Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My wrist band keeps breaking!

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After having my charge two for a week, the part of the band that attaches to the actual Fitbit broke. I got a new one, but it broke in the exact same exact spot. Would my warranty still cover another one since I just got it replaced? And what can I do to stop this from happening? It hasn't even been a month since I've purchased it and only seems to last a week before the wristband breaks. 

Best Answer
334 REPLIES 334

Fitbit directly: 877-623-4997

Best Answer
Yes, Its the right size. Just very cheaply made product. I returned mine.
Had one for 2 years and my warranty covered the breaks. So I didn't ever
lose out on anything. Its a good product just wish the band was made a
little better. I would run 30 miles or so a week on it and I guess I just
wore it out. Anyways I have a garmin now and like it just as good.
Best Answer
0 Votes
That has been my frustration as well. Once you are past the year from your original purchase, they will not replace the band, even if the band itself is only a few months ago. The warranty should be a year from when you got the new band regardless of when the device was originally purchased.
Best Answer
0 Votes
If/when my band breaks after the year long warranty, I think I’m going to switch to another tracker. I hate it because I like many things about Fitbit, but this situation has left me frustrated. If I had some evidence that they were working to fix the problem - to create a sturdier product - I might give them one more try. So far, though, I haven’t seen that evidence.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Could you please send contact details of Fitbit customer services
Thank You
Annie Kinney

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Depends on where you are 

http://help.fitbit.com/?cu=1&co=GB

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Annie - I went to this Fitbit site - https://help.fitbit.com/?l=en_US&cu=1&fs=ContactUs . It gives lots of different options for contacting them. It is helpful if you have information about your fitbit ready - when purchased, what type, etc. I actually took photos of my broken bands. These were also helpful in getting the bands replaced.

Hope this helps.

Lynn Brallier
Best Answer
0 Votes

Not sure whether to buy my third Fitbit or not. The device works very well, the app is great but the wristbands are absolutely rubbish. The break so quickly and then I lose them. I'd be willing to pay more for a durable wristband.

Best Answer

They absolutely need to switch the design to a "pin-in-place" rather than a "click-in-place" mechanism.  Yes, the "click-in-place" design allows for quick swap-outs of the band, but the parts of the silicone that keep the metal in place are too flimsy to be durable. My bands break when those smaller parts of the silicone mold snap off. (I think I mentioned above that I have a metal band as well, which I wear when I want something dressier, and it's the only one that has lasted.)  We also have a Garmin tracker in our household, and it uses a "pin-in-place" band, just like most other watches.  Yes, you need a small screwdriver (or hex wrench...can't remember) that comes with the new band to change it out, and the process takes a little longer, but it's simple enough.  AND IT DOESN'T BREAK. 

Unfortunately, I'm sure the company is committed to this design of the Fitbit for now....we'll have to wait for the next version of Fitbit for them to introduce a new wristband design.  I do hope the company is reading this thread and taking note.

Best Answer

They just replaced mine for the second time.  Wristband problems both times.  Go to live chat and explain your problem.  Their customer service is great!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, they are, and I got a replacement as well. The only problem is, when it breaks again, if it’s been more than a year since I bought the original device, they will not replace it anymore. The warranty on the wrist band should always be a year from the time you get a new one, rather than when you first bought the device.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Actually, they did give me another year's warranty on the replacement. The
first one I got for Christmas in 2015. By the end of the following
November, the wristband was falling apart, so they replaced it, probably
around December 1, 2016. Several weeks ago, the watch face separated from
the band -- less than a year after getting the replacement. Today they
sent me another replacement on warranty. So apparently the replacements
have the same warranty as the original. What I'd prefer, though, is a
better product to begin with. Interesting how many people have insisted on
a leather replacement. I didn't know that was possible.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes

I say don't waste your money buying another one. Obviously the company has to know the wristband is inferior in quality yet they have not changed the product yet. I wish I would have known this prior to purchasing. I am about to request my second wristband due to it cracking. I really do like the fitbit and the app as well but honestly it's not worth the hassle.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree with you. I also like the tracker and app, but we need the band to use them easily. I am disappointed in the company.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Someone posted a link a couple posts above to an article about the durability of the metal band. I've mentioned the metal band in a previous post, so I thought I'd recommend that you take a look at that article. I know someone else in this thread noted that the metal isn't suitable for heavy exercise, but I use the metal band during exercise with no issues.  I get compliments when I wear it because it looks quite elegant (I have one in a champagne color--there are darker colors for a more masculine look), but most important, it doesn't break.  It has a magnet closure, which makes it somewhat easier to fit around your wrist. It's a pain that all the bands don't have similar durability, but even so, I'd recommend giving one of the metal bands a try.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. I will try this. Did you get yours from a particular vendor? I’m a big Amazon user so if I could get one there it would be great, but I’m happy to look elsewhere to purchase one.
Best Answer
0 Votes
After my third wristband broke, I called for replacement (my Fitbit was
purchased in Feb). After requesting my customer service agent to speak
with her superior for the THIRD time, demanding either a leather band or a
one year warranty on my replacement band, they agreed to send me a leather
band! I mentioned several times about this fitbit community acknowledging
that this is an inferior product and that they are losing customers. I hope
this works !
Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer