Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display not working on Charge 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The display on my Charge 2 stopped working. I get nothing. It still syncs to my phone, but no display and no notifications. I have restarted multiple times, but no change. Anyone else experience this?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
339 REPLIES 339

Hello- My Charge 2 screen is not working. It still syncs to my phone and it seems to be tracking correctly, but there are no notifications and the screen is dark. The green lights on the bottom for the heart rate seem to be working fine. I have tried cleaning, restarting several times, and following all of the troubleshooting recommendations. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My Charge 2 is about 18 months old and I have had no problems up to this point. 

Best Answer
I would contact fitbit / to troubleshoot by chatting- if they can’t fix it - they may send u another
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

My charge 2 stopped displaying anything after I was involved in an automobile accident. The side air bag deployed and cut my wrist right next to the charge 2. I tried restarting the charge 2 at least 5 times, but still nothing displays.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just experienced this exact problem the other day. My charge 2 was working fine, without any issues. The battery icon popped up on the display telling me to charge it; I put it on the charger for a few hours, but when I went to put it back on, I realized the display wasn't working at all. I pushed the button on the side to see if that would help and I felt it vibrate but got nothing on the display. I'll charge the 3 times reset as suggested to see if that helps and will post an update afterwards. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have taken the fitbit app off my phone and quit trying to get it to work
period. Maybe I'll try again if I find the time
Best Answer

I am actually gonna go thru the Fitbit app on my phone to change some settings (like the layout of the display, as was previously suggested by the CS rep) and see if I can't get the display working again by trying to have the 2 communicate with each other. I know sometimes my notifications don't get pushed thru to the device's display (like after downloading the most current app update) and I have to restart my phone to get the notifications again, so I'll give that a go as well just in case i had an app update recently that I was unaware of. If none of these actions helps then I'll be in touch with customer service for a more thorough investigation into the issue and possible solutions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Try chatting with Fitbit they can be very helpful

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Sounds like I should try that as well. Thank you and good luck
Best Answer

I opened up a live chat with customer care to get further assistance and sadly, they were of no help whatsoever. I spoke with a girl there, telling her the issue with the display (tho for whatever reason, she initally thought the problem was that my device wasn't charging) and I told her everything I tried so far: resetting the device per the instructions provided thru this thread, did an app update with a phone restart, and even tried another outlet to make sure it wasn't a problem on my end. She told me that my Fitbit is over a year old, therefore not eligible for a replacement, and that I exhausted all troubleshooting options with no luck, so it was time for me to get a new device. As I'm sure you can imagine, I was not happy in the slightest to be told that I was essentially SOL, especially since this charge 2 is just over a year old. She was kind enuf to email me a 25% off coupon to use towards a new device (which is only good for 30 days), but I'm not in the best position financially and cannot afford to purchase a new tracker right now. I am really pissed that my tracker crapped out after only having it for 1 year AND that their only "solution" to my problem is to buy a brand new one. The whole situation and the VERY quick determination by this rep that I'd need to spend money that I don't have on a new Fitbit has left me feeling like they are more concerned about pushing a sale rather than offer more help to try and fix the problem on my end. I might call customer care tomorrow to see if someone else is interested in helping me try to fix my tracker cuz after this experience and the lack of assistance being offered to me, I may jump off the Fitbit ship  completely. My mom is now on her 3rd device and my stepdad on his 2nd... I'm starting to see a pattern in reliability (or lack thereof) that is very troublesome. 

Best Answer
Yep. After about my 4th try and mine is just over a yr old too. I'm
thinking no more. Too expensive for me also. Must have went over warranty
Best Answer

This started happening to me yesterday. I have random lines on mine as well. It’s one year old. I will retry resetting it. It’s clean. I clean it all the time and I changed the band yesterday.

Press what button?

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes
It did work for mine but it took a few attempts.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@DMx2 wrote:

Press what button???

To do a reset, you need to attach the tracker to its charger and while its clipped into the charger, find a way to  press and hold the button on the lefthand side of the Charge 2 for 5-10 seconds (this proves to be difficult to do since the opening in the clip that the button sits in is so small). It's the button that toggles you thru the different features of the tracker- actually, it's the only button found on the device. 😉

I attempted to do a reset of the tracker so many times that I lost count (which is super easy to do when nothing shows up on the display. Lol) and I got nothing- no firmware version or anything.

Since I cannot afford a new tracker and am determined to make sure I've literally tried everything I possibly could to fix the problem, I'm gonna go thru the various (related) threads within the community to see if there are any other troubleshooting suggestions to try besides the device reset that got the display to successfully work again- I'll share whatever I can with y'all when I'm done. 😊

Best Answer
Try chatting with Fitbit they repkCed mine

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I called them. My fit bit is 4 weeks over warranty, so I have had it for 13 months and they told me they can’t do anything to help. That the lines on the screen are NOT a global issue. I’m so upset bc I’ve had this fit bit for just over one year and they told me they can’t do anything to help. I think it’s very poor customer service.

I did the reset 5x last night and it didn’t help. I called them this morning and they told me they can’t do anything to help. I’m one month over warranty and she told me she can’t replace it. Wth. Absolutely poor customer service that a company as big as fit bit can’t replace one that just suddenly has lines showing up across the screens. She also offered me the 25% discount and I can’t afford a new one. I want this one replaced. I think that being 4 weeks over warranty would warrant a replacement, but what do I know.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

This happened to my charge 2 a while back. Screen went blank after lines across the display appeared. I had issues with it not delivering call/text notifications in the prior months before it finally quit. Being that it's been 18 months since purchase, I knew it was a lost cause to contact customer service. My Fitbit scale lasted ONE year and ONE week and I was told we had exceeded the warranty!!! Thankfully squeaky wheel gets the grease. I was told they would replace it this one time. I'm predicting my second scale will last...ummm... maybe a year??? I will try the reset option, but not optimistic about the outcome. I would rather get an Apple watch, but will have to wait until Christmas. I can't justify it right now but don't want to wait for a tracker either. In the meantime, I decided to search eBay to possibly settle for a used tracker. I came across a tracker that is the pebble only, without the band and charge cord for only $50 (brand new). A good option  if you aren't able to replace it or not wanting to waste money on something that will last only for so long. I'm very disappointed in the Fitbit brand. The quality of their products seems to be very poor considering how much you have to pay. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I chatted with Fitbit and sent them a pic of screen - they gave me a replacement when mine was just out of warrAnty or big disc on a newer one. I suggest if resetting doesn’t work try contacting them. I got results in about 1 hr of back n forth chatting. Ez pz

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@kdbonds3 I am also disappointed with them. My Fitbit One lasted almost 2 years until the screen went black, which is when my husband bought me the charge 2 for my birthday, which had weird lines appear and has now pixilated like multiple people have said on this thread and it’s only 13 months old. I tried to use that one since my charge 2 isn’t working, but it told me to enter the 4 digit code on the screen...but since the screen is black that didn’t work.

Even though multiple people have the same issue, Fitbit told me they could offer me a coupon for 25% off another one. I have had issues with it not delivering notifications, as well. I’m going to attempt to call again. 

I have tried resetting it like 50x and nothing happens. I hope you get something that works. 

Danielle 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The display on my Charge 2 stopped working. I get nothing. It still syncs to my phone, but no display and no notifications. I have restarted multiple times, but no change. Anyone else experience this?

This not working 

Moderator edit: Merged replies

Best Answer
0 Votes

Over the last couple of days I've noticed that the display on my Charge 2 had shifted up a little. After checking online, I reset the device a couple of times which resulted in no change. Yesterday evening, the were 3 solid lines on the bottom of the display which also meant the the top of the time digits we're clipped. Woke up this morning and the screen is blank, apart from when I solitary line which flashes on the bottom when I either quick view or press the button. 

The device is still working and tracking though it seems clear to me that the display connections are shot. I've had the device since April 2017, so it's also clear that I'm not going to get any joy from Fitbit. Not happy TBF.

Best Answer