Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doing a Charge 2 device setup on a new computer system

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My laptop died, so I purchased a new one. HP with Windows 10. I deleted the tracker and pairing off the old laptop, and am trying to setup the tracker on the new laptop. Since the tracker was deleted and no longer appears on my account, (it says no device paired),I have tried the add new device, but it doesn't work. The tracker isn't new, just the laptop. 

Are there any tricks to doing a setup of an old tracker on a new computer system? 

Do I need to delete my whole account, wait a period of time, and setup a whole new account in order to add my old tracker to the new laptop? If so, how long do I have to wait to get a new account?

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

Do not delete the whole account.  That is where all your historic data is saved.

You say when you try to add new device, "it doesn't work".  How specifically?  How far are you getting? What error message?

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here is what I have tried, with no luck.....

open app
go to account
set up new device
choose Charge 2
set up your Charge 2
agree to terms and policies
meet your charge 2
power on (mine doesn't show the web address for set up, it shows my daily usage)
is your charge 2 powered on (keeps searching)

An issue occured while pairing your tracker....

checked Bluetooth for tracker..

My tracker isn't shown in the Bluetooth settings
tried to add a device to Bluetooth, it shows the charge 2, but can't connect. keeps saying Try again

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just googled "fitbit an issue occurred while pairing your tracker".

I found several places on these boards with people getting that connecting to Windows 10.  I didn't see any obvious "fix". One person just kept trying and eventually it just worked.  The best suggestion I have would be to reboot your laptop and restart your tracker, and try again.  If no go, either wait for a Fitbit moderator to answer here, or go ahead and contact Fitbit support.

I don't see anything obvious that you have done wrong, but I have never connected to a Windows 10 computer so maybe someone else will give you a better reply here.

Sorry I was no help.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for at least replying and trying to help!

Hope maybe others will chime in as well. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi!  I have the same problem. My old computer died and we could not restart it.  My Charge 2 was synced with it. We now have a new computer and I have tried setting the Charge 2 up on it but it will not find the Charge 2.  I am using the dongle for the Charge 2.  Any suggestions?  Thank you in advance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I contacted support online chat. They walked me through the whole set up a device process to no avail. They decided since my tracker was under warranty they would send me a new pebble. Received the new one and tried setting it up. It wouldn't work either, so I sent it back and am now waiting for yet another replacement to be sent.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks so much for the information!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Received the second pebble and it doesn't work either!!

Had removed the original tracker from my account, and couldn't even add it back in Windows 10. Had to install the app on my phone to be able to get anything to work. It doesn't record heart rate properly. Tried deleting it from my phone and installing in on my laptop with the Windows 10 app. Didn't work so went back to my phone. Can open the dashboard on my lap top but it it won't sync the tracker. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The replacements they are sending out do not connect! Loads having the same issue. Fitbit won’t change mine as they say they are working on a fix.

joke support.

Best Answer

Check the forum - lots of threads on replacements not connecting.

Fitbit just can’t see it’s the firmware on the pebbles that is causing the problem. Either that or they just hope we will get fed up and go away.

Disgraceful!

Best Answer
I'm sorry to hear that. I contacted customer service and they were able to
help me successfully add it back to my computer.
Best Answer