Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My wrist band keeps breaking!

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After having my charge two for a week, the part of the band that attaches to the actual Fitbit broke. I got a new one, but it broke in the exact same exact spot. Would my warranty still cover another one since I just got it replaced? And what can I do to stop this from happening? It hasn't even been a month since I've purchased it and only seems to last a week before the wristband breaks. 

Best Answer
334 REPLIES 334
Oh how I share your frustration. I have a little more on my warranty so I’m trying to hold on, but I am thinking that I will switch to another tracker after that.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I got on the web site looking for a customer service contact for this exact reason. I have had 3 Fitbits in four years.  The first two were the original FitBit HRs and they charging piece broke twice.  They replaced it the first time, but I had it longer than a year when it happened a second time so they wouldn't replace it.  Now I have the new HR and the band has broken, in the same way yours has. I'm debating whether or not to just quit purchasing FitBit and try another brand.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes
If it's under a year old they will replace the band for free, ask for a sports band they are munch better

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

The sport band isn't much better unfortunately. Mine just broke yesterday in the exact same place as my original one: the plastic piece that fits over the metal lip on the actual device. I with they would just make it out of metal. It seems that it would be much more durable.

I have no interest in the leather band as I sweat when I work out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've now had four bands break--two original from Fitbit and two from third parties off Amazon.  I've now had so many break that I have halves from two different bands that I can put together for one functional band.  It's not a permanent solution, but it does help get more life out of the purchase. I might also take take a picture of the broken halves, so I can go to Fitbit for a replacement--for when I my "fix" inevitably breaks as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The same exact thing happened to me. The second time I purchased an inexpensive replacement band off Amazon which, surprisingly, is much better made and has lasted months.

Best Answer
0 Votes

They do come in large and small are you people sure you have the right size band? Mine is a large and I have a bigger wrist and have not had issues yet. I have had mine since the 15th of October. I have the charge 2 by the way the all black one.

Thomas (Atomic77) West Bend, Wisconsin: Fitbit Versa 2 and Aria Air Scale
Best Answer
0 Votes

When the girl broke two bands my reaction was what are you doing that is causing them to break. I have never broken a single one.

About a month later I saw a line inside the fit bit so I reached out to support. While taking the watch apart I noticed mine was broken as well.

Watch straps are nothing new so what is different about these fitbits then other mainstream watches?

These are fitness trackers not jewelry. They should take a lickin and keep on trackin instead of crackin

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the right size band (small, worn at the 4th or 5th notch).  The main problem with these tracker bands is, of course, their "exchangability."  The ease of clicking a new band in place (rather than having to remove pins, as in traditional watches) means that those points of contact aren't as sturdy as those on traditional watches. With each of the four silicone bands I've had, the silicone broke away, leaving nothing to keep the metal clip in place.  The only band I have that has not yet broken is made of metal (again, purchased from a third-party on Amazon).  Others are saying that the leather bands also do not tend to break.  So, to me, it looks as if the silicone bands are simply to be avoided--or at least, used with the understanding that you might want to always have a backup on hand.

Best Answer

The intire concept of being silicone is it gives and is inert to sweat and the likes. Metal and leather lack both those properties.

it seems like instead of addressing the problem Fitbit has chosen to patch it by giving out and stocking lots of bands. 

What happens when warranty is up or up they stop making bands.

Best Answer

There has to be a bad batch or something because not everyone has these issues. Fitbit is not totally at fault here.

Thomas (Atomic77) West Bend, Wisconsin: Fitbit Versa 2 and Aria Air Scale
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there. I started this thread out of frustration. No I don’t do anything I shouldn’t with a tracker. I don’t wear over tight nor loose. So far in less than a year I’ve had 3 silicon straps replaced and 2 leather. All with the same issue. The metal clips brake away from the silicone fixing. Including the leather which actually is plastic wrapped around silicone. Frankly it’s a design problem. I await with interest what happens ( my 3rd leather is cracking) once the warranty is up. My actual issue is now not the strap. It’s now that after the 3rd break I wasn’t unable to get a refund. This product is not fit for purpose. I wear it daily. As not waterproof I take it off daily too. If not Fitbit error m intrigued your views as to what I can do differently. 

Best Answer

You can buy a different product from a different company.

Don't fall for their upgrade program if they offer it. It's a sham. You'll just end up paying again for the product you already have do to fine print conditions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I share your frustration! Like you, I do not believe I'm doing anything wrong in the way I wear my band (not to mention that it's a freaking watch band....there shouldn't be a "wrong way"). My latest broken band was purchased from Fitbit just over a month ago, in warranty, so I'm assuming I'll get a replacement there.

But to answer your question about what you could do differently, the only thing I can think of is to change the expectation that these bands are going to last. The design is simply faulty. Until they fix it, we can either switch to a different brand of tracker or, if we otherwise like the technology, we can buy a supply of much cheaper third-party Fitbit bands on Amazon and accept we'll need to replace them on a regular basis.

I'm probably going to keep buying new bands as needed until this Charge 2 unit wears out (it's a year old now...yep, four broken wristbands in a year). Then I'll take a look at what other trackers are on the market and consider making a switch.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Look up matrix industries smart watch.

I was going to get an icon with the discount coupon I was told Fitbit was giving me but since they took back their word I went searching for alternatives. 

Matrix boasts some pretty amazing stats like industructable strap, endless battery life, water proof, calorie counting, fitness tracking. And it's cheaper then the icon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

ITS REALLY UGLY

Best Answer
0 Votes

This the second time for my Fitbit also. Where the strap attaches to the actual device. Who do I contact to rectify this issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not at all.  I am very cautious when placing my Fitbit on

Best Answer
0 Votes

Contact Fitbit customer services . If I’m warrenty they should

replace 

Best Answer
0 Votes