Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 won’t turn on

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Charge 3 got it last night was working fine all day and I looked down at my wrist it was black so I figured it was just dead ...plug it in and it won’t vibrate turn on or show me any sign that it’s charging ?!

Best Answer
199 REPLIES 199

I put mine on charge and held down the side button for ten seconds and it came back on eventually when charged over night.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine won’t even charge when I put it on charge. It’s like there’s no life in it anymore!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same problem, how do I go about exchanging the product? I haven’t even had mine for a week and already having problems. 

Best Answer

My charge 3 has also stopped working today, it worked fine for about 5 days. This is very disappointing.

Best Answer

Honestly, this response simply doesn't work. It's dead.  No way to reset or restart what-so-ever.  Stop giving people the same canned response again and again and again when you know your product is DEFECTIVE.  Just admit what we all already know.

Best Answer
Say it louder for the people in the back!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too Clearly a design problem. 

Best Answer

Hi everyone! I'm sorry to hear about the experience that you guys have experienced with your Charge 3 since they're not taking a charge. I want to follow up on this and would like to know if you have tried the workaround that shared Marre in her post. In addition, please try charging your trackers on the other USB ports of your computers.

If the issue persists, let me know and I'll be happy to proceed accordingly! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

Following Marre's steps for restart, things break down at #3 for me: no matter how I position the charger, no vibration or lights.  Holding the "button" has no effect.

My issue is similar to others', minus the green light.  I received my fitbit today, saw lights on the screen (including happy face) as I was setting up, and was able to connect to my computer and update.  It was working for about 20 minutes, continuously charging.  I moved to a different plug, and since have no response.  The app will not connect to fitbit over bluetooth any longer, I do not have the blinking green light, no other lights or indications.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@em407 Thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Charge 3 is not turning on even though you have restarted it as recommended previously. I want to follow up on your case and would like to know if the issue persists or if your Charge 3 could get charged and turned on.

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi my charge works fine now I managed to shut it down and recharge it and it’s been great since. Thank you

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MrsB2504 I'm so glad to hear that your Charge 3 is working properly now. Thank you for posting the update here.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
I let the battery run down and fully recharged my new FitBit. It lasted 5 hours before becoming unresponsive again. I will be returning it. I am not happy with this at all.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I received mine through my Human GO365 rewards, who do I contact about it not working? It won't even respond to a charge and it is aligned properly. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have my charge 3 for about a month...worked fine till yesterday, put it on went to work and noticed it was blank. Charged it and still nothing, tried to restart it, and it stays black...what do I do from here.  

@Knightmare wrote:

I have this exact problem. I tried plugging it in, and it won't even vibrate. The screen just stays black when it's plugged in. Tried to leave it plugged in for an hour so see if it might turn back on and all that happened was it got hot. There is no indication that it's charging at all, so I cannot reset it. I would call your support line but they're not open now. 

Best Answer

My fitbit charge 3 didn’t work at all..

am in kingdom of Bahrain and its not easy to return it back..

I need a solution 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Contact Humana Go365 you will probably have tonreturn it through them

Best Answer
0 Votes

I only have had my Charge 3 for three days!!!!!   The stupid thing is going frowny face and I have gone through these steps numerous times and no luck.  Fitbit...I am soo freaking disappointed in your product, I feel that I need to blast your rushed-to-market Charge 3 in social media until my fingers fall off.  How can this thing possibly be so bad?  If there is a moderator from Fitbit reading this, I want a new Charge 3 that you wear for a week and experience this issue yourself until you find one that does not do this.  Then send it to me.  When will you update the firmware to fix this issue once and for all.  Clearly this is a major issue.  Contact me ASAP and tell me how I get my new Charge 3 and also what you will do to stop me from blasting this all over social media.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Apparently, you really need to check twice when you charge your fitbit, that was my problem, it wasn't charged fully, once I charged it, I downloaded the firmware and it's been fine

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have charged mine it did go off a 2nd time around 27%.  Plug it into the charge and put it on charge. While on charge press and hold the button on the side for 15 seconds. Then take it off the charge and then put it back on charge and you should get a smiley face showing it is working again. This is the worst firbit i have had. 

Best Answer