Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 Black screen

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge 4s screen went totally black today. I've tried all the steps suggested in other posts...restart, unbind and reconnect to the app, change the clock face, but to now avail. There is a vibration when I try to press the buttons and the green sensor light is on. The app also says it's fully charged although now its not connected to the app and can't reconnect due to not being able to see the numbers on the screen!!

Any suggestions??

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, welcome to the Fitbit Community forums, @Webbstar.

Thank you for sharing that you've been experiencing this inconvenience with your Charge 4 device and that you already tried a few troubleshooting steps. 

Since you already tried the restart procedure you mentioned earlier and you continue to experience the same problem, I recommend that you get in touch with the Customer Support team for further assistance. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.  

Have a great day. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Hi, welcome to the Fitbit Community forums, @Webbstar.

Thank you for sharing that you've been experiencing this inconvenience with your Charge 4 device and that you already tried a few troubleshooting steps. 

Since you already tried the restart procedure you mentioned earlier and you continue to experience the same problem, I recommend that you get in touch with the Customer Support team for further assistance. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.  

Have a great day. 

Best Answer

How old is it? Mine did the same thing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine did this today. I noticed in my app it hasn’t registered in a week but up till yesterday I had the clock face. There no green light, nothing on the screen, no vibration, nothing happens when I charge it and won’t sync. I haven’t had it that long. Maybe a month? Idk what to even try anymore. I’ve tried everything!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Its 8 months old. I contacted Fitbit support via chat and they were able to sort it for me.

--------------------------------------------

I'd contact fitbit support via chat. It was really quick and they were able to sort it for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thankyou for your reply, @banditz, and welcome to the Community forums, @Ahnalyse

I'd recommend that you try to complete the restart procedure, as this has been useful for other users experiencing something similar. However, if you continue to experience the same inconvenience with the display not responding, the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected. 

That's great news, @Webbstar! Thank you for sharing this update. 

Have a great day.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had similar problems exacerbated by the fact that I was in a lighted area which made the screen very difficult to see. I discovered that I must have triggered the DoNotDisturb (DNS) function whilst swiping the watch face. It was with considerable difficulty - by using restart and touching the dns logo when it appeared for a few seconds - that the Fitbit function was restored. Not an easy experience!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community forums, @odude

Thank you for sharing this update and for confirming that the display was been restored after you disabled the Do Not Disturb Mode. 

Please know that all your comments and feedback are greatly appreciated. 

Se you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This happened today when I had a Fitbit update.  Contacted Fitbit customer support and all they did was send me a 35% coupon for a new device.  So much for troubleshooting and that discount isn't enough since their update caused the issue and I have multiple chargers and bands that are useless now too. So frustrating 

Best Answer

@mmulik Thank you for sharing that you've been having a similar problem with your Charge 5 and that you already got in touch with the Customer Support team. 

I'm sorry to see that it wasn't possible to resolve the problem with the display. It is particularly difficult when the device is no longer covered by the warranty, but even tough Support is eager to help with any problem you may experience with the product, they do need to adhere to the official warranty policy, this would start counting from the original date of purchase.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding the quality; comments from users are always useful to continue to improving the quality of products and services. 

Best Answer
0 Votes