Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 won’t sync and won’t pair after removing it

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I know there are only like 3 people that have this device right now, but if anyone else that has it can check...is yours syncing ok? Mine last synced 4 hours ago and when trying to force a manual sync it wouldn’t get past “looking.” I tried the usual fixes - turning bluetooth off and on, removing the C3 from the app and my phone and attempting to re-add it, power cycling my phone...nothing works. The user manual says to press the side button for 8 seconds to reset, but all that does is bring up the screen wake/notifications toggle screen. Just issues due to it being new/unreleased, or is it possible it crapped out on me already?!

Current::: Charge 3, Aria /// Retired::: Flex, Charge HR, Blaze, Versa, Charge 2
Best Answer
731 REPLIES 731
I had less than 3 months of my charge3 working. They replaced the unit and
that was useless too would never but another Fitbit product. Fat waste of
money
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello , same thing with my C 3 , I also gave up on it after pl ying with it
for a year
Best Answer
0 Votes

Going that way, too, soon. Mine wouldn't charge, sync or get out of sleep mode and then I dropped it. (Not on purpose.) Picked it up and it was working. Wonky device. Won't be buying another ever. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

clearing data actually works. I did this after all the other fixes...even deleting the app/ Bluetooth on and off, etc etc (which lost all the data anyway). 

Cleared data on the settings and within seconds it am was able to set up and pair. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

three weeks without syncing, and trying to do it while falling asleep, I finally read the full instructions somewhere in this thread (while awake at my desk), that said to put the Charge3 in the charger. My Charge3 is now giving me updates, and syncing, and making me feel guilty already about not getting my 250 steps in per hour again.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @ncpete. Welcome to the community forums. 

I'm sorry for the experience you had and thanks for letting us know that your Charge 3 is now syncing. If in case you experience or if you encounter any any inconvenience with reminders to move in the future, I recommend turning them off and then turn them back on by following the instructions here: 

What are the reminders I see on my Fitbit device?

Hope this helps. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer

I have uninstalled, re downloaded, shut down, added to charging cable, I.e.  done everything and my Charge 3 will still not sync or can be found on Bluetooth.  I’ve had this one for over a year.  First it was having syncing issues that I eventually got straightened out, but now it will sync for a week or two and then stop. I have to go through the dance with it all over again.  This last time, it stopped syncing on a trip where I had no time to mess with it because I was competing.  Spent my entire competition trip on the incorrect time zone because I could not get it to correct itself.  Came home and did the whole gambit to try to get it to sync since.  Still will not work.  Removed it from my Fitbit account and attempted to reset it up again.  Now, it will find my Charge 3, gives a code, but when it goes to finish set up, it say it is sorry it is taking so long.  My phone is literally sitting right next to it.  I’m extremely disappointed.  I don’t want to go off  and get yet another new Fitbit ( I’ve had to replace others due to housing issues where it cracked -not from impact but from typical wear.) and I’m kind of over it.  Any suggestions? Like I e said, I’ve done everything on all the lists to try to fix this issue.  I need it to keep syncing reliably.  Thank you

Best Answer

Hello @Bunniemom. Welcome to the community forums. 

Thank you for the detailed information and for the troubleshooting steps you've tried prior to posting. Since you've tried these steps and these others and the issue has persisted, my best recommendation is that you please contact our Support Team for further assistance. 

Note that you can contact them through chat or over the phone, but phone wait times have been longer than normal, so I recommend initiating a chat. Click here to get connected. 

Also, please make sure to provide a brief explanation of the inconvenience and mention the troubleshooting steps you've followed, this way they can assist you from there. 

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I wasted my time and effort contacting the support team. After a lengthy debate and several emails I was told that “as it was more than 1 yr old, it was out of warranty. I was invited to buy a new Charge 3, my response was direct and they subsequently offered a 25% discount. There are better product on the market

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
I gave  up on my Charge  3 , Not Worth the  Aggravation Sent on my Boost Mobile Samsung Galaxy Phone.
Best Answer

@Davidthesailor@Drywalljohn Thank you very much for your replies. 

I also appreciate your comments and feedback. Please note that any feedback posted in the forums is always welcome as it helps to improve our products, services and overall environment.

On a side note, I appreciate your understanding and patience, but please note that replacement devices are provided for products that are within the warranty period. If your original Charge 3 is no longer under warranty a discount could be an available option but some conditions and requirements should be met. For more information about our warranty policy, I recommend visiting the following link: https://www.fitbit.com/global/us/legal/returns-and-warranty

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have sent you a pm regarding the loss of illumination on the screen and the consequential inability to read the 4 digit code reqyuirewed when poairing the Charge 3 with my iphone.  The bluetooth pairing failed and I had to try and restore their  link, obviously without success.  Please read and respond. The notes on restoring the screen illumination listed on other pages does not do the joib.

Best Answer