a look at the following links and follow the instructions provide:

See you around. Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

After 2 hours of trying almost everything on here multiple times following the above advise worked to get it to pair... I had lost faith in Fitbit... seriously  going to a different country with my phone and Fitbit should not cause this to happen .... Fitbit engineers sort this out ... other wise it’s a product heading in the right direction..... waterproof about time.  I have had the hr charge 1. +2.0 also remembering to take it offf in the shower was a pain .....

Manually clear data on device and go from there pairing and syncing especially if you were in another country as it confuses it for some reason....

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

I think Fitbit needs a new CTO

Best Answer

Cannot get my Charger 3 to download to my computer dashboard and going to instructions the Charger 3 is not one of the choices on their list to start down load

Best Answer
0 Votes

After working for first two months as expected, charge 3 is ridden with synching issues. I have to call help desk to get sync to work. 5 times already. And in those 5 times I had to delete device data to make it sync/connect to bluetooth. Charge 3 sucks. Extremely annoyed. 

Best Answer