Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 won’t sync and won’t pair after removing it

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I know there are only like 3 people that have this device right now, but if anyone else that has it can check...is yours syncing ok? Mine last synced 4 hours ago and when trying to force a manual sync it wouldn’t get past “looking.” I tried the usual fixes - turning bluetooth off and on, removing the C3 from the app and my phone and attempting to re-add it, power cycling my phone...nothing works. The user manual says to press the side button for 8 seconds to reset, but all that does is bring up the screen wake/notifications toggle screen. Just issues due to it being new/unreleased, or is it possible it crapped out on me already?!

Current::: Charge 3, Aria /// Retired::: Flex, Charge HR, Blaze, Versa, Charge 2
Best Answer
731 REPLIES 731

There was a firmware update today. Has it helped anyone with syncing issues?

Current::: Charge 3, Aria /// Retired::: Flex, Charge HR, Blaze, Versa, Charge 2
Best Answer
0 Votes

I an holdig the side button when it is on charge but it doesn’t seem to do anything

Best Answer

Putting it in the cradle and holding the button worked for me. Hopefully they will fix this issue soon!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm so frustrated!  I've been trying to correct this for hours now.  Nothing is working.  I just got this Fitbit Charge 3 four days ago.  I had my other Fitbit charge 2 for over 2 years with no issues.  This is very wrong! Again, nothing is working for me.  I've tried to reset, turn off blue tooth, turn on blue tooth, restart my iPhone X, nothing.  

Best Answer

I have been having the same issue.  One thing I just tried that appears to be working is a trick that was mentioned above.  It involves charging the Fitbit and while the Fitbit is charging, hold down the button on the left for about 8 seconds until a smiley face shows up.  After I did that I was able to get it to work.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried that. I got the smiley face but that’s as far as I could go. Wouldn’t sync. I’m returning this Fitbit charge 3 and going back to my Fitbit charge 2. So aggravating. But at least my other one works. Thank you😊

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, but that only synched some things, not all.

Best Answer

That’s the exact same thing that happened to me! 

Best Answer
I guess we’ll have to wait on FB to upgrade with a “fixbit.”

Sent from my iPad😀
Best Answer

Exactly. Weather app not working for the same reason and there is no real solution being offered. Fitbit will have to do a software update after they stop blaming their customers. I just switched from Alta HR and had no problems. This will be a great product when they fix it. 

Best Answer

Thanks this worked for me!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Reporting to Which. Device is not fit for purpose 

Best Answer

Mine won’t sync either. It did for a couple of days but now the phone can’t find it. 

Best Answer
Same here. The I put in charger. Pressed side button until you see smile face. No problems since.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Absolutely frustrating. Had this for 3 days, worked great since Friday, Saturday no issues - even charged my phone many a time.  48 hours in - hasn't synced for almost 24 hours and I just noticed it today.  

Not going to hard reset a 3 day old device and lose sleep data already, it seems ridiculous that this is occurring on such a wide scale.  We want to like your product FB - but please fix this issue now. 

Best Answer

If we wanted to carry the charging cradle around with us wherever we went, we just wouldn't have purchased this piece of fitness equipment.  

Best Answer
Thanks! It’s working now. Hope it doesn’t do that again!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
It seems that after the firmware update everything is working fine! Yay!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am happy for everyone whose FBC3 works after the last update. But the way they deal/communicate with their customers is not professional. That's is the main reason I sent my FBC3 back to the shop. 

Best Answer

Exactly right!  They should have sent out a message to all explaining there was a glitch with this. They could have explained also that they were working on it.  I probably would have kept mine instead of returning it.  

Best Answer
0 Votes