Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficulties with my Charge HR and Charge 2.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I made a number of posts regarding the problems I was having with my Charge HR and Charge 2. These postings described Fitbit's failure to honor their warranty regarding defective charge ports and defective wristbands. I carefully documented Fitbit's failure to honor their warranty for these two devices.  Have others had similar experiences?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Fitbit honored their warranty and replaced the defective product. 😀

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Can you explain a little more? I know my Fitbit Charge 2 is out of warranty, because the warranty is only for one year. Are you saying that your devices are brand new, they are faulty in some way, and Fitbit will not honor that one year warranty?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit Charge HR power connector failed during the one-year warranty. Fitbit said they would replace it and never did. I purchased a Charge 2 to replace the Charge HR. The wrist strap on the Charge 2 failed during the one-year warranty period. Again, Fitbit said they would replace the wrist band. Again, Fitbit failed to follow through. I retained copies of the relevant correspondence.  I hope this helps you to understand my situation better.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DrGeneNelson @WickedandSweaty Welcome and thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community.

@DrGeneNelson I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you experienced with your Fitbit Charge HR and Fitbit Charge 2. 

I just contacted Customer Support about your case, and was informed that back in May they requested for a shipping address to send your replacements but they never received a response.

I forwarded your recent comments to evaluate your situation. Please check your inbox during the next days. They will let you know how to proceed as soon as possible.

If you have any question, please don't hesitate to contact us back at any time.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your interest. The "We don't have your shipping address" was the exact same reason Customer Support gave me previously, despite me providing this information to Customer Support several times prior to their request. I located their email dated May 2, 2019. I will send then the requested information again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, thank you. That is extremely helpful! I know it must be annoying to post it all since you have experienced it and endured it enough already. But, for those of us who come here for advice and support, your initial post did not give any background with which to understand the context of your complaint. Now that I know, I can see what kind of BS I may have to expect from Fitbit if I purchase any more products from them. After what you experienced, I may very well not do so ever again. Big companies these days seem to think they can take our money, give us a product that works for six months to a year, not honor their warranties, and still have us come back for more. It isn’t like Fitbit doesn’t have plenty of cheaper competition out there. If they are going to provide a product that lasts like a $19 device, then why shouldn’t we buy those less expensive devices. The thing that could (and used to) differentiate them from their competitors was their innovation and customer service. Based on your description, it seems like the customer service is gone. Now that Google is buying them, I wonder if that will help or further degrade the situation? Anyway, I am sorry for the crap you have put up with. It is truly so typical of many companies these days. Thank you for sharing that experience in order to better prepare the rest of us.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, it was about a week ago that Fitbit sent me a message that they were sending me a replacement. They provided me a tracking number with the USPS. When I checked this morning, this is what I obtained. 

Status
Label Created, not yet in system

😞

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DrGeneNelson Thank you for updating us about the replacement process.

In order to obtain information about your order, please update Customer Support on the same case you created. They will be happy to give you details about your package.

Please don't hesitate to contact us back at any time.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit honored their warranty and replaced the defective product. 😀

Best Answer
0 Votes