Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 LED Display Issue

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit recently is having display issues with lines of LEDs not lighting up (through the upper portion of the display face) In the image attached its through the time and more noticeably through the date. It was hard to capture in photo cause of the brightness of the LEDs. The missing LEDs occur through all the screens.

Anything I can do to fix this? I'm guessing this is a hardware issue rather than something I can fix through resetting the device. I had a similar issue with my old Charge (which this Charge 2 replaced) before the entire screen just died.

DSC_0244.JPG

Best Answer
47 REPLIES 47

Try a hard reset then contact support for a replacement. I think the reset is plug the unit in and hold down the button. 

its a fairly common problem. Same with the band breaking.

fitbit seem to have a habit of breaking and while they state the device should last years they do not warranty defects past a year. So basically have a product with known issues and not addressing them just replacing until warranty expires.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@stoiQ Welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to have you here! This is definitely not normal. Like @Sleepyguy said the best thing you can do is restarting the tracker by doing the following:

Plug the charging cable to your computer or UL certified wall adapter.
Align the contacts of the tracker with the charging cable and plug it in making sure it snaps securely.
Your tracker should start charging.
Press the button for 10 to 12 seconds.
You should see your tracker's firmware version and you can now unplug your tracker.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

No luck. Reset, saw the logo and firmware (22.55.2) but still having display issues.

Best Answer

@stoiQ thank you for following my suggestions. In this case please contact our Support Team for further assistance as they can review your information and provide options.

Keep me posted!

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

What is a hard reset? My charge 2 display only shows lines yet it is still syncing to my cell phone and tracking steps. I did the plug in and hold button 3 times but no change.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing the same thing but i had it just over a year 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Marissa51263 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to have you here! Did you try restarting the tracker? Check the instructions in my previous post and let me know if this helps.

I look forward to your reply!

Best Answer
0 Votes

i’m having the same problem except mine has grown from one line to three missing lines over the past few days. i’ve had my fitbit just over one year. 

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I hope you're doing well! Sorry to hear about your Charge 2 missing lines. Any chance you can share a picture? Also have you restarted the tracker? You can restart the Charge 2 by doing the following:

Plug the charging cable to your computer or UL certified wall adapter.
Align the contacts of the tracker with the charging cable and plug it in making sure it snaps securely.
Your tracker should start charging.
Press the button for 10 to 12 seconds.
You should see your tracker's firmware version and you can now unplug your tracker.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I restarted it twice just to make sure. 

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner thank you for restarting the tracker. Do you still see the issues with the screen? Or was it resolved after the restarts?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried everything nothing helped all the lights went out a few days after it started

Best Answer

Hi, I too now have the same issue. It started a week ago with just one line out through the date, now I have every other line missing through the time. A hard reset hasnt changed anything, my watch is just over a year old. Any other suggestions please?

Best Answer

@TimothyJMay Welcome! It's good that the community is growing! Sorry for the delay in my response!

@Marissa51263 thank you for following the suggestions in my posts. At this point the best thing to do is letting our Support team know about the issue. They will be able to review the case and provide options. You will get an email from them.

@TimothyJMay Thank you for restarting your Charge 2. I noticed that you already have a ticket with Support so I wanted to know if they were able to help you?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, yes thank you, Support was able to help. Once you have this problem the unit is finished. If you live in the UK and can prove the unit is less than 2 years old it will be replaced. Outside UK you have just one year. Hope that helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TimothyJMay thank you for the update and really happy to hear that you got your tracker replaced by Support as this may help other members in the same situation. If anyone else would like to know about your warranty period please check the warranty page.

I'll be around!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Seems to be a common issue.  Just after a year and it started.  LOTS of threads on this very issue.  I love the tracker, but not sure I want to pay full price again!  Like a few others, mine is getting progressively worse and hard reset is not fixing it.

Best Answer

@Ranthon007 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I hope you're doing well! Sorry to hear that your Charge 2 display isn't working correctly. Thank you for trying the restart on your device. As suggested previously it would be better if you let our Support team know about the issue so they can review it and provide options. You will get an email from them.

Let  me know how it goes!

Best Answer
0 Votes