Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 won’t restart

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Plugged my charge 3 in and held the button down but nothing happens.  Tried multiple times.  I know I’m pressing it because I feel the fives buzz, but after a few seconds it just goes dark instead of restarting.

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

Hello everyone. @Weasel709 Welcome to the community forums. 

I'm very sorry for this experience and thanks for your help in trying to troubleshoot the inconvenience. Please make sure that you've tried to restart your Charge 3, by following the instructions here. Note that you can also restart it by opening the Settings App on your Charge 3 and then tap About > Reboot Device. 

If that doesn't help, try to perform a long restart. To do this, follow the steps below: 

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  4. The device turns off.
  5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.

Lastly, the Brightness on your Charge 3 can be handled in the Settings App. To get information about how to navigate your Charge 3, please go here.

Hope this helps. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having a similar problem, my Fitbit was flashing the screen randomly, switching between pages, and vibrating randomly, I did the 15s restart, and it continued to do that after the restart. The next morning it was fine and operating normally, the. I noticed the screen was frozen on a time from 5 hours previous, and it wasn't responding to touch. When I pushed the power button I get a constant vibration. Now my screen is completely black, the power button vibrates continuously when pressed, it won't sync with the app, and it will not restart.  Any ideas?

Best Answer
I couldn't figure it out and waited till a sale and got a charge 4 because my Fitbit was well over warranty. I wish they would offer a 2 year warranty. Sent from my Galaxy
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Kathryn2000. Welcome to the community forums. @Weasel709 Nice to see you around. 

@Kathryn2000 Thank you very much for the detailed information and for the troubleshooting steps you've tried. If you haven't done so, I'd recommend reaching out to our Support Team for further assistance. Note that you can get in touch with them through chat or over the phone, but phone wait times have been longer than normal. Click here to get connected. 

Please make sure to provide a brief explanation of the inconvenience and mention the troubleshooting steps you've followed, this way they can assist you from there. 

@Weasel709 I also appreciate your information and thanks for getting a Charge 4. At this time, I'd like to let you know that the warranty is for one (1) year from the date of purchase, except that if you reside in the European Economic Area (EEA) and you purchased your Fitbit product in the EEA, the warranty period is two (2) years from the date of purchase (the "New Product Warranty Period"). For more information, please check: https://www.fitbit.com/global/us/legal/returns-and-warranty.

See you around. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Why did Fitbit continue selling the model if they knew it had issues? Really bad form. 

Best Answer
0 Votes