Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercise mode turns off while im exercising

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
For the last 3 days when I walk into the gym/yoga studio I push the side button to turn on exercise mode. I work out for about 40-80 minutes. I sit down and try to turn off the exercise mode and find that it is already turned its self off. I have had the screen go dead and have had to turn it back on by holding the side button down for about 17 seconds, but this is after syncing - not when working out and I haven't lost any data. I want to know why the exercise mode turns off by its self. Very frustrating since this is why I purchased it. I want the heart rate to match up to my activity and it will not do that when I have to manually log it in on the back end. I'm conscientious enough to turn on and off exercise mode for my work outs and it's only 6 days old. Every day I've had to charge my band as it loses batteryvery fast. I have turned off all day sync, continuous sync, the time to show when I click my wrist, etc. Please tell me how to keep the exercise mode ON until I turn it off. Thanks
Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

Hi there @CC45Angel. Welcome to the Community Forums! I'm glad to see you around.

Your Charge HR shouldn't quit recording a workout unless you press the button again so it's very strange that it's off when you go to finish the workout. Do you by any chance use any type of bracelet that might get in the way and turn it off? If not, I'd recommend restarting your tracker by following these instructions to see if there's any improvement because there's not really any other thing I can think of that could be causing this.

Keep an eye on it and if you notice it keeps going off, see if there is a trend on how long it takes for it to quit recording your workouts.

Let me know how it goes! 🙂

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply. I tired again today at class and for a 55 minute
class I had to restart it 3 times about every 15 minutes. My heart rate was
b/n 140 and 180. It also stopped working w/ a black face and no response
and I had to hold down the start button for about 20 seconds again.It stops
working for bits of time every day and most days I have to restart it by
plugging in. It doesn't seem to lose data though but it is unresponsive and
it's interfering w/ a good work out trying to restart it every 15 minutes.

Moderator edit: Personal information removed

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @CC45Angel. That doesn't sound like the way your Charge HR should be behaving.

At this point, I would recommend then getting in touch with the Support Team, let them know what you have tried so far and they will be happy to help you out!

Let me know if you need anything else. 🙂

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes
I will do that. Thank you for including their info!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had the same issue with my new Versa 2.  It’s an occasional problem at this point but it’s still frustrating. 

Best Answer

I am having that issue with the versa 2 as well and it's beyond frustrating.  I called support and they told me to restart my versa and then they had me reset it up with the app. That did nothing problem still happens. Yesterday it happened 3 times in one exercise session that I happen to feel my wrist vibrate and realized that it had turned it off again. I turned it on but I have 3 different workouts and stead of 1 which means it's hard to track accurately. The representative at that time had suggested that I restart my versa to before I do an exercise session at least once a week. I literally did that yesterday before I started that exercise session and it still happened. I tried to reach out to help on Facebook and was basically told I had a follow up online because I had asked a question before and I try to call the help number and got stuck on hold for 40 minutes and finally gave up reaching someone. Very very frustrated

Best Answer

Im having the same problem this pass week, I hope it’s not a glitch so that we have to buy the new one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue with my HR. I keep reading it’s a big and they are working on it, but it’s incredibly frustrating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I now have this issue with the Charge 3. It's only been doing it since the last fit bit update a few days ago. Very annoying. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My mom is having the same problem with hers, what are  they doing to fix it

Best Answer

Hello everyone. @SunsetRunner Welcome to the community forums. 

Thank you very much for the detailed information. If your mom has a Charge 3, I'd recommend performing a long restart. For this, please follow the steps below: 

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  4. The device turns off.
  5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.

If that doesn't work, I recommend contacting our Support Team for further assistance. Note that you can contact them through chat or over the phone, but phone wait times have been longer than normal, so I recommend initiating a chat. Click here to get connected. 

See you around. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
Thank.you so much

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer

@SunsetRunner It's been a pleasure. 

Take into consideration that if you have any other inquiries or questions, you can post them in a new thread. 

See you around. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer

I’m having the same issue and it seems to be happening more frequently.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue.  It seems to shut off because it longer tracks my heart rate.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 4 just doing the same thing. Can’t figure out how to fix it. Have restarted watch 3 times. 

Best Answer
0 Votes