Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 screen not responding to taps

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I first got my Charge 4 a few weeks ago it responded exactly the same as my previous Charge 3. So when I turned my wrist it would illuminate, on the few occasions where it didn't if I tapped the screen it would. Now it will only do so if I squeeze the side button. Once it's illuminated it responds as normal though.

I've tried to restart my device but it hasn't made any difference.

Everything else works fine it's just a pain that it's not illuminating as before

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

Welcome, @SteveJ36. It's good to see a new face around.

Thanks for your efforts while troubleshooting your Charge 4. I'm glad the solution shared in this thread worked for you and I hope you can keep crushing your goals with your tracker. By the way, let me invite you to check our Health & Wellness board where you can share your stories, meet more people and start your own topics.

Happy holidays! 🎄

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here.  The Fitbit charge 4 display started off ok, then has steadily dimmed.  Sometimes it’s because the brightness has accidentally turned down, but it’s now completely black so it’s impossible to see the screen to reset it, or to see if ‘sleep mode’ or ‘dim’ has been set.  The lack of a  proper button on the left hand side has meant that accidental changes to settings have become frequent, at least for me.

I’ve tried rebooting but it’d made no difference.  There’s clearly an issue with the display on the charge 4.  Online comments support that it’s largely useless in daylight and many of us are having difficulties.  I’ve had various fitbits since 2016 so am not a new user.  Very disappointed in this iteration 

Best Answer

Thanks! That worked!

Best Answer

Hi there, @Ferny and @koliphant1.

@Ferny Thanks for letting me know about your Charge 4 and the steps tried on your own. This isn't a type of experience that we want you to have and I'm sorry for this inconvenience. Because the issue persists, try getting in touch with our Support team. They have specialized tools that will allow them to evaluate your tracker's behavior and provide you with assistance. Please click here to get connected with them via chat or phone.

@koliphant1 Thanks for trying the suggestions in this thread. I'm glad your Charge 4 is working now and I hope you can keep crushing your goals!

Best Answer
0 Votes