Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 screen brightness is dim

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can’t read information due to poor display britches management; likely a Fibtbit failure, not a parameter setting issue. Any similar findings across the community?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Just curious how you can tell it is "poor display britches management" (whatever that is), rather than a parameter setting.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't even see my display I now it is on as I can see on my phone re battery level apart from that nothing.  I tried following the work around to re-set while it was charging and that didn't work either!!!

Exactly...soooo frustrating

Best Answer

Hello.

In fact when I eventually managed to have the brigthness ok, whatever the setting  I did ((even automated mode) it did not improve ; I observed this default some weeks back and it became worst almost every day down to the point I can't read anything ; if located in a dark room I can sometime hardly guess what the display is about ...

I believe we are both in the same situation!!!

Best Answer

Fitbit works perfectly. Can’t see screen at all though 😂🤦🏽‍:female_sign: tried work around nothing!

Best Answer

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

@PMO39 and @PinkGuinness Thanks for letting us know about your Charge 4 and the steps tried on your own. I understand how you're feeling and so we can make sure the possible troubleshooting was performed, please confirm if you've tried the following:

@gemgimgim Thanks for joining this thread. I noticed that you've got in touch with our Support team. Your case is in good hands and I'm sure they'll provide you with assistance, so please keep an open communication with them.

Best Answer
Morning,

I have tried but was unable to restart while charging. I have tried all
the other suggestions.

Pink Guinnesd
Best Answer

Hi there, @PinkGuinness.

Thanks for getting back and confirming that you've exhausted the steps mentioned above. Given this situation, I've requested a case on your behalf so you can receive further assistance. You'll receive an email from our Support team, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Best Answer

I tried all of that and it is still too dim to read. It is fully charged. Brightness at normal (that's the highest it will go). Sleep mode is off. Changed the clock face. It seems more like a product defect than any else. It's a crappy watch that can only be read in a pitch black room. I am done wasting money on fitbits. 😞

Best Answer

Fully aligned with this Charge 4 behavior as described in this post. Thanks for depicting perfectly what I am facing on my side. 👍

Best Answer

I understand how you're feeling and in case you haven't done so, please open the Settings app on your Charge 4, tap Brightness and try adjusting the brightness level. Additionally, press and hold the button, swipe left to access the quick settings screen and make sure the Sleep Mode is turned off.

Regards,

Will

Best Answer

Hi there, @PMO39 and @willjoe@sleighp Welcome on board.

@sleighp and @PMO39 I'm sorry for this inconvenience and thanks for the time taken while troubleshooting your trackers. Given this situation, I've requested a case on your behalf so our Support team can look into this. They'll send you an email with more instructions, please keep an eye on your inbox and open communication with them.

@willjoe Thanks for your great help!

Best Answer
0 Votes