Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 won't sync and losing time

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My charge 3 will not sync with my phone and the time is 7 minutes off. I have tried all of the troubleshooting steps in the community with no results. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, I have reset my Fitbit I have turned off my phone I am at a loss

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27

Welcome on board @Bluer4u, it's nice to see you here! Thanks for all the steps you've tried in order to sort this out, nice way to go! While reading your post I was wondering if you've checked the your mobile phone is included in our list of supported devices?

If so, in order to solve this, please go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and remove the tracker. In the list of Bluetooth devices you'll see the Charge 3 and next to it, this symbol "!". Hit the symbol and it will take you to the next step, once you're there select the option that says "Forget this device" for iOS and "Unpair" for Android.

Once you've made sure about that, go back to the Fitbit app, go to the "Account" option in the upper right corner and select "Set up a Device". This should start the setup process for your device. Smiley Very Happy

If you can't get started with your Fitbit device, usually a missing requirement is the cause. Carefully review the requirements below:

• Note that you can't set up your Fitbit device from your phone or tablet's Bluetooth screen; you must open the Fitbit app and follow the on-screen instructions.
  • The software on your phone or tablet is up to date. 
  • The Bluetooth setting on your phone or tablet is on.

If you're still unable to set up, try these troubleshooting steps:

1. Turn off Bluetooth on your phone; wait 10 seconds, and then turn it back on.
  2. Try setting up your device again.
  3. Restart your Charge 3 again.
  4. Try setting up your device again.
  5. If you can't set up after a restart, reboot your phone or tablet (turn it off and then back on).
  6. Try setting up your device again.
  7. If you can't set up after the reboot, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit app.

Note that if your tracker is not paired, it won't show the correct time as it grabs the time of your phone. Check this post in case the time keeps showing wrong.

Give this a go and let me know the outcome! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

It has happened again, the battery died on my Fitbit, I charged it it is now 15 hours off and it will not synchronize to update the time. What can I do to get this thing to think I have turned off the Bluetooth and back on I have re paired it I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice with no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Best Answer

I appreciate all of the suggestions. I had the issue with losing time periodically. However, my wearable would sync with my app. I kept getting a firmware update message but it would never complete. I tried all of the steps mentioned except I am stuck on pairing my device again. I restarted both my phone and wearable and uninstalled and reinstalled the app. My bluetooth is only paired to the wearable. It can locate the wearable and I enter the code. Then it stalls during the connecting and won't finish. I stopped the process after an hour or so and rebooted, reinstalled, etc and it is still getting stuck on this step. I have a Charge 3. When I had the Charge 2, I never had any issues and that has not been paired to my phone or account for months now. What is the next step I should take to get my wearable paired to my phone/account again? 

Best Answer

Great! Thank you! Tried a bunch of other things for other issues, and this resolved this issue and everything else! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried all your suggestions and it works for about 30 minutes or so then starts losing time again and won't sync. One thing I noticed is that my phone  under the Bluetooth ,says I have a device PR BT 3110 ( have no idea what this is, do you?)  and my fitbit 3.  

Best Answer

also it starts to sync ( the arrows turning in upper left corner0 but only for a couple seconds and then changes to a little green upright rectangle and stays that way. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Cbarge 3 has stopped syncing with my I phone. What are the possible problems and just how could I get it synchronise?

Best Answer

I had a similar problem, but I had to keep my phone screen awake the entire time with the fitbit app open. Couldn't use my phone during the entire update, but it worked.

Best Answer

Hi. I'm having the same issue. Last time it sync properly was July 24 and then a firmware update appeared. I tried yo install and it didn't. I have tried all the steps listed above repeatedly all week. NOTHING IS WORKING!! Charge 3 will not pair back with my Samsung Galaxy S6. I've had it since Nov. 2018 with no issues before this. It is 2 hours and 16 minutes behind the correct time. Sometimes my Bluetooth will find it when I also have the app opened and am flipping back and forth between the app and my Bluetooth screen. When I click on Charge 3 it says "Unable to pair. Ensure Charge 3 is ready to pair." Please help!!! I have version 28.20001.60.39  -  Model FB409. Thank you. 

Best Answer

I am having trouble too, I have a galaxy 8 note..does fitbit not sync to the galaxy 8 note anymore? I have done everything suggested and it works for a few hours and then it stops working.

Best Answer
Hey,

My charge 3 has done that twice with loosing time. I just removed it from my fitbit device list and then added it again as a new device. Also check in your settings if your time zone is correct or at auto update.

The sync issue has happened more often. To fix that I connect the fitbit up to the charger and hold down the left hand groove with my finger till the smily face appears.

Hope that helps! Good luck 😊
Best Answer
Still doesn't work helpSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have the problem where my Charge 3 loses time and after it loses time, it will no longer sync.

What happens is that at night I leave my phone on the charger at the other end of the house so it is out of Bluetooth range of my bedroom. Once the Charge 3 is out of range, it starts losing time. The next morning, the sync service on my phone says the last sync was the time I left my phone at the other end of the house the night before, and my fitbit is 5-10 minutes slow. If I reset my phone and charge 3, I can get them to sync again, and it will sync all day, until I am out of range of the phone for a while, and the fitbit loses time again.

Best Answer

I have tired to reset my Fitbit  and the smile face comes up and the time goes back to right time but over the course of the day It loses up to 30 minutes or more also doesn't like to sync please help I have tired several things to connect this

Best Answer
I read somewhere you can loose time if you don't have regular bluetooth connection with your phone and fitbit. Regularly syncing too.
Best Answer

I have done all of the above and nothing work,  If i remove the watch it reset itself at the proper time and will sync, so why it is happening now I had the fibit for over 8 months and it as just started

Best Answer
I had to get mine RMA'd and they sent me a replacement. Took several chats
with Fitbit support to get them to agree to do it.
Best Answer

I have tried all of these fixes over and over again over the last couple of weeks since my Charge 3 started to sync randomly. Sometimes my phone can’t find it. Sometimes it is connected to my phone but the app can’t sync with it, saying it can’t find it. The last few days, it has lost time overnight. I’ve spent hours and still not syncing properly despite setting it up in the app several times, re-starting everything, trying Wi-fi only and mobile signal only. This is after nearly a year of no problems. So frustrating. Giving up on Fitbit as the only support offered seems to be to offer the same fixes which haven’t worked. Is there a software glitch since the latest iPhone update. iOS 13.? 

Best Answer

Thank you for these instructions!

After almost a week without being able to sync and this morning realizing that the device is no longer keeping time, I was quite frustrated....(as many others, our major outlet is getting outside, running/walking and having the encouragement of the device).

However, I'm very pleased with the correction.

Thank you so much

Marianne

Best Answer