Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 won’t sync and won’t pair after removing it

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I know there are only like 3 people that have this device right now, but if anyone else that has it can check...is yours syncing ok? Mine last synced 4 hours ago and when trying to force a manual sync it wouldn’t get past “looking.” I tried the usual fixes - turning bluetooth off and on, removing the C3 from the app and my phone and attempting to re-add it, power cycling my phone...nothing works. The user manual says to press the side button for 8 seconds to reset, but all that does is bring up the screen wake/notifications toggle screen. Just issues due to it being new/unreleased, or is it possible it crapped out on me already?!

Current::: Charge 3, Aria /// Retired::: Flex, Charge HR, Blaze, Versa, Charge 2
Best Answer
731 REPLIES 731

Finally. My son went into my settings on my iphone7. He went under General & pushed reset.Then under that you choose”reset network”, you donor loose any information on phone. Then you go to your Fitbit app. Go to your settings on the Fitbit app. A box came up on my phone that gave me the option to click on “pair”. It took a little time but it finally paired, maybe 15-20 min. I did have my Fitbit on its charger & left it beside my phone until it paired

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s has been working for a week. The all day sync quit working first then when my phone updated the phone & Fitbit would not pair. It’s been fine so far🤞🤞

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello , Yes so good so far , I made another e mail account with just my F B
C 3 , nothing else going to that account and I haven't had a problem since
, nock on wood I guess , but it works...
Best Answer
0 Votes
Still have the same one fbc3, almost a year..
Best Answer

I am having problems also .  It seems like ever since I got the charger 3 it has given me problems.  I am thinking about getting an Apple Watch since I am having so much problems with this Fitbit  I have been using Fitbit for over 5 years .....

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sasdly there was no resolution and the Carge 3 went to be recycled. I now just use a watch to tell the time and common sense to keep up the exercise .
Best Answer

I am on Charge 3 #2.  I have been basically using it as a waterproof watch and for only counting steps or an occasional timer for cooking.

I still am under warranty until November. Have had this replacement for over a year and worked fairly well, but would not allow me to update in the last few months.  It would sync my steps only every 2-3 days and then it became more erratic.  Now the time is off too!  It used to keep perfect time with my computers at work, and now 3 minutes behind.  

Looking further, it somehow has now updated on it's own but instead of the usual "steps" I looked for and the time/timer, it is now showing calories burned instead.  This has been the most frustrating purchase I have had with Fitbit and am hesitant to even ask for another replacement thinking they are just recycling and refurbishing old ones that have been returned.  

If anyone has a trick for re-setting just the clock time, that would be better than nothing for me right now.

Best Answer
Most frustrating indeed ... unfortunately the trackers time is set from your mobile phone Bluetooth pairing and app sync ... Unless Fitbit has another way, I’m afraid your outta luck... no pair, no sync .. no time set.
Mark L. Torrey
Best Answer

Yes, same problem here.  I tried all the troubleshooting steps that there was (reset, un-pair, re-pair, uninstall, reinstall). One time yesterday it paired, but that only lasted for 40 minutes.  The watch itself is in good shape visually, which makes it all the more frustrating. The only solution the representative could offer me was to give me a discount on a new Charge 3 since my warranty was out.  I had not had much luck with Fitbit.  None of my Fitbits have never made the 2 year mark! I bought my current Charge 3 in October of 2018. I don't abuse my watch either...just wear it to work and an occasional swim.  Mostly just use to track sleep since I work nights.    

Best Answer

Just had an answer from Fitbit that they are aware of the problem - are trying to fix it but no timeline

Totally unacceptable 

This needs to be publicised - companies cannot be allowed to get away with this - they have had their money and then leave users in the lurch

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately, THIS has been going on for almost two years now!!! 😠

Look at the first page of entries... 
https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge-3/Charge-3-won-t-sync-and-won-t-pair-after-removing-it/td-p/2...
They have said the exact same thing all this time.

Mine is still under warranty, but I am now on my second watch under the warranty and it's not syncing at all. The time is now about 4 minutes behind!  The steps are working, but anything that needs to be synced is not.  I may just try to get a third "new" one, but my sense is their just shipping refurbished models at this point.  Worst customer care ever IMHO!

Best Answer

Yes, in perpetuity... My Charge 3 has been affected by every one of the issues cited somewhere in this post over the last two years since I bought it.  But once I calmed down and accepted that this was the reality of owning and using this device, I persevered with and it has served me well enough thus far.

Yes, it acts up once in a while.  Sometimes twice in a week and sometime it seems like every other day.  At other times it works well for a couple of months without issues.

When it goes on the fritz, I usually stay calm, perform some of the tweaks suggested and it always come  back on track one way or another.  I stopped getting upset a long time ago, or if I do now, it's a momentary rush of annoyance and then I shrug, execute one of the tweaks and I have always gotten it back working.

If it happens that the day comes when I finally can't get it back up and running, I'll probably get furious then but for now I live with it and it's been relegated to minor nuisance status for me.  I know that's not going to work for everybody who is affected but it does for me.

One final point, they sell thousands of these things.  Yes, many of us seem to be affected with these issues but I have to believe the majority of users are not plagued by them.  Otherwise, how can they sell so many and have thousand of satisfied customers?  I have friends who never seem to have issues with theirs...Just saying.

Best Answer
0 Votes
That is very reasonable of you but as a matter of principle if the product does not do what it says on the tin - that is not right - if you bought a motor car and some of the components only worked some of the time - would you be so sanguine. If there is this problem then all the sales blurb should state quite clearly ‘This Product only functions 100% of the time on an erratic basis’

Sent from my iPad

Excuse speling mistakes

Paul
Best Answer

PMWLondon, I do agree with everything you are saying, especially if these issues do affect a high percentage of customers.  And you are spot on that if this were my car, I'd be absolutely livid.  But I paid thousands of dollars for my car, not $150 so I guess I can be a lot more forgiving regarding the FitBit.

Let's just say that I know over 200 people who have the same device as me and only three of us have ever complained about them.  This has lead me to believe that the problems affect a very small percentage of the devices.  I have to believe that if these issues plagued thousands of people that FitBit would have adversely affected business wise if they chose to do nothing about it.

I do like the sales blurb suggestion ‘This Product only functions 100% of the time on an erratic basis’.  It does capture my experience... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

200??? - I had 6 replacements none of which worked for more than a day. The product doesn't do what it's purported to do, it should have been withdrawn and people refunded. It doesn't matter whether it cost £10, £100 or £10,000 - it doesn't work!

Best Answer

Here's the REAL problem!!!
Made in China!!!Made in China!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had same issues for over a week. today it worked after 3 or four tries. Here's the only thing I did differently after 3d try today...connected to my Mac, made sure Mac was charging, connected iPhone 11 to mac, connected Charge 3 to the Mac....checked that the bluetooth was connected. (oh yes, and I filled out the Fitbit Community Survey before try 3 advising them issue had no been resolved and gave them a service score of 1 and said I'd probably not use my Fitbit any longer.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Susie , my charge 3 is back on line , mine goes out at least every other
week . Delete the fit bit app totally , re installed and it's working
again. Let's see for how long ?
Best Answer
0 Votes
I had a similar problem with IOS but Fitbit persevered and finally after a lot of trial and error With them the issue was resolved

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

am also trying to sync my C3 with no success
i have turned bluetooth on and off
i have turned the phone off on back on

i have unistalled and reinstalled the App

nothing makes any difference

the app "finds" my C3 while in charger

then the charger gets a 4 digit code which i enter in the App
and it gets stuck there telling " "sorry, the setup is taking longer than usual"..........please be patient. We're on it"

well i have lost my patience
this is not working 

very frustrating

i have had this C3 for a year at least and every now and then, it will just refuse to pair......

it has never been this bad!

Best Answer
0 Votes