Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 screen stop working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

About 2 weeks ago, I started noticing my Charge 4 screen was hard to read. I adjusted the brightness settings but it didn’t help. I restarted it and cleaned the screen. It progressively got darker over the next week. Now it’s so dark I can’t read anything to try to factory reset. 

I did manage yesterday to get enough of a view of the screen standing in a pitch black room to do a factory reset and there was no improvement. 

The issue started after the latest 4.09 firmware update was applied. Many others have been commenting of the same problem in other threads. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

I contacted customer service and after repeatedly telling them that I had done all the suggested troubleshooting steps, and that numerous people were experiencing the same issue right now, they came back with the comment that it was out of warranty and I would have to look at a new model.

I told them that with the number of similar issues, there was no chance it was hardware related and that it had to have something to do with firmware. I refuse to buy another Fitbit if they won’t fix the issues they cause or respond to their customers. I was then informed that a new app update was rolling out, beginning Feb 5 and should be available to everyone by Feb 14. Hopefully that will help but if not, will definitely be looking at a different brand after this. 

Best Answer

I had a similar issue at end of Dec, and did the resets a couple of times, changed the clock face, but no screen showed. Data however was still being captured and sent to the app so kept wearing it. Then after a couple of weeks, the battery went totally flat which had not been the case before. So put it on to recharge again fully. And voila! The screen returned! Got the reset happy face again and the haptics and off and running again.  So if the update doesn’t help, try to run the battery totally down to 0, then recharge and fingers crossed it works for you too…

Best Answer