Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge doesn't last a year

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Thank you for your time but I don't want another Fitbit product that doesn't last a year. (It's hard to believe!) My husband had problems with his (2) Fitbits also and has changed to another similar product that not only is cheaper, doesn't need charging as often and is waterproof. You also need to improve the band as I almost lost it a few times due to that. See what they wrote below.

On Aug 10, 2016, at 9:50 PM, "https://contact.fitbit.com" <https://contact.fitbit.com> wrote:

Hi Mary,

Thank you for getting back to us with the details we asked for.

Upon checking our system we can confirm your original Charge was paired on 2015-6-10. Your most recent paired Charge was paired on 2015-9-28.

The warranty is valid from the first paired device.

The tracker is no longer covered by Fitbit's one-year limited warranty. To help keep you in the Fitbit family and working towards your goals, we'd like to give you a 25% discount towards the purchase of another tracker. For more information about our warranty policy, please visit http://www.fitbit.com/returns.

Please reply and let us know if you'd like to receive the discount. If so, you'll receive a separate email with a link you can click any time in the next 30 days to shop fitbit.com. The discount is automatically applied at check out.

We thank you for being a Fitbit customer.

Sincerely,

Moderator edit: content

Moderator edit: clarified subject.

Best Answer
31 REPLIES 31

@WmbrgMary Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Sorry to hear about the negative experience! If you ever consider to get back to Fitbit check the Fitbit Alta and the Fitbit Blaze! Those are the newest trackers out there and they are great with awesome features!

Hope we can see you back very soon! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm in the same boat as Mary.  I've had two fitbits in the last 2 and a half years.  My first one was replaced after it quit working.  Now my second started ticking and had no display anymore.  I tried resetting it a half dozen times.  Since the warranty on my first one is up, the best they could do is 25% off.  I use it as a watch and I walk for my exercise.  That's it.  The product is garbage and their customer service is equally as bad as they don't stand behind their product.  I will not continue to spend $100 every year to have one. There are certainly better options out there.  I will no longer be a Fitbit customer.

Best Answer

Mine started ticking too but Customer Service never told me why. My screen was always blank.

Sent from my iPad

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

@stpeter Welcome to the Fitbit Community! When the tracker is tickling means it is most likely defective. The thing here is that customer support needs to follow the Fitbit warranty. They have to do it. Smiley Sad Check the new trackers and their features on my previous post, with that discount you can get a petty good deal. @WmbrgMary

Hope I can see you back with the Fitbit family again! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I get that they have to follow the warranty.  I've experienced two defective units in just over two years and a 25% discount is not enough to make me want to spend any more money on another one.  I just don't have faith in the products.  They just don't last and there are other options on the market.  

Best Answer

I like the Fitbit and have bought at least 5 or 6. They last from 6 to 12 months then they stop working.

My last one just stopped today. I think I might go with a different brand that will be about a thousand dollars spent on them.

Best Answer

Agreed, the band on charge 2 has a known defect mine didn't last 1 1/4 year. However, no resolution because it is above the 365 day warranty.. a watch band should last a lot longer than this. And I am not will to pay $30/year for a new  band. Ridiculous!! Fitbit will no longer get my $, and I will make sure anyone i know, knows how Fitbit works!

Best Answer

I decided not to get another Fitbit or any other brand for that matter. I
know when I have gotten enough exercise or not. My husband has the Garmin
one and it is still working well, keeps its charge and is waterproof.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

I am on my fourth Fitbit Charge HR. Two that I purchased, two which Fitbit replaced. I love them but sadly the fact that they cannot last one year has made it cost prohibitive. Yes, wonderful customer service, but it’s the product I want satisfaction with. My fourth just had the band completely break off in a way that is not replaceable. So unfortunately it’s goidbye to Fitbit.

Best Answer

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

We really appreciate our members's input and feedback and I would like to thank you for yours. Our team is always looking to improve the Fitbit experience and I appreciate you have shared your experience with us. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences this issue has caused you, please remember that we do not expect manufacturing issues to to affect our trackers but that's why every Fitbit tracker comes a limited product warranty and in case you have inquiries or doubts about what it covers, you can check it on this article: Return Policy & Warranty.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

MarcoGFitbit, 

I called and tried to get a replacement, your customer service was not even concerned it was broke, Didn't care it was a present and was worn after the date purchased, and not worn everyday! Didn't care 

it was literally less than 1 year 3 months old..No help!  

If the band doesn't last more than 2 years, I would call that defective! 

Best Answer

Hello @KCB4, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have come back and let us know the resolution provided by our Support Team. I understand you are not satisfied with it, but please keep in mind that they are the ones who can provide more options so my best recommendation is to contact them back.

I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences this issue has caused, thanks for your patience and understanding. Have a great day. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I got my Charge HR, I immediately loved it.  Within a year, the band started falling apart (rubber pulling away from the plastic part, which eventually rendered the watch unusable) and I was so pleased that Fitbit replaced it for free.  Within the next year, my second Fitbit started doing the same thing, so I contacted Fitbit, and was told they wouldn't replace it but would give me a discount.  When I pointed out that this was poor form since it perhaps would have been good to figure out why your product was failing within a year and not punish the customer, they agreed to replace it again.  They did swear that the company had re-engineered it so it shouldn't fall apart...which it did, within a year.  I figured they wouldn't replace it again and I didn't want to buy a new tracker, so I superglued the rubber to the watch part, and lo and behold, it's holding up better than whatever terrible glue they used.  Seriously...plain old super glue.  I had to repeat this on another section, but so far it seems to be holding up well.  I've had some issues syncing it, but so far these issues seem to self-correct for no rhyme or reason.

All I can say, is than whenever this tracker does kick the bucket, I will not be replacing it with a Fitbit.  It's too much money to know that a) it's will likely die way earlier than other similar products and b) that the company doesn't stand behind their product past a year from the original purchase.  I get having a limit to the warranty, but 1 year is absurd, particularly when a product clearly has a design flaw.  My husband has a refurbished Garmin Vivioactive that has outlasted all three of my Fitbits, can be worn while swimming, and is still in perfect condition.  Something for all of us to think about when our Fitbits inevitably kick the bucket.

Sounds like you're losing a lot of customers Fitbit...

Best Answer

I have a Blaze and the same thing. Doesn't last longer than a year. Warranty doesn't cover it. Wont keep a charge longer than an hour. Been faithful to Fitbit for 6 years. Buying a new one every 13 months. Not worth it! Offered the same 25% offer. I'm done. 

Best Answer

I’ve had the same experience with two Fitbit products. Both stopped working within the first year—about 7-8 months. Apparently, this is common. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's why I have bought my last Fitbit. They always last under a year. I'm already looking at what my next fitness watch will be. But its not going to be Fitbit if you guy's don't do something about the short lifespan. I'm waiting on a replacement now after spending so much time trying to breathe life back into one that's nine months old. They are way over priced for the short lifespan. I'm canceling my premium membership because I'm mad.  I know the replacement Fitbit won't last long either. None of them have.

Best Answer

Good idea. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had a Fitbit Charge HR a few years ago, and it broke down a year later. I got it replaced then that one broke down in a year. I used an Alta for a while then decided to get Charge 3 HR thinking 'What could go wrong?". The Charge 3 lasted only a year last the first Charge HR. I did the same thing as the first one, and got it replaced. The replacement, the one I currently have, started breaking down then I was able to fix it after several restart attempts. A few months ago, a bunch of white lines popped up and scrolling had become a struggle. It started for no reason whatsoever. I wake up one morning and see the lines. I tried restarting over and over again but nothing worked. Right now, I'm stuck with the lines and funky touchscreen. Just waiting on something better and for it to completely break down when my year with it is done. In Conclusion, features and everything are great but barely lasts and app not perfect. Customer Service kinda sucks too.

Best Answer

I bought a fitbit charge 3 december 2018.  the first one broke in about 9 months, wouldnt charge,  the warranty replacement broke in 9 month and fitbit will not replace it.  I would think that a watch should last for more than 9 months.  I will not buy another fitbit product.  crappy product. crappy support and doesn't last for even a reasonable time

Best Answer