Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge HR Challenges - Not syncing my steps or miles correctly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am SO frustrated. I am involved in weekly challenges. However, as of late, I am getting rather discouraged, because my Charge HR is not recording my steps correctly, when I use a treadmill (without holding onto the handle bars).

This morning, I walked 3 miles, at 4 M.P.H. I was on the treadmill for 46 minutes. When I finished, my Charge HR indicated I only walked ~4,000 steps, and went 1.92 miles.

Then, I went for a 5 mile walk  (81 minutes). This time, I used my MapMyWalk app, to ensure accurate step count and mileage. MapMyWalk counted 12,053 steps and 5.11 miles. As well, I have walked around stores and gone up 10 flights of stairs. So, at the VERY least, my total step count, right now, should reflect ~16,000 steps. And, my total miles should be no less than 8 miles. However, the FitBit app dashboard, indicates that I have only done a total of 12,950 steps thus far and I have only walked 5.48 miles. That is WAY off! 

"Houston. We have a problem."

What is being done to resolve this issue? I paid quite a bit of money for both my husband and I to stay fit and be inspired to stay healthy, while joing challenges. I am cool with losing. However, I am very annoyed when I put in the work and there is no record of my accomplishment.

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

@OnlyGoodThought Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I will recommend to perform a restart on your tracker first. That will fix any inaccuracies. Also, check the dominant hand setting for improved accuracy. Also, remember that only the steps tracked by your tracker without logging activities will count towards challenges.

As another tip, adjusting your stride length is a great way to improve accuracy overall!

Try that out and let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Today's Issue: I went on a 5-mile walk today, and had the same bad exerpience. I contacted FitBit Customer Support. However, they wanted to have me "troubleshoot", for the 3rd time, in less than a week (e.g., reset the HR, re-sync it with my laptop). I was beyond exasperated.

Problem Resolved: I remembered I bought the HR through BestBuy, with a 2-year warranty. I walked in the store, explained the situation, and within 7 minutes, I walked out of the store with a brand new HR.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SantiR - Thank you for the recommendations. I actually incorporated all that you said, last week, as well as other adjustments, as a result of speaking with 2 other FitBit customer reps; however, the outcome was not favorable. It actually appeared as if the HR was dying. In the end, I got the resolution I was entitled to receive, a replacement from BestBuy. As a manager of an international customer service department myself, I would not have allowed a customer to contact my department 3 times, without them being made whole (e.g. completely resolving their issue, or replacing the unit, all together). 

It is my sincere hope that my words resonate and are incorporated into your customer service Corrective Action process.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@OnlyGoodThought Thanks so much for your feedback! Those are really good recommendations. I'm really glad to hear that at the end, you got a replacement! Make sure to follow the replacement set up steps for you to not loose any of your previous information.

Keep up the super stepping! Smiley Very Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Why does mileage accrued in an activity not count towards the total mileage shown?

Best Answer
0 Votes