Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 won't sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Had problems syncing so followed advice to delete device from phone's Bluetooth. Now it won't pair at all. Phone (Motorola G5s plus) recognizes my Fitbit Charge 3 but then doesn't connect. Tried switching phone off and on. Also cleared cache for Bluetooth app. Ideas?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

Hi @Rut61 if you only deleted the device from Bluetooth you should be good to try a sync. A user should not be able to pair the tracker to the phones Bluetooth. 

Any attempt to pair the tracker to your phones Bluetooth should be rejected by the tracker. 

For sync issues, see these steps

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community, @Rut61 and @Rich_Laue, thanks for the input.

I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this syncing issue. I was able to see here that our friend @Rich_Laue provided some instructions in order to fix this problem. Was this the answer you were looking for? If it was, I recommend marking the answer given as the best answer. By doing this, other users with the same inquiry will be able to find a faster response.

Now, if your inquiry/issue wasn’t resolved, let me know and I will be glad to help you out.

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue and it used to show "charge 3" in my list of paired devices on my phone. I couldn't get it to sync so I have read every possible thing I can find on these forums and I've tried looking elsewhere on the internet with nothing but horse of wasted time. It's getting pretty frustrating. I unpaired it, turned my Bluetooth off, then turned the Bluetooth back on, since it wasn't showing up I hit "search for nearby devices" and it wouldn't even come up as a device I can see. So then I force stop it  and then went back into it but that made no difference.  So  after multiple hours scouring the internet  and trying to pair it multiple times it was coming up as a nearby device but when I clicked it for to pair it just wouldn't. So I'm just confused why it used to pair with Bluetooth but now it doesn't? So far I have just been very upset and let down by my experience with Fitbit.

Best Answer

My devices synced ok this am 7.32ish

not been able to sync since

rebooted device 

re- paired still no joy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had the Charge 3 since March and I've had to remove and re pair it to the fitbit app 3 times because it wouldn't sync.  I'm now doing that again after following every known possible cause both on these forums and on the wider internet and now it can see the fitbit, I enter the code in the app and then it basically processes for ages before failing to add it to my devices.

I've never had this problem with the other models I have had and I'll be honest it's getting ridiculous, I've stopped even trying to sync for weeks and because it rarely works.  As a happy customer going right back to your first device, this is very disappointing 😞

If you can help get it working without basically giving me the link to your other articles on the site then great, if that's the only help you can offer then it won't help as I've followed those many times.

Best Answer

I'm having the exact same issue, and I have no idea why. Hasn't synced for 3 days and now the app isn't even showing steps.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m “suddenly “ ok

???

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just did the customer support chat, the guy said that my device had been disconnected. So I just did the "set up a new device" and waited a while, and it finally synced! Try that if you haven't!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Restore it to factory settings and pair again, I lost a month of data but it is now working fine. Not in any of the troubleshooting info I have been looking at for the last month, but it worked. On your fitbit 3 go to Settings- About- Clear user data.

I tried everything and only this has finally worked. 🤙

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi - I feel your pain!  My tracker stopped charging this weekend and I spent a couple of days going through every forum chat, every combination of restarting phone/bluetooth/tracker, removing and reinstalling the app, liaising with a moderator and nothing worked.  I then spotted one user who commented that customer support had advised them to delete the tracker from the app and pair it up as a new device - I did this and it has since worked perfectly - only a bit of data lost that hadn't been synced.  After deleting the tracker from the app, I also deleted the cache and storage from the Fitbit app before deleting the app and rebooting the tracker then restarted my phone before reinstalling the app and pairing the tracker as a new devlce - I'm not sure all these steps were necessary but I wanted to install on a 'clean' phone.  Next time anything goes wrong with my Charge 3 (and it will for sure), this will be the first thing I try rather than all the messing about.

Best Answer
0 Votes