Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge2 stopped counting floors

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had the Charge2 since October. Everything was working fine until now. I just realized it is not tracking ANY floors since Sunday. I live on a third floor and take the stairs whenever I can. What can I do about this?

No track record of stepsNo track record of steps

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@pobeeche Since you have already tried the suggested troubleshoots I think it is time to contact our Support Team for further assistance. They are able to review your tracker's information and provide assistance and options for your case and guide you through the process. You can also review the warranty page if you have any questions.

I'll be around!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

@pobeeche, check the small altimeter hole on the back of the tracker that is used to detect changes in atmospheric pressure, to make sure it is not plugged and unable to measure pressure changes. The small hole is on the back of the tracker, on the top edge. If it has become plugged with lint or dirt, it will not be able to measure the changes in height.

Best Answer

@pobeeche Thanks for stopping by! @USAF-Larry is right that if the altimeter is blocked then your tracker won't be able to detect the variances in atmospheric pressure so it won't detect your climbed floors. You can use compressed air at a distance to clear this area and you can also try restarting your tracker by doing the following:

Plug the charging cable to your computer or UL certified wall adapter.
Align the contacts of the tracker with the charging cable and plug it in making sure it snaps securely.
Your tracker should start charging.
Press the button for 10 to 12 seconds.
You should see your tracker's firmware version and you can now unplug your tracker.

Let me know how it goes!

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

Thanks Larry it seems like it wasn't plugged I will try reseting it now to see if it changes

Best Answer
0 Votes

So it wasn't clogged but I cleaned it anyway. I did the restart and it's still not working. Any other suggestions? How does the return policy work?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@pobeeche Since you have already tried the suggested troubleshoots I think it is time to contact our Support Team for further assistance. They are able to review your tracker's information and provide assistance and options for your case and guide you through the process. You can also review the warranty page if you have any questions.

I'll be around!

Best Answer
0 Votes

BTW... now it's over counting floors, I had gone up 6 flights of stairs all together today, I have a count of 179... it's been happening for a while 300+ the other day too
Screen Shot 2017-03-25 at 17.34.40.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had this problem too. I tried everything suggested by this Community but the problem solved itself when I accidentally let the battery run completely flat. I recharged and restarted my Charge 2 and it started counting floors again!  That was some weeks ago and I've had no other problems since then.

Best Answer

Thanks, that’s exactly what was wrong with my Fitbit. A lot of crud in that little hole, but I’ve had this unit for 2-3 years. I do a lot of stairs as well and for 8 weeks it’s said no stairs. Got support online on the web and they basically said to reset the watch. That didn’t work, but this sure did. Thx again.

Best Answer

@jeboza It's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community! Sorry to hear that your Charge 2 wasn't counting stairs and for the delay in my reply. Thank you so much for trying my suggestions and for sharing your experience in the Community. The fact that it worked for you may encourage other members to try the suggestions and possible solve the issue. Hope you reach your fitness goals in not time.

I'll be around!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Disappointing! Nothing I've tried works (all the recommended fixes), and I'm climbing these days - no elevation is being tracked. IMHO, an expensive unit like this should perform better. Mine is quite new. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Happened to me after about a year, stuck a pin in the little hole underneath and it worked for a month.

Ended up going to a Versa, works great.

Sent from me
Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't see a hole on my Fitbit and my steps have not worked in forever

Best Answer
0 Votes

That was in response to people saying that there was an altimeter hole that might be plugged that would keep the steps from counting?

Best Answer
0 Votes