Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 won’t sync and won’t pair after removing it

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I know there are only like 3 people that have this device right now, but if anyone else that has it can check...is yours syncing ok? Mine last synced 4 hours ago and when trying to force a manual sync it wouldn’t get past “looking.” I tried the usual fixes - turning bluetooth off and on, removing the C3 from the app and my phone and attempting to re-add it, power cycling my phone...nothing works. The user manual says to press the side button for 8 seconds to reset, but all that does is bring up the screen wake/notifications toggle screen. Just issues due to it being new/unreleased, or is it possible it crapped out on me already?!

Current::: Charge 3, Aria /// Retired::: Flex, Charge HR, Blaze, Versa, Charge 2
Best Answer
731 REPLIES 731

Under Bluetooth, I have Charge 3 listed, but doesn’t have the ”i” symbol, so I can’t forget the device and start the setup again. It says connected, but the device won’t start, 8 second hold on button does nothing. What to do?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem. Called Fitbit 3 times and no one can figure it out. We rebooted4 times,turned Bluetooth off and on several times, removed Fitbit several times. One person said it was on their end at Fitbit but the other 2;people hadn’t heard that. One person said it could take 2 weeks for it to sync but I don’t think they have the answer

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you don't want to loose data go to settings in your phone and force the app to stop (android devices - not sure if this also works for apple) then restart and your app should pick up the c3

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello, thank you. I have been rebooting the C3 for months now to get it to sync. It is tiresome. Now the C3 is counting the stairs incorrectly. The C3 isn’t very reliable.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello , what I wound up doing was making another e mail with only my Charge
3 on account . No Problems Ever Since . Thanks John
Best Answer
0 Votes
I solved it by throwing it away.
Best Answer

Thanks, worked for me!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This happens to me quite frequently with my Fitbit Charge 3 which I have had for two years.  And yes, the tricks they suggest to fix the issue do help and the sync will work for a few weeks (or sometime days) but invariably it always returns.  Not just on my laptop but on my iPhone too.  It's annoying to say the least.

It's not my laptop or iPhone.  It's the Fitbit Charge 3 and it's bluetooth. It's par for the course with bluetooth. I am so used to this happening, that I just shrug, employ one or two of the tricks and move on.  I used to cuss and fuss in the beginning but now I just smile when it happens, execute one or more of the "fixes", which always work.

For the record, I like my Fitbit.  Been using one since 2013 (a couple of Ones, a Flex, then a Charge 2 and then this Charge 3).  It's not worth complaining about it; if you like your Fitbit(s), you learn to live with it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I contacted Fitbit for the forth time yesterday and the person I talked to said they are having a problem with the Fitbit app and are working on it and the all day sync is the problem they are having with it. When I reboot my Fitbit it will sync one time. They said they hope to have it fixed soon. Not sure if the app will need to be deleted and then down loaded again. This is something they should notify us so we don’t go crazy trying to figure it out😊

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Hello , I wound up making another e mail account with just my charge 3 on
account , no other e mail and so far No Problem .
Best Answer
0 Votes
Intreaging that they are now looking at a problem which has exoisrted for well over 2 years. The Charge 3 fails on all sorts of measures - monitoring sleep, stairs and activity and fails to sync without continual resetting.
Best Answer

I also have troubles syncing my Samsung Galaxy S7 with my fitbit charge 3. Had a charge 2 before and the sync was much better. Every week I had to restart my fibit and phone to solve the syncing issues. After 7 months my fitbit Charge 3 gave up! The screen was going nuts (on and off,  and vibrated every 10 seconds. I send it back and luckily the company I bought it from contacted me that it could not be fixed and I got a whole refund. I hoped the problem was only with my charge 3 and I could by a new one and have a better experience, but as I read the messages in this thread.....mmmm, now I am wondering if fitbit charge 4 is any better. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How were you able to get the C# to sync with the new account? I tried that as well. I can't even do a hard reset of the C# because when I hold the button to do the reset it immediately clicks over to Fitbit Pay.

Best Answer
0 Votes

after a long time of sync issues
The stair count also became inaccurate.
After email support, the Fitbit was replaced with a new charge 3
Regards
Eric

Thank you in advance,

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes
Same number , just made Yahoo account
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem with my FBC3... did you ever get it rectified?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes - I called Fitbit Customer support and after several minutes and trying a few things I was sent a new Fitbit Charge 3 free of charge!  I am most satisfied.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had 6 or seven replacements,  every one went the same way, paired and worked initally then the same problem came back. Hope yours is ok but I wouldn't hold my breath. 

Best Answer

I finally got a refund.

Best Answer
0 Votes