Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display not working on Charge 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The display on my Charge 2 stopped working. I get nothing. It still syncs to my phone, but no display and no notifications. I have restarted multiple times, but no change. Anyone else experience this?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
339 REPLIES 339

Do a search on this forum for "no display" there was a case last week

Best Answer

@MichaelLC Thanks for stopping by! A restart should help in most cases in which your tracker's display isn't working, if you are still having the issue then I suggest you contact our Support Team for further assistance as they can review your tracker's information in greater detail. 

For anyone else having this issue please restart the tracker first 3 times in a row by doing the following:

Plug the charging cable to your computer or UL certified wall adapter.
Align the contacts of the tracker with the charging cable and plug it in making sure it snaps securely.
Your tracker should start charging.
Press the button for 10 to 12 seconds.
You should see your tracker's firmware version and you can now unplug your tracker.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

Mone too. Quit working this morning grrr

Best Answer

@elainemurielbad I hope you're doing well! Have you tried the restart explained in my previous post? You can also try cleaning your tracker's contacts with a toothpick or toothbrush and then use cotton with rubbing alcohol, this will ensure a good contact between the tracker and the charging cable. Charge your tracker for a couple of hours and restart it.

Keep me posted!

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

Hi I feel rather stupid. I bought my Charge 2 last friday and had a bit of trouble setting it up (as my phone is a huawei p9 lite). But I think it synced with my phone. However my display stays "fitbit.com/setup" and I cant see a battery status nor is anythin happening when i tap it.   

I tried the 3 time restart.

Am i doing anything wrong ?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I will keep trying
Best Answer
0 Votes

The problem I have is that previously the screen would come ON when I moved my wrist. Now I have to tap it more than twice to see the screen. I have reset it as per your instructions, but still the same.

Best Answer

Yes, we have had 2 for less than a year and they have both stopped displaying on the watch.

Best Answer

I have the same issue.

The screen comes on only when tapping.

Restarted 3 times in a row - same thing.

Edit: - Fixed - I restarted the Charge earlier as I had issues with time displaying correctly and I think after restart the the Quick View toggle was turned off. I turned it On in Account > Settings, and it is working now. 

Best Answer

Same here.  Not working.  Tried everything

Best Answer

The display on my Charge 2 stopped working. It's a blank screen. It still syncs to my phone, but no display.  Is there anything that can be done to fix the problems.   

Best Answer
I found that by changing the display settings of the screen made the screen work, but for how long .......

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

same thing - display doesnt work just random lines but saves my steps on phone app-only a year old

Best Answer

@Schmite Welcome! It's good that the community is growing! Did you try the restart suggested in my previous post? Make sure your tracker is fully charged and also add the suggestion made above about changing the clock face on your tracker's settings

If anyone is still having issues then please let me know if you have tried all the suggestions in this thread and I will gladly continue assisting you.

I look forward to your reply!

Best Answer

Mine has no display since this morning. Have plugged it into charge to see if I could reset it (although it was only fully charged last night) but there's no signs of life. I've had it for 3 months.

Best Answer
I have had two that have done this. I will no longer buy Fitbit

Sent from my iPhone

--
Legal
Notice: This message is intended for the addressee(s) only and,
unless
expressly stated otherwise, is confidential and may be privileged.
If
you are not an addressee, (i) please inform the sender immediately and

permanently delete and destroy the original and any copies or printouts
of
this message, and (ii) be advised that any disclosure, copying or use
of
the information in this message is unauthorized and may be unlawful.
Best Answer

It's finally come back to life this morning so I have done the reset process and we'll see how we go.

Best Answer

i did that but it didnt hep . my fitbit screen is still black.

Best Answer
I ended up chatting with Fitbit and they replaced it

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer