Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display not working on Charge 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The display on my Charge 2 stopped working. I get nothing. It still syncs to my phone, but no display and no notifications. I have restarted multiple times, but no change. Anyone else experience this?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
339 REPLIES 339

I've got the same issue. Done all of the forum suggestions:

- reset it multiple (10-20) times

- changed the display setting

- toggled 'quick view' off, re-sync'd, no joy, then toggled 'quick view' on, re-sync'd

- cleaned the connectors (although I can feel it vibrate when I connect it to the plug, so I know these are fine)

Just been waiting 30 mins on the Support chat to speak to an agent, I am now at position 2. Fingers crossed.

I'm worried about the trend in this thread. I've been a Fitbit customer for 3+ years and recommended them to friends and family. If there is a quality issue post 12 months, all theirs will stop working too...

The support team replaced mine - they were very helpful and polite Smiley Happy

Moderator edit: Merged replies

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JonesT wrote:

The support team replaced mine - they were very helpful and polite 🙂

Was it in warranty?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m wondering the same thing. I had the same thing happen and I was 4 weeks over warranty and I did not get much help. My neighbor lent me her fitbit to use for now since I can’t afford a new one and she isn’t using it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I ended up throwing mine away.

Sent from my iPhone

--
Legal
Notice: This message is intended for the addressee(s) only and,
unless
expressly stated otherwise, is confidential and may be privileged.
If
you are not an addressee, (i) please inform the sender immediately and

permanently delete and destroy the original and any copies or printouts
of
this message, and (ii) be advised that any disclosure, copying or use
of
the information in this message is unauthorized and may be unlawful.
Best Answer
0 Votes
They did not say sorry. I’ve had it 18 months

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had the same experience. Fitbit is more interested in sales than customer service. The rep I was chatting with told me they were looking into why the screens were going black and it must be a defect in the screen but told me my Charge 2 was out of warranty and not eligible for replacement. I asked if it is a defect why wouldn't they replace it. She just said it was out of warranty. My wife is having the same problem with her Fitbit Blaze. Which is also 13 months old and out of warranty. I feel this is fitbit trying up sales and my wife and I are done with this company. Especially after reading all the problems on this site. Time to move on and find a company who will stand behind their products especially when they know there is a defect in their product.

Best Answer

I know it’s frustrating. My neighbor is letting me use hers for now. I want to call them again. It’s not an isolated incident and they said they would share my input with the engineering team. Ok, well not sure how that’s gonna help me now since they all seem to be defective. I would call again. I want to find a corporate number and call because getting a scripted line is not helpful and creates more frustration. Can you wife get her blaze replaced?

Really!?!? I have to call again. I was really mad when I called. It was 4 weeks out of warranty. I’m glad they replaced it. Did they say anything about it? It seems some people get them replaced and some don’t. Idk why. It’s annoying. 

Hmmmm. I’m going to call again since reading your post. I had mine from June 9, 2017 and it stopped working July 7 or so of this year. And they wouldn’t replace it. Weird. Do you have to send the old one in?

Moderator edit: Merged replies

Best Answer
0 Votes

Personally, I don't think they'd have you send your old one in for service.  They have enough FitBits and are probably aware of the seemingly widespread issues we're all experiencing.

Mine is three months shy of being two years old and I'm experiencing the issue -- the screen is frozen at 2:55 p.m. two days ago and doesn't reflect any update in my steps; however everything still tracks on the app on my phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yea mine was barely out of warranty they offered a discount on a new one ( but not the versa which was just coming out) or free replacement. I took the replacement - and plan to get versa when price goes down maybe Xmas...

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately Fitbit is s world wide company and has to be consistent on the warranty

Best Answer

I have been having the same issue with my charge 2 screen display not working.   I have tried the reset, cleaning, and settings.   Do you have any further suggestions?   Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes
Unfortunately, in calling fitbit, they had me completely uninstall the app
from my phone as a possible solution.
Unfortunately for me, I now need a four-digit code to upload the app back
onto my phone that is completely unattainable.
So the fitbit is shot. However the folks at fitbit were very quick to try
and sell me an upgrade to the next couple better fitbits!
Best Answer
0 Votes

My display has gone out.  I have tried restarting, plugging into the charger, etc but I still have no display!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Reset in accordance with the details above and nothing happened. I’ve cleaned it, it’s charging and syncing fine. I was also told, when I was talking to customer service, that I would be getting an email with a code for percentages off replacements. That has not been sent either.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried it all. Mine still not working!

I’m calling customer service today!

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ya good luck with that......”the best we can do is 25% off a new old version of a Fitbit”.

Lance
Best Answer
0 Votes
Very, very disappointing! I liked this Fitbit! This is the second FitBit model that I’ve had! The other lasted much longer.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I think it really depends on how old your fitbit is. My recommendation is
to call fitbit to see if they can possibly help you out... matter how dim
that chance actually is...
Best Answer
0 Votes
Just over a year before it crapped out. I called them and got nowhere. Bought a new sport watch. They just tell you the same thing over and over, reset it. Has this actually worked for anyone ?

Lance
Best Answer
0 Votes
I plan to do that.
Best Answer
0 Votes