Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 band holder broke off

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was taking my Fitbit Charge 4 off one day and the Band Holder broke off. I don't know if it is even possible to fix. I only have two pieces and after watching YouTube my spring is gone. One of the screw holes has a screw in it. How am I to fix this. My Fitbit was purchased in April 2020 and the website says there is no warranty when I tried to file a claim. Now I am back to my Fitbit Charge 2 which seems to be build better than the 4.

Can anyone help me?  

Moderator edit: format.

Best Answer
193 REPLIES 193

Mine is still under warranty, I assume that's why. They offered me that the first time but I decided to just get the charge 4 replacement for free. That was a mistake. Hopefully $70 for the charge 5 is a good choice. 

Best Answer

The plastic nub that sticks out from the charge 4  (and into which the band attaches) has broken, making the device unwearable.

It's not the band itself, it's wide, black plastic nub that slips into the removable watch band that has broken.

Any idea how to repair this piece ??

I already contacted the Fitbit Support but since i am out of warranty on Nov 2021, they can't replace my Charge 4

Best Answer

Hi everyone, and welcome to the new users in the Community forums. 

Thank you for all the information provided about the inconvenience you been having with your Charge 4.

From the information you provided earlier, it seems that most users have already contacted the Support team for further assistance. If you haven't done so already, I recommend that you continue the communication with the Customer Support team so they can let you know how to proceed or what options are available for you. You can get in touch with them here

Thank you for taking the time to share all your feedback about this as well, all your comments regarding this inconvenience are greatly appreciated. 

See you around. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

i just got this and it has come off my wrist 4 times. twice i was working and did slightly bump it but twice it was under a loose long sleeve t shirt and it somehow popped loose from the watch face. my friends iwatch has never done that. how can i fix this please i cant afford to lose it

Best Answer
0 Votes

hello Fitbit moderator,

I got the charge 4 in 09/2020 and my band holder has broken off where I can see the little screws are still in there. It just popped off while I was walking.  How can I get this fixed/replaced?

Best Answer

This happened to me also, so I took it back to the place I purchased it. Yes it was under warranty.  I had no problems getting it replaced.  I was told that this has bee happening to many Charge 4 users so it is a common problem.  Not sure if it's a poor design or is related to the glue being used.  Previously had a Charge 3 no problems.

Best Answer

Thank you for your replies, and welcome to the new users in the Community, @SunsetRunner @manamac14 @LeeMan888

I appreciate the information you've provided about the inconvenience with your Charge 4. 

If you haven't done so already, I do recommend that you get in touch with the Customer Support team so they can let you know how to proceed or what options are available for you. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected. 

Thank for all your comments and feedback provided. 

Have a good day.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

The exact thing happened to my Fitbit Charge 4. How do I go about having it replaced or repaired?  I feel lost without my Fitbit!!

Best Answer

Hey there

I contacted FitBit support and go through what happened.  Pictures of your charge 4 would help.  They were really helpful and understood my problem.  Sent me a new charge 4 promptly.

Good luck

Best Answer
0 Votes

And there goes another Charge 4, sitting here collecting the pieces of a broken wrist band holder. 
Should have warranty left so I cross my fingers the support can assist me. 

Best Answer

Hi there, if you have warranty left and the receipt, could you not just take i back to the place you bought it and they should replace especially if you have warranty ?

I always scan my receipts for exactly this reason.  It's a bit of work but worth it!

Goof luck

Best Answer
0 Votes

Best Buy only has a 90-day return policy. Fitbit has the year return policy and I've gotten two Replacements but they all keep breaking

Best Answer
Thanks. I did as you suggested and they sent me a replacement also. No
bands, just the watch part. But that is fine because it was the only thing
broken. From the way they responded, it seems this must have happened a lot
with that particular model. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.
Best Answer

It's a known issue with the 4. I hope the new one doesn't break but if it does don't hesitate to contact them again, you have a year warranty 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Leannek18  Fitbit has a one year warranty in the US, but their refund policy is 45 days if bought directly from them. If the device is replaced, you only have the remaining time of the original warranty - not a full new time period of warranty.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

yes, i know, the warranty is 1 year from purchase. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, and welcome to the new users in the Fitbit Community forums. 

Thank you for all your comments and for sharing your feedback about this problem. 

@Kklemmon I've been informed that you already contacted the Customer Support team for further assistance with this. In this case, they will let you know how to proceed. 

@LeeMan888 @GregKing It's good to know that you already got in touch with the Support team as well and that they've sent you a replacement. Thank you for sharing your experience. 

@Bonafide5 If you haven't done so already, I recommend that you contact out Support team for further assistance with this. Click here to get connected. 

See you around. 

Best Answer

This just happened to me as well although in my sleep. So the little spring that does its job is gone. I contacted customer support and they said they would send an email but I have yet to receive it wich is fine im cool with waiting if theres a list of a lot of problems at once.

Best Answer

Hi, welcome to the Fitbit Community forums, @Devtheshrimp05

I appreciate all the information that you've shared about this inconvenience with your Charge 4 and for confirming that you already contacted the Customer Support team for further assistance with this. 

I've proceeded to send your information to the Support team as well so they can get in touch with you as soon as possible. Please keep in eye on your inbox.  

I'll be around. 

Best Answer

Hello, 

I too have a Fitbit charge 4  and my band holder broke off the other day. Almost lost it altogether. Super disappointed. It's seems like this is a known issue reading all these posts about the same issue. Has there been any resolution to this issue? Loved my Fitbit charge 4, but definitely won't be purchasing another if it's bound to have the same issue.

Thanks,

Amy 

Best Answer
0 Votes