Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export food log

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I tried to search for the answers and it kept giving me an error so apologies if this has been asked before but how do I export my daily or weekly food log to my computer or to an email to be printed ? I can find where I export the calories but I'm looking for the specific foods. Thanks in advance !
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It's nice to see you around the Community @KkendallSmiley Very Happy You own your data. Follow the instructions below to easily export your data to a Microsoft Excel (XLS) or comma separated value (CSV) file. CSV files can be opened by numerous applications, although most people choose to view them in a spreadsheet application such as Excel or Google Docs. CSV files automatically open in Excel if your computer has it installed.

All Fitbit customers can export four types of data:

• Body—Includes weight, BMI, and body fat percentage. If you've ever manually tracked your blood pressure, glucose, or heart rate, this data is also available. (We're still working on making automatic heart rate data available for export). If you've created a custom tracker, its data also appears in this file.
  • Foods—Includes any logged foods.
  • Activities—Includes tracker data such as steps, distance, floors, total calories burned, calories burned from activity, sedentary minutes, and active minutes. The data available depends on which type of tracker you have.
  • Sleep—Includes sleep data such as time asleep, time awake, and number of times you woke up.

To export data:

1. Log into your dashboard and click the gear icon in the upper right.
  2. Click Settings > Data Export.
  3. Choose the time period and type of data you want to export. Each export file can contain 30 days worth of data. Note that if you choose more than one data type, your file will have a tab for each type of data. If you want  to export more than 30 days worth of data, you’ll need to run additional exports.
  4. Choose a file type and click Download. The file is instantly available in your Downloads folder.

Hope this helps! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

It's nice to see you around the Community @KkendallSmiley Very Happy You own your data. Follow the instructions below to easily export your data to a Microsoft Excel (XLS) or comma separated value (CSV) file. CSV files can be opened by numerous applications, although most people choose to view them in a spreadsheet application such as Excel or Google Docs. CSV files automatically open in Excel if your computer has it installed.

All Fitbit customers can export four types of data:

• Body—Includes weight, BMI, and body fat percentage. If you've ever manually tracked your blood pressure, glucose, or heart rate, this data is also available. (We're still working on making automatic heart rate data available for export). If you've created a custom tracker, its data also appears in this file.
  • Foods—Includes any logged foods.
  • Activities—Includes tracker data such as steps, distance, floors, total calories burned, calories burned from activity, sedentary minutes, and active minutes. The data available depends on which type of tracker you have.
  • Sleep—Includes sleep data such as time asleep, time awake, and number of times you woke up.

To export data:

1. Log into your dashboard and click the gear icon in the upper right.
  2. Click Settings > Data Export.
  3. Choose the time period and type of data you want to export. Each export file can contain 30 days worth of data. Note that if you choose more than one data type, your file will have a tab for each type of data. If you want  to export more than 30 days worth of data, you’ll need to run additional exports.
  4. Choose a file type and click Download. The file is instantly available in your Downloads folder.

Hope this helps! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
Thanks but I don't have a gear on my dashboard in the upper right ??
Best Answer
0 Votes
Found it! Online not on my phone app. Thanks !!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm glad you found it @KkendallSmiley Very Happy

Hope to see you participating in the Community more often since I think it would be awesome for you to explore our Community, so you can go ahead and log to any of the topics that might be of your interest in our Discussion boards. Feel free to comment and contribute with your knowledge and experience.

Have a wonderful week!

Best Answer

Quick question, can data also be exported as a PDF file?

FitbitSense, TeamFitbit, TeamPixel, Scientist, Gamer!
Best Answer
0 Votes

You would need to save your CSV file as a PDF. 

@Kenzibit wrote:

Quick question, can data also be exported as a PDF file?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can I also export the daily carb intake from this feature, or is it just for the calories ?  Its useful to be able to map carbs to insulin dosage for Diabetics.

The CSV output has a column at the top for daily intake of calories, could you add a column for carbs ?  I know its in the detail below but I will have to manually add it to the table at the top....

Best Answer
0 Votes

From what I have heard and read, you can export everything apart from Hear Rate data to a CVS/PDF file. Don't know why they restrict us to our HR data.

FitbitSense, TeamFitbit, TeamPixel, Scientist, Gamer!
Best Answer
0 Votes