Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My wrist band keeps breaking!

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After having my charge two for a week, the part of the band that attaches to the actual Fitbit broke. I got a new one, but it broke in the exact same exact spot. Would my warranty still cover another one since I just got it replaced? And what can I do to stop this from happening? It hasn't even been a month since I've purchased it and only seems to last a week before the wristband breaks. 

Best Answer
334 REPLIES 334
I could not find a customer service number do you have it?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Support number is (877) 623-4997.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Depends what country you're in. Go to FITBIT web. Contact us. then scroll through the country you are in and will list numbers to call. Was a very easy process I found. Just push for what you want. Please remember I am talking about the Charge 2 Fitbit though. This is just my experiance

Best Answer
0 Votes

The same thing keeps happening to me.  Did you get an answer?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is the Charge 2 Special addition. After several conversations I got the Leather strap sent Free Of Charge and pleased to say ( other than some discoloration) is holding strong. My advice. Ask for these and change the Rose gold clasp on the leather strap. There is defiantly a problem with the plastic straps

Best Answer

yep the plastic breaks and the wrist band does not stay attached. im on my second replacement since December 2017 it is very annoying to pay $200 for something that lasts less than a few months.

it is such poor quality and they will not let me have a leather one as I just purchased the regular charge 2 not the fancy nancy one

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine, too. I bought it at Best Buy and bought the extended warranty so they took it right back and exchanged it but it is very annoying. I just got the new one two months ago and the other morning it just fell apart again. It's the same part of the band, too and there doesn't seem to be a way to snap it back together. I lost the very first fitbit I had because it didn't have a traditional watch band, just the magnetic clasp and one night I cam home and it was just gone. I figured these would last longer because the band is secure but now the band breaks! It's still under warranty so I will return it once more but these are not well made. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing. I'm on my second broken one and it just broke as well. Thankfully its still under warranty at Best Buy but wow they break so easy. Yes I put lots of steps on it each day but that shouldnt matter. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi ,my husband bought the first charge for a Xmas present from Target. They replaced it in march then the next did exactly the same thing in may and Waller this morning it happened again. I really think you have to go back to the drawing board on this type of 

strap by all the other fit bit comments you have on the community site. I can take it back to Target but I thought my comment might be helpful to the strap maker. Cheers Oh and by the way I am 69 and don't overexell in activities that much to break the straps.Cheers Christine 

Best Answer

and here i am again with another broken strap

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mines gone again. Got a new leather one in a matter of day.. However its the 4th time 6 months!

Best Answer
0 Votes

i did send them a pic 

Best Answer
0 Votes

They have told me time and time again there is no fault YET it breaks in the same place each time

If you are UK based

http://help.fitbit.com/?l=en_US&cu=1&fs=ContactUs&co=UK

IF USA or INDIA use the drop down for their numbers

Call and refuse to leave until spoken to a supervisor. I was quite stern when I called but theyve had pictures and all sorts. took 30 mins and 2 emails and Ive had ANOTHER leather strap sent.. God knows what will happen in DEC when the warranty has run out.

BTW it is a Charge 2  fitbit isnt it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

they insist they will only give me a plastic band

Best Answer
0 Votes

had 2 Leather ones now.. They do last longer but not by much so not going to say better TBH

Keep pushing but speak to them over the phone

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had the exact same issues! I am on my 2nd replacement band (keeps cracking and breaking at connection "T") and Fitbit has replaced it for free within days. Still no clue as to why it's happening.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem. I just purchased a Charge 2 and the band has broken. I try to put it back together and have even used duct tape. Even that doesn't work well. I've written the "Fitbit Support" folks for help, but so far, I haven't heard back. Because I just bought this, I'd like to use it a bit longer, get a replacement,  or get a full refund. I honestly think, however, that I am pretty much "done" with Fitbit and will try another company when I purchase my next tracker. The quality of the band is substandard and that doesn't give me a good feeling about a company that I've otherwise been pretty happy with.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Call them. They won't refund - I've asked a dozen times. But they will give you replacement. But you must call their support (number above on thread) 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I will call. Thank you so much. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@yvonneennovy @rozeelee @Kerryjmun I was able to reach out to our Support Team and get confirmation that they were able to reach a resolution with you. Can you please confirm this? Thanks in advance.

@DMitch87 @PCGG22 @Faithers14 Thank you for the feedback, I will make sure to pass it along to our product team. The issues you've described are definitely not expected behavior, and I would suggest you contact our Support Team for assistance if you experience any issues with your replacement. If a replacement is necessary, we would not expect it to encounter similar circumstances.

@Lynnbrallier I was able to reach out to our Support Team and received confirmation that they've received your inquiry and will be following-up with you via email within the next 24-72 hours. Be on the lookout in your inbox. Keep me posted.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer