Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My wrist band keeps breaking!

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After having my charge two for a week, the part of the band that attaches to the actual Fitbit broke. I got a new one, but it broke in the exact same exact spot. Would my warranty still cover another one since I just got it replaced? And what can I do to stop this from happening? It hasn't even been a month since I've purchased it and only seems to last a week before the wristband breaks. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It's too bad this is happening. Fitbit is a very good product, the band problem notwithstanding. Problems inevitably occur with new products. Design flaws, production problems, etc. When things like this happen you have to jump on it right away and come up with a solution. Fitbit has given me pretty good customer service, but there is only so much "customer goodwill" damage they can repair, no pun intended, when the product keeps failing. Management needs to step in and make a decision to do something. 

LIke others have said, Fitbit might be in the business of selling bands, much in the same way printer companies are in the business of selling ink, not printers. Despite the fact that I enjoy the product, like the software and its usability, I think I too will have to move on. It's a shame. Clearly either customer service isn't getting back to production, or management doesn't think it matters. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
334 REPLIES 334

@Shay116, the warranty covers your tracker for 1 year from the date of original purchase, not dependent upon how many times it has been repaired/replaced.  I am curious as to what is causing the bands to break, though. I have had my Charge 2 since last August, and have had no problems with the bands. Are you possibly wearing it to tight and causing stress on the band? Or, perhaps the band is getting caught on something to stress it?

Best Answer

I'm on my second one since Christmas ad already shows signs it's going to break again. Debating whether to simply just get a full refund 

Best Answer

How tight is it on your arm @Kerryjmun, are you able to easily slip at least one file get under the band? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Submitted content: Easily. Only time I have it snug is when I work out

In 3 months I've had 2 charge 2
I am not able to get a refund just replacements
I feel the quality is substandard and would advise against anyone purchasing oneIMG_2315.JPG

Best Answer

I am having the same problem.  Do you have small wrists?  Mine are small and I think that is causing more than normal strain at the places where the band attached to the tracker.

Best Answer

Not really. Honestly I think its poor design. After a few very stressful conversations I got them to send me a leather strap FOC. So far it seems 100% more sturdy. No wobbling. Ive not changed how I wear it so firmly believe its the design. Having paid extra for the Rose gold I just simply swapped the Rose gold clasp with the silver one sent with the leather strap. Honestly, push for a Leather replacement. So far lasted twice as long as the 2 Lavender plastic ones they sent!

Best Answer

You may get better luck with a 3rd party band:

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_8?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=charge+2+bands&spr...

Not the optimal situation, and you still have to spend more of your own, but it might save additional hustles in the long run.

Best Answer
OK, thanks for the advice. On my second replacement if (when) this one
breaks I will ask for the leather.
Does that one work ok with exercise - with sweat and all?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had the same issue. Mine breaks on the plastic part that connects to the actual device too. My first band broke while I was sleeping so I stopped wearing it to bed. This time my band broke while I was just sitting and not even doing anything?I felt it fall off out of nowhere and was super confused. I don't wear it super tight either.

Best Answer

I had 2 replacements and then insisted on the leather one as believed to be sturdier. So far so good 

Best Answer

None of mine were tight. Honestly think there is a design issue as it was the screw joint that kept breaking. The leather is sturdier and cost more. But I got a free replacement. My advice just get that as your replacement 

Best Answer

I had the exact same experience; stopped wearing it to bed after first one broke now replacement has broken again! I don't wear it tight either. Have owned mine less than 4 mos😔

Best Answer

I got my charge 2 in Feb and my wrist band broke

How do I get a new one on the warentee

Best Answer

I also have a small wrist maybe that is the problem

but now need to know how to replace it using the warranty 

Best Answer

If you've had it less than a year call the customer service. Ask to speak to a manager (don't let them say no) and push for the leather strap. Believe me it's 100 times strurdier 

Best Answer

I have had my wristband since Christmas I do not do anything more stressful than dogwalking and my strap has broken where it attaches to the watch, how do I get in  touch with manufacturers 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Call their customer services. Explain that its broken. and they will send out a new strap if you want just a new strap or if want the whole new thing they will send you a new Fitbit but only when you've sent your broken one. I suggest opting for a Leather strap

Best Answer
0 Votes

be careful with some of the 3rd party ones - they are of even poorer quality than the OEM bands and users of many of them report difficulty in getting them OFF the tracker.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, calling customer service was a fail from the standpoint of requesting a leather more sturdy band even after explaining they had already replaced this once and it has broken in less than a month in the same exact spot. So I had to except a replacement band but I am expecting that this too will break and I will end up returning the entire product for a full refund. In an attempt to at least be part of the solution I pleaded with them to pass on to their Supervisors that they had a clear defect in this product.I like my charge HR it's cell, but it is not of any use to me if I am unable to where the product very disappointing

Best Answer