Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I replace my Charge 2 for my new Charge 5?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had my Charge 2 for a few years now and I just bought the 5.

Do I need to unpair my 2? Or will the app automatically do whatever it's supposed to do?

*I'd like to keep the 2 "on standby" just in case, but it's not a deal breaker. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@icebox314 , A warm welcome to the Community! Thank you for your message. 

At this time, you can only have 1 Charge model paired to your Fitbit account.  So at the moment that you pair the Charge 5, you'll be asked to remove the Charge 2 from the account. 
If the Charge 2 is still working, you can always pair it back, but the Charge 5 will be removed from the account. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

First do a sync from Charge 2 to make sure all data from there is saved to Fitbit database.

Logged into same Fitbit account you have been using, in phone app from Today screen, tap Profile pic (circle at top left) to get to Account screen.

Then 'Set Up a Device'; choose your new device - Charge 5; it will note you already have a Charge 2 attached and ask if you want to replace it; say yes and follow the prompts and it handles it all for you, unpairing the old and pairing the new.  When you get to pairing new phone, probably want to move Charge 2 and any other bluetooth devices far away to help pairing go smoother.  Then your new data should join old data seamlessly in Fitbit database.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

Hi, @icebox314 , just to clarify, you definitely can have a Charge 2 and a Charge 5 on your Fitbit account.  I know this, because I do!  You cannot have a Charge 3 or 4 on the same account, but Charge 2 is fine.  

Here’s a picture of my account showing both:

Screenshot_20230602-105558.jpeg

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer