Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 blank screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi.

I've a problem with my Charge 4 having a black screen. I've tried lots of things already suggested: charging, resetting, cleaning etc. Maybe I should have tried draining the battery first to see if that helped but thought that resetting from scratch might work best. So, deleted and reloaded the app etc. But when it comes to pairing to my Motorola android via Bluetooth I need to input the code that comes up on my Fitbit screen into the app.... but I can't see the code because the screen is black!?

Very frustrated! Please help! Thank you!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

There are a few of us frustrated by this situation. It seems to have happened to both Charge 3s and Charge 4s. For some reason not everyone is having this issue but those who are cannot find a solution. I am going to contact support again soon since I have tried all of the required first steps and I still have a black screen. It had been dimming for a day before it went black. I know it is not a battery issue, how could all of our batteries be malfunctioning at the same time in the same way? 

Best Answer

Hi! So I had the same issue on my charge 4. Are you getting a smiley face after your reset and then it still goes black? Mine would also vibrate any time I pushed the touch button on the side but wouldn’t do anything else and the screen was still black. I tried to reset it about 10 times. I fixed it this morning and that was because I had dirt in the altimeter hole. It’s on the charge 4 on the left side. If you take a safety pin, carefully try to remove anything in that hole, and your Fitbit should come back! Hope it works! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the community forums @L-MB. It's good to see you participating in the forums @Casstranquility @JohnMamho 

Thank you for providing all these details about this situation with Charge 4 and for trying to fix it on your own. Sorry to know the inconvenience.

Thanks @JohnM for taking the time to share how you manage to resolve it. 

I'd recommend charging the device. If there is some difficulty to do it, please follow the tips listed here.

In addition, try to sync the tracker with the Fitbit app. If you can't sync for any reason, please see the steps listed here: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

If the tracker is still having difficulties with the screen, please change the clock face as indicated here

Best Answer

I spent a few hours going through the same routine with customer service when I first bought mine. I had been very happy with my previous Fitbit. They finally replaced the unit and it’s never worked properly. Impossible to see screen, doesn’t sync, and it’s so dark I can’t even see where the brightness setting is. Mine on “auto” is black and there’s no way to actually adjust the brightness. I don’t want a giant face, I don’t want to answer the phone or text with it, I want to keep track of sleep and movement and I think this model is plagued by glitches and my experience with customer support is that the assumption is that the customer is wrong. I think this forum suggests otherwise. Very frustrated.

Best Answer