Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 LED Display Issue

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit recently is having display issues with lines of LEDs not lighting up (through the upper portion of the display face) In the image attached its through the time and more noticeably through the date. It was hard to capture in photo cause of the brightness of the LEDs. The missing LEDs occur through all the screens.

Anything I can do to fix this? I'm guessing this is a hardware issue rather than something I can fix through resetting the device. I had a similar issue with my old Charge (which this Charge 2 replaced) before the entire screen just died.

DSC_0244.JPG

Best Answer
47 REPLIES 47

IMG_3675.JPG

Mine does the same thing 

Best Answer

@cotiw It's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community! Sorry to see that your Charge 2 display isn't working as it should. Have you tried restarting it? Please do so by following these instructions:

Plug the charging cable to your computer or UL certified wall adapter.
Align the contacts of the tracker with the charging cable and plug it in making sure it snaps securely.
Your tracker should start charging.
Press the button for 10 to 12 seconds.
You should see your tracker's firmware version and you can now unplug your tracker.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
The screen ended up going completely blank (as predicted). The support staff identified my DOP and it was out of warranty. The 25% off offer was a nice gesture, but since it excluded the new products, it didn’t make sense to get another Charge 2 at this point (a new one is coming out soon). So I just bought a Gear S2 (a much better value @ $90). I am loving it so far. I have owned FitBit for nearly 8 years now, but I may have found a new line of devices for me!!!!
Best Answer

Took mine 10 days to die...(well go completely dark).  I would start looking for an alternative especially if you are out of warranty.  I went with the Samsung Gear S2 (they are only 90$ now...much better value than replacing something that has this widespread issue and is about to become outdated).

Best Answer
0 Votes

The display has only gotten worse.  image.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

This solution doesn't appear to be working for anyone.  Do you have any other suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry to tell you….its toast.
Best Answer
0 Votes

The reset didnt resolve the issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Once the pebble LED’s start to line out, it’s finished I’m afraid. Soon it will be in total darkness. Sorry.
Best Answer

@Galelr @cotiw Welcome! It's nice to have you on board! Sorry to hear about your Charge 2 not responding to the restart. Like @Ranthon007 and @TimothyJMay have mentioned you will need to reach out to Support for help but if the device is out side the warranty period they won't be able to replace it. You will get an email from them so they can assist you.

Keep me posted!

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine did the same thing. Lines were missing , now the display is completely gone. Contacted Fitbit and they offered me the same 25% off. Seems to me this is not a isolated case with the Fitbit Charge 2 , must me a design flaw as there are so many people with the same issue. It’s not like these Fitbits are cheap to buy, rather expense so you just can’t toss it and run out to buy a new one ever yearn. Too bad because this is a great product. Instead of telling people to reset it , maybe they should be taking them back , refurbished then and return them??? 

Best Answer

@lmckillop Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I hope you're doing well! Sorry to hear that your Charge 2 screen isn't working anymore. Support offers the discount when your device is no longer covered by Fitbit's warranty as mentioned before. It is up to you if you wish to use it or not. My tracker has been working for 2 years now so I don't think everyone has the same experience.

Let me know how it goes!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here.  I've read through the community postings -- has anyone had the reset work once they started getting lines in their Charge 2 display?  I have read quite a few instances with the same problem and the recommendation has always been the same -- do the reset, but I have yet to see someone respond that the process actually worked.  I started losing lines 4 days ago -- how long before my tracker (or at least the display) completely dies?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I saw on another Community string also about Charge 2 display issues that AlvaroFitbit suggested doing the reset process 3 times.  I did that tonight and unfortunately all that accomplished was to create even more blank lines across the display than I had before I tried the reset process.  I have contacted support and sent them a picture.  Anything else I can do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 2 is also doing this screen thing. It's not that old, my charge hr lasted much longer. The reset did not work btw. Why is this not a recall issue? It is clearly a manufacturer defect. 

Best Answer

Once it started to go, my Charge 2 display lasted about 2 weeks before it completely died.  The tracker still tracks and synchs with my phone, but no displsy at all.  Fitbit Customer Support said no refund or replacement since mine is over 1 year old.  They did provide a discount coupon on the purchase of another fitbit product, but the coupon does not apply to the newer products - which makes no sense to me.  Does not seem like the best way to treat a group of loyal customers / users (I would think fitbit would want us continually moving up to the newest products with the latest festures).

Best Answer
0 Votes
Fitbit does not want to address the issue that there is a design flaw with the Fitbit Charge 2 . Read the posts this is happening more and more with the Fitbit Charge 2. I would be will to pay for shipping there and back to have my Fitbit fixed. Fitbit is not interested in fixing this issue , they are only interested in selling more Fitbit's. When you contact Fitbit the only fix they can recommend is to restart your Fitbit. Has this actually ever worked for anyone? Fitbit has blocked me from posting the same message about their defective product. Now do I buy another Fitbit or do I look at another product.....what to do , what to do??

Lance
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey AlvaroFitbit - question for you:  I've been on Community about my Charge 2 display problem (losing lines), tried the reset process you recommended, and have now worked through Customer Support.  I do not have my new tracker yet, and have been wearing the old one.  Yesterday morning the screen was completely blank, but it was still tracking and synching all day.  This morning, I see that everything seems to have stopped at 3:30 i the middle of last night.  However, I have now noticed that in hours when I do not get my 250 steps within the first 50 minutes of the hour, I am feeling the "get moving notification".   So it seems like maybe it is still tracking, but just not synching to my phone.  Any suggestions how I can check to see if any of today's info has really been tracked?  I have tried restarting the bluetooth on my phone a couple times.

Best Answer
0 Votes
They will tell you to reset it several times and it will not work. Then they will tell you how sorry they are and offer you 25% off a new older model Fitbit not a new model . Throw it out and buy something else . Design flaw .

Lance
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine just did exactly the same. over the last few days (since Wednesday 19 Sept)  a few lines then garbage and now nothing. I've reset 10+ times and nothing but garbage on the screen. At best it displays backwards. Given that this is not isolated to a few users it does appear to be a manufacture issue, this also correlates to the fact they all seemed to start dying at the same time. Is there anyway of seeing manufacture date/time so we can see if this is the case?

Best Answer
0 Votes