Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do third party bands affect Charge 3 functions?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a fitbit charge 3 (bought secondhand) and I recently replaced the band with an off brand band from Amazon. (The old band broke)

I've noticed since replacing the band, some features are working. I'm not getting notifications like I used to, and the raise to wake feature is not working. I don't have the old band or another fitbit brand band to test if it is just the new band.

Would 3rd party bands affect this?

Thanks for any info!

Moderator edit: format.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Band does not affect how it works.  It expect what happened is while putting on band, you accidentally got into Quick Settings by holding in side button 2 seconds, and in Quick Settings accidentally tapped Screen Wake - the light bulb, preventing wake on wrist turn. Or it could be you put yourself in Sleep Mode (half moon) doling a few other things.

JohnnyRow_0-1662849142798.png

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Band does not affect how it works.  It expect what happened is while putting on band, you accidentally got into Quick Settings by holding in side button 2 seconds, and in Quick Settings accidentally tapped Screen Wake - the light bulb, preventing wake on wrist turn. Or it could be you put yourself in Sleep Mode (half moon) doling a few other things.

JohnnyRow_0-1662849142798.png

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

Omg thank you!!

Mine doesn't have the "screen wake" icon, which was my first thought when it stopped doing raise to wake!

But I just checked the sleep mode, and it was on! Turned it off, now it's working! Thank you!

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Taypotay. Thanks for sharing your third party bands inquiry. 

As @JohnnyRow mentioned, third party bands shouldn't interfere with tracker's functions. I'm glad that you were able to find what was happening with your tracker. 😀

Thank you for your assistance @JohnnyRow!

Best Answer
0 Votes