Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elliptical won't appear on exercise shortcuts

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have tried going to the exercise shortcuts and adding the elliptical feature, and I’ve made sure that there is room to add the activity to it. When I sync, it doesn’t appear on the actual Fitbit or the app on the phone. It disappeared. What am I doing wrong? Am I missing a save button somewhere? 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Hi, @Ella2, if your newly added exercise shortcut has not appeared on your device, it sounds like it has not fully synced.

You can check the time and date of your last sync by clicking on your Fitbit icon on your app.

If elliptical is not available on your Charge 3, go to your Fitbit app, choose your device (Charge 3). choose exercise shortcuts, and make sure elliptical is there.  If not, add it (sometimes you may need first to delete another shortcut ).

Once you have made sure that elliptical is added, then sync your Fitbit.  Check the time / date of the sync to make sure the sync completed.

Then check your Fitbit.  Elliptical should be available under exercises.

If you need more help, please post again letting us know which phone you are using, so more detailed instructions can be provided.  There is always someone here to help.

Welcome to the forums!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
Thank you. I’ve done everything you told me to and it still will not add elliptical. It just reverts back to the original six workouts. It said it sync at the time I did it. I am using an iPhone 7.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Same problem here. Reverts back to original shortcuts 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Ella2 and @JumaraBegum, it is nice to see new faces around! I appreciate you have tried some tips to add different exercise to the exercise shortcut option. Beside of what you already tried, I'd like you to try the following: 

- Delete the exercises that are already added and re add them all different, including elliptical, in your case

- Restart your Charge 3 

- Sync it 

Thanks for your help @Julia_G

Give it a try and let me know how it goes! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

How do you delete the exercises to be able to re add. I also cannot seem to add elliptical to shortcut menu.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Roly90, it is great to see new members around! If you are using the Fitbit app, and you want to delete an exercise, please tap the "Daily exercise" tab and then you'll see your exercises, so just press and hold your finger over the one you'd like to delete and a pop up message saying if you'd like to delete this element will appear.

If you want to add elliptical as a shortcut on your Charge 3, please follow the instructions in the help article: How do I track my workout with my Fitbit device? 

In order to manually add elliptical, if you are using an Android phone, on the same exercise tab, you'll see a clock on the upper right corner, so tap on it and then tap where it says "Log previous" you'll see different exercises to log there. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I'm still struggling with this. Elliptical is on the app as auti tracked but hasnt worked and it's not on my list of exercises on the Fitbit- help! Also can't work out how to delete an exercise, can only stop it auto tracking. I'm using an android phone

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think what the others are saying is we can't modify exercises on the fitbit itself (I have a charge 4.....hate it compared to 2). You can change it on the app all you want and sync all you want, but you still only have the same basic 6 exercises, even after deleting them on the app, or making them inactive on the app. So the question is how to "physically" modify the fitbit itself. That question hasn't been successfully answered yet.

Best Answer
0 Votes