Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge HR Stuck on Update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi! I've tried at least a dozen times to finish updating my fit bit with the help of previous community posts etc. I've decided to just restart my fit bit charge HR and erase everything completely but it will not allow me to reset, the screen is stuck updating and it's been that way for the past several days. Any tips or advice???

Best Answer
0 Votes
34 REPLIES 34

im having the same problem as the others tried both restarts neither worked

Best Answer
0 Votes

same here

Best Answer
0 Votes

@pjc14 wrote:

im having the same problem as the others tried both restarts neither worked

This has worked for some of us. 

Forget your device video
https://www.imore.com/how-to-fix-bluetooth-iphone-ipad

why can't I update my device

Also, more good info

Syncing Article
https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1866/?l=en_US&fs=RelatedArticle

Community Council Member

ALAN | VAN,B.C. Canada Community Council Member

Versa, Charge, Charge HR, Ionic, Ace, Aria 2 scale, Flyer headphones - iOS

Click here Fitbit help for more solutions

>Contact
Best Answer

Ok thanks I’ll have to try another ios device I do not get the info button to forget this Device when paired to to Bluetooth. pjc14@psu.edu

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue.  I have tried all of the above over the past 7 weeks and every time I attempt it gets stuck.  I have also had issues with it syncing for the past week.

Best Answer
0 Votes

These workarounds do not work at least not for Android my Fitbit isn't showing in my Bluetooth devices so I can't remove this block. Watch is completely stuck from the initial setup I feel so jipped on my Fitbit purchase. Why is there no fix for this in 2018 if the watch has been out 2 years

Best Answer

ChargeHR is stuck on update tried the Bluetooth setting didn't work at all .This procedure shouldn't make it stop halfway.This watch is expensive not sure if I want another one .

Best Answer

I don't know that I want another one either. I might go Garmin instead

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Breezy_Baybe_NC wrote:

These workarounds do not work at least not for Android my Fitbit isn't showing in my Bluetooth devices so I can't remove this block. Watch is completely stuck from the initial setup I feel so jipped on my Fitbit purchase. Why is there no fix for this in 2018 if the watch has been out 2 years

I have an apple product and all my suggestions are around an apple devive. So sorry

Community Council Member

ALAN | VAN,B.C. Canada Community Council Member

Versa, Charge, Charge HR, Ionic, Ace, Aria 2 scale, Flyer headphones - iOS

Click here Fitbit help for more solutions

>Contact
Best Answer

I did all that they suggested too but nothing worked was fortunate was less than 2years so was still under guarantee .Good luck it is very annoying so sympathise with your situation ! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

what can Fitbit do to keep costomers wanting this watch --I'd like them to keep replacing these watches or fix the issue but in the mean  time were out a watch to track our successes

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi SantiFit,

I have tried the 2 options given by you but it didn't work. Before the firmware update my Fitbit charge battery last for 4.5 days but now it can't live up for a day. Moreover the device connection to Fitbit app on mobile get lost....is there anything else that I should try?

Thanks and regards,

Swami

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fibit HR has been stuck on sync for days! Ive tried all these steps and nothing. I have lost so much info that could have been tracked! Fed up is what i am! Please help. Chrishartman29@hotmail.com

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit has suffered the same fate and nothing has worked. Any other options to try?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been also having this issue. Funny thing was that I experienced this issue with the first fitbit and then contacted Fitbit support and they sent me a replacement. But funny thing was that the replacement ended up experiencing the same issue as well! 

Half bar of death on these fitbits are just so annoying :(. They become useless once in this state so I'm sad to see it's been years and there still isn't a solution to fix the affected model.

Best Answer
0 Votes