Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charger 3 not tracking anything

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My charger is just a year old. This week it stopped tracking my steps, heart rate and sleep. When I try to sync it reads 0 steps, no sleep and no heart rate reading. When I try to reset it will not turn off. Now it has wrong date and time. The battery charge % is changing too.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @LAB921, thank you for your reply.

I am sorry to hear the issue persists, thank you for your efforts and the additional details. I understand your concern. I've sent your information to the Customer Support team so they can get in touch with you and provide further assistance. You should be getting a reply soon. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @LAB921.

I am sorry to hear your Charge 3 stopped tracking your steps, heart rate and sleepThanks for trying to resolve this, I appreciate the additional details and I am here to help. I recommend trying the following:

1. Make sure your tracker is syncing and confirm the step to restart the device: How do I restart my Fitbit device?
  2. Change a clock face: How do I change the clock face on my Fitbit device?
  3. Long restart:  
  • Connect the device to the charging cable.
  • While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds.
  • The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration
  • The device turns off.
  • The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur.
  • Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  • Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.

If the tracker is still showing the wrong time and date after syncing, please try the additional troubleshooting steps here

For additional heart-rate tracking troubleshooting steps, see our help article What factors can affect my heart-rate reading on my Fitbit device? You can find more information about tracking sleep at How do I track my sleep with my Fitbit device?

Let me know how it goes, I'll be around. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

None of this is working. It does not power down and there are no vibrations when I follow the instruction. It does take the clock to a different time and the date to 12/31 but that’s it. Once I sync is back with my phone the time and date are corrected but still not tracking anything. Can I send some place? I pave had it a year and I refuse to buy another one just so it can do this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @LAB921, thank you for your reply.

I am sorry to hear the issue persists, thank you for your efforts and the additional details. I understand your concern. I've sent your information to the Customer Support team so they can get in touch with you and provide further assistance. You should be getting a reply soon. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm kind of late to this but mine is doing the same thing. Were y'all able to fix the problem? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Yali94.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're experiencing the same issue with your device. I would like to confirm if you've tried the instructions provided in this post?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, even later than @Yali94 ,but the same question. I have done every version of refresh, restart, unlink and relink and I still get 0 steps, no heart rate, etc. Any advice beyond restarting?

Best Answer
0 Votes