Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 stopped syncing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My charge 4 stopped syncing four days ago.  I have had this problem before and all I did was unpaired and re-paired. This time it won't pair back to my phone. My phone finds the device through my Bluetooth but can't/won't go any further then that. 

Moderator edit: format and label. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @LunaL219. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Charge 4 before reaching out. 

In addition to the steps you've done, please try the following in the order listed:

• Unpair your Charge 4 from your phone's Bluetooth and Fitbit app.
  • Unpair other Bluetooth devices that you may also have paired to your phone's Bluetooth settings.
  • Force quit the Fitbit app.
  • Turn off other Bluetooth connections when not in use. This can help to prevent connectivity issues or Bluetooth interference.
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes.
  • Turn on the Bluetooth on your phone.
  • Plug it into the charging cable and open the Fitbit app.
  • Set up your Charge 4.
  • If there is no connection, restart your Charge 4.
  • Once your Charge 4 is paired and syncing, please proceed to set up your other Bluetooth devices to your phone again. 

With the steps above, what I want you to do is to pair your Charge 4 first to your phone's Bluetooth settings before any other Bluetooth device is connected to your phone. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi there, @LunaL219. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Charge 4 before reaching out. 

In addition to the steps you've done, please try the following in the order listed:

• Unpair your Charge 4 from your phone's Bluetooth and Fitbit app.
  • Unpair other Bluetooth devices that you may also have paired to your phone's Bluetooth settings.
  • Force quit the Fitbit app.
  • Turn off other Bluetooth connections when not in use. This can help to prevent connectivity issues or Bluetooth interference.
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes.
  • Turn on the Bluetooth on your phone.
  • Plug it into the charging cable and open the Fitbit app.
  • Set up your Charge 4.
  • If there is no connection, restart your Charge 4.
  • Once your Charge 4 is paired and syncing, please proceed to set up your other Bluetooth devices to your phone again. 

With the steps above, what I want you to do is to pair your Charge 4 first to your phone's Bluetooth settings before any other Bluetooth device is connected to your phone. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I did all of that. I now get to the code part and then I get stuck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

On your phone, go to Settings. Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on. Open the Fitbit app and try to sync your device. If your device doesn't sync, restart it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue with two of my Charge 4’s. I did all the same troubleshooting above but both only get as far as putting in the code and then nothing happens. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit sync errors are usually related to the fitness tracker becoming disassociated with the smartphone, tablet, computer, or iPod touch it was initially connected to. This can be caused by connecting to too many devices at once, the Bluetooth not working properly, or a minor glitch in the Fitbit's operating system

Regards,

Diana

Best Answer
0 Votes