Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My wrist band keeps breaking!

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After having my charge two for a week, the part of the band that attaches to the actual Fitbit broke. I got a new one, but it broke in the exact same exact spot. Would my warranty still cover another one since I just got it replaced? And what can I do to stop this from happening? It hasn't even been a month since I've purchased it and only seems to last a week before the wristband breaks. 

Best Answer
334 REPLIES 334

I'm on my third wristband in 7 months...it is the plastic piece that holds band to watch that keeps breaking...I just bought a leather band that has steel instead of plastic ... hoping it corrects the problem!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My lavendar band has also broken in the same spot 2 times since purchase in February. I just called customer support and they flatly refuse to either upgrade me to a leather band or extend the band warranty. I fully expect to have another broken band in the next 4 months and hope my warranty is not expired by the time it breaks. I too am losing faith in Fitbit and do not expect to continue doing business with this company once the warranty expires.

Best Answer
I recently had my second wrist band break since November, I got my last replacement in April. The is something very wrong with the design or the connection on the 'classic' wrist bands.
Best Answer
0 Votes

How exactly did you do to get them to replace it with a leather band?! I bought mine in November 2016, had a band replaced in April 2017 and now my band has broke again!  Any suggestions?  FitBit is being extremely difficult to work with this time around.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'll keep this simple as I keep getting these removed! Persistence. Ask to speak to a manager, explain it's a faulty product, the leather is sturdier but still breaks but does last longer. Mine is a charge 2 and I called the UK customer service. 

Good luck (I've had 4 break so not a great product) 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem! Kin of disappointing. Did customer service offer a refund? 

Best Answer

Flatly refused. I await to see what happens when the year warranty expires 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you so much. I agree that something is not working on this product. I appreciate your advice.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

if you are in Canada they will not give you a leather band, they will however if you persist and ask for a supervisor get a sports band, so far the sports band has held up I hope it keeps on doing so as my warrentee runs out in December

Best Answer
0 Votes

customer service will only give you a new band

Best Answer
0 Votes

they will not give you a leather band however they may give you a sports band if you keep on at them

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JeanH57 wrote:

My lavendar band has also broken in the same spot 2 times since purchase in February. I just called customer support and they flatly refuse to either upgrade me to a leather band or extend the band warranty. I fully expect to have another broken band in the next 4 months and hope my warranty is not expired by the time it breaks. I too am losing faith in Fitbit and do not expect to continue doing business with this company once the warranty expires.

ask them to give you a sports band

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m in the US, so I can at least try to get a leather band! Thank you so much.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mjlbj wrote:

I'm on my third wristband in 7 months...it is the plastic piece that holds band to watch that keeps breaking...I just bought a leather band that has steel instead of plastic ... hoping it corrects the problem!

let us know if that worked for you please

Best Answer
0 Votes
I will do this. Like you, though, I am losing faith. When my warranty is up, I will probably look for a new vendor.

Thank you!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Rozeelee - I'm on my second Leather one.. Last a little longer but unfortunately its still screwed into plastic so the same issue

x

Best Answer
0 Votes
I will try a leather band and will let you know how it goes.

Thank you.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I love FitBIt, mainly for the users, not necessarily for the product as much.  I have the Charge 2 and I like it because it is a vastly improved product over the first Charge, and they actually listened to the customer.  Kudos to Fitbit for that.  

But with that, I know the trackers themselves are pretty good, but the bands have always been a problem.  I have always thought of them as disposable.  So with my Charge 2, I used it with the expectation that the stock band will break on me.  So I got myself a Glink replacement band.  It is stainless steel mesh with a magnetic clasp.  I have had it for 3 days now and it seems to work ok.  I am able to adjust the fit on it perfectly.  The problem with leather or standard bands, is that you are at the mercy of the spacing of the notched holes.  For me, on the stock band, I was between notches and one was too tight and the other was too loose.  So with my magnetic one, I can cinch the band as snug as I want.

Best Answer

I had to buy another band now that’s broken. It’s getting a little crazy  I’m  angry  with fFitbit. I’m sure you can make your product a little better very annoying.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine did the same thing. It really ticks me off! My first band broke with 2-3 months and the replacement I bought only last about 1 month. The quality of these bands suck and make me really mad!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes