Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distance shows N/A

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello Andrew,

I was just gifted a fit bit Charge HR and I love it!  I went for a nice long run, but for some reason, when I logged into the website, the distance shows N/A. 

Can you help me get this sorted? 

I really need to see the distance I run every time.

Thank you.

Lourdes

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
21 REPLIES 21

@curlyqluliWelcome to the Community! Great to see you seeking out help from other peers! Happy to have you here!

Congratulations on the new Charge HR! That's my favorite tracker wear! It sounds like you went for your long run but didn't press and hold the button to start the timer at the beginning of your run and pressed and held it to stop the timer at the end of your run. As that didn't occur, the Charge HR used our SmartTrack feature to automatically detect your run instead! 

SmartTrack activities do not include distance. I recommend checking out my post here in regards to how SmartTrack activities are logged and how to log your activities if you'd like to see distance as a metric for your activity. Hope this helps! Robot Very Happy

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey, 

I tracked a workout, pressed the button to start as always and ended it after it was done. The screen showed me all the stats after the workout, as it always does.

However when I look online or in the app, it doesn't show any of my distances even as the screen did show them. I'm really annoyed by this, please help me solve this.

Screen Shot 2016-02-09 at 10.49.49 PM.png

Best Answer

I am having the same problem. I did a 5K last night and knew that the course distance was shorter than the one I did in January, so I went to find the distance for both times and it shows N/A. I did use the timer both times and when I completed each run the distance was shown on the tracker. It know the course was shorter because it did log the steps, but didn't save the distance. Super frustrating!

Edit: It seems to be working now. I guess it was just being fussy. It took about 10 minutes before it updated!

Best Answer

Hi, @SunsetRunner, distance will not show if you edit the name of your workout to "soccer".  It will only show if you rename your workout to "walk" , "run" or "hike".  If you would like to see distance for soccer and other activities, you might want to vote for this feature request .

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hey,

This doesn't make any sense as "soccer" is Fitbits own category. And it includes walking, running and sprinting
Best Answer
0 Votes
Unfortunately distance is no longer available for "soccer", even though it is one of the built in categories. But do as your comments to the feature request I linked to. Other's who play soccer have mentioned they would like to see distance as used to be available before the recent change.

Best Answer
Now I can't edit any of them that are marked as soccer
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, @SunsetRunner , that is correct. You can only categorize your workout once. After that the only way to change the category is to make a note of the start time and duration, delete the activity, and then recreate it.

Best Answer
This is absolutely not what I'm paying for. This makes no sense what so ever why I the distance wouldn't be available, and once I've categorized them to find out the stupid system doesn't show distance; then I can't even change it to one that does show it
Best Answer
0 Votes

Technically, you paid for the tracker. The web service is free unless you have a Premium account. I get what you mean, however, but this is the way it works at the moment. As already suggested, the Features Requests board is the main way of communicating any desires for functionality changes.

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes
@SunsetRunner , I have to agree that it seems odd to remove distance ... I can only suggest again that you add your vote and comments to the feature request I linked to above. (But for the immediate issue, if you make a note of the start time and duration of your soccer activities, then delete and re-enter as a "hike" (making a mental note to yourself that a "hike" is always really soccer) then distance should populate. Try it with one and see if it works. Be sure you search for and find the "hike" in the database and not create a custom activity. Sorry! At this stage that's the best work around I can suggest.

Best Answer
If I delete and re add will it somehow find all the stats?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes. It will show you what your tracker recorded during the same time period.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well I deleted it. Then readded with the same time and calories. Now the steps and the distance is missing.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Did you use the Log Activity feature or the Activity Record button on the website?

The former will override your tracker data for the period with an exstimated set of values. It's the latter you need to use to create a record from your tracked steps etc.

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner "Workouts" with exercise mode on Charge HR don't display distance and pace information by default. To see distance and pace, you need to recategorize the workout to one of the following exercises:

Walk

Run

Hike

If distance is a metric that you'd like to see, I recommend recording a GPS activity using MobileRun as all activities logged with GPS will display Distance and Pace.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Same issue.

#1 reason purchased Fitbit HR this month was to track distance. 

1) How did you press the button the HR to begin tracking a session?

2) I have manually changed the automatically tracked sports activities on my computer to 'Hike' however the distance still remains N/A

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

@djmurray. automatically tracked (SmartTrack) activities will NOT show distance for hike, run, walk -- any activity.  If you would like this to change, please vote for this feature request.  (You can also add comments).  I think most people would like to see distance, and yet the feature request doesn't have many votes, so Fitbit is not likely to change this without a LOT more votes!

You might be able to get distance for your activities, depending on which Fitbit you have, if your Fitbit has the ability to manually track activities (using the button).  For instructions on how to do this, you will need to say which model you have (Fitbit HR is not enough information)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, Julia.

I have new the new Fitbit Alta HR.

I now understand smart track will not automatically give a distance.

However, I was told if you manually amend this activity to 'Hike' it will calculate the distance. But this has not worked.

How do I manually track activities with the Fitbit Alta HR? Where is the button?  

Best Answer
0 Votes