Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge HR clock time is slow

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My clock is 7 minutes slow. How do I adjust it to the correct time? I have already restarted it 3 times, by plugging it in to the charger, pressing the button for 10 seconds, waited for V4 to show on the display, then released button, and unplugged from the charger.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity. 

Best Answer
26 REPLIES 26

Hey @beesting63 very welcome to the Community! Let me know if you already have the latest firmware version on your Charge HR. Also, I recommend you to open your online dashboard on Fitbit.com and click on the gear icon (upper right corner), scroll all the way down and make sure you have the correct time zone and if you don't change it. Finally, log out, log back in, restart one more time your Charge HR and set up your tracker as a new Fitbit device.

Please let me know if the issue persist, I'll be around for you! Smiley Wink

Community Moderator Tarin | Community Moderator

If this post was helpful vote for it or accept it as a solution! Remember challenge yourself and become better than yourself. Share your story!

Best Answer

I tried all things mentioned above and my Fitbit is still 5 minutes slow.  Please help.

Best Answer

I'm sorry to hear that @emeryd Smiley Sad. At this point I recommend to contact Customer Support, they will be more than happy to get you back on track.

Keep me posted! 

Community Moderator Tarin | Community Moderator

If this post was helpful vote for it or accept it as a solution! Remember challenge yourself and become better than yourself. Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The time is wrong AGAIN on 3 HR fitbits in my house.  I'm starting to think these fitbits are a scam.  There should not be this much maintenance involved.  I wish I'd never bought these for my kids.  What a disaster. 

Signed,

Unhappy Customer

Best Answer

@emeryd, the time on your Charge HR's is set at the time of the sync process, and is set to the time of the device it is synced to. How often are these trackers synced?   BTW, Fitbit fitness trackers are not recommended for children.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm a 50 year old and we have 2 Charge HR's in our adult home (no kids) and both have times that are off by 22 minutes and 38 minutes. Both have done all the recommended steps too (about a dozen times; tried going online to the APP.... spent hours trying variety of methods) and times are still off. Ridiculous! Will not ever buy this product again.

Best Answer
Thank you I'm glad I'm not the only one. I appreciate you responding. I'm fed up as well.
Best Answer

Mine suddenly started doing it this morning. I managed to sort mine by putting it on charge and then updating all the settings via the computer rather than the phone app. 

Best Answer

My Blaze is running 3 minuets slow. What can I do to correct the time.

thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine just started doing this. I have to keep syncing it to get the time right but it slows down again. Has there been a solution?

Best Answer

Same Thing started happening to my Charge HR. It slows down by 2 min or so everyday, and I have to force sync it  to set the time right even though all day sync is on. Really inconvenient as I almost missed a bus because of the time delay, there's no point to the clock.

Best Answer

I just started seeing this problem this week. It slowly gets further and further off throughout the day unti I sync. I changed the clock face to show the seconds and put it next to my iPad stopwatch. It took about 30 seconds for the Fitbit watch to move 10 seconds. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
When mine had this problem they had to replace it

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had the same problem.  This is a replacement Fitbit HR (last August/Sept) and it started running slow in mid-June.  The only thing that works is to sync with my computer (it is hard to get it to sync with my Android phone), but then it starts happening again after about a day.  My first one stopped working and the band fell apart after about one year.  Something costing this much should work properly for more than a year (I am careful with my things!).

Best Answer
I did several chats with support and they concluded the fitbit needed to be replaced. I agree that it should last more than a year or be replaced by the company. Since mine was 15 months old, all they could offer me was a coupon for 25% off a new one. I bought a Casio watch instead. For $75 I got something that will last at least 10 years. I can’t spend $130 every year and a half just to count my steps and heart rate. I decided my phone can count my steps and I’ll just do without the heart rate. I’d still be happily using Fitbit if they would have replaced mine. Quite disappointing considering a coworker said her sister, on two separate occasions, got sent a free replacement when she lost hers. It wasn’t even broken, she just lost it.
Best Answer
Thanks for the feedback. With my first one, which failed within the first
year, they offered me 50% off a new model, or a full replacement of the same
model, which I chose. I am also considering switching to a different brand!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there

My versa has been running slow for about 2 weeks now. I've been busy with Support for the last 4days and after indulging them with all sort of tests and what not I decided to ask for it to be repaired. They had a different idea and decided to now blame it on my phone... As in 'your phone doesn't support the app so the fitbit isn't connecting and this leads to clock running slow....'

Now,

1 -  I've had the watch for 6 months and it never any problem connecting to my phone so it is supported

2 - IT IS A CLOCK!!! Why would it even need to be connected to the app to run on time??? Does this mean that everyone always has to have their phones on them so that the fitbits actually work?

Best Answer

My blaze is 5 minutes off

Best Answer
0 Votes

How to fix clock time that is five minutes slow

Best Answer
0 Votes