Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback about customer support

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Best Answer
0 Votes
110 REPLIES 110

In response to your question, I am happy with my Fitbit Charge 3.

I am coming from the perspective of someone who never owned a Fitbit wearable before though. My Fitbit Charge 3 gives me access to more personal health information than I've ever been able to see before. And I'm not jaded by being able to compare it to the Charge 2 or any other wearable device. I'm deciding the value of this product based entirely on its own merits.

The first day, I enabled everything from "all day sync," "always connected," and "keep-alive widget" and realized it was quickly killing my battery. It's advertised to have up to 7 days of battery life, and I was down to 60% after a day. After that, I disabled only "all day sync" and found my battery to be decreasing at a much slower rate. (It was fine to keep the other options on.)

I can also tell you that personally I have a nickel allergy. This is the first non-jewelry watch-like device I've been able to wear that hasn't given me a rash so far. That's a huge bonus in my book.

I've watched the step counter in real time and it goes up with each step I take. I've compared my heart rate to a manual measurement and found it to be spot on. The only criticism I could offer at this point would be that I wish there were more clock faces (particularly with the date and coloring the steps in white also) but I'm confident more will be on the way.

It's important to remember that this is a newly launched product and a lot of issues and features will be addressed in patches to come. A lot of people have been approaching it with a "sky is falling" mentality because it's not 100% perfect right out of the gate. I would wager 3 months (or less) down the road most of the complaints won't be remembered. And it's human nature to like to complain. People will actively come to the forums if they have a gripe and want to complain to Fitbit, but a lot of the satisfied customers won't say anything at all.

The biggest problem so far seems to be that "some people" are getting units that only come on when they're plugged into the charger and are otherwise dead on arrival. My friend received one of those units from Amazon today, but of course they're sending him a replacement. So far, this appears to be the most common problem with a Charge 3 that can't just eventually be patched out.

Ultimately, your experience will vary and you'll have to decide on your own whether or not you like the product or it fits your needs, and I wish you luck. I'm happy with my purchase so far.

In response to your question, I am happy with my Fitbit Charge 3.

I am coming from the perspective of someone who never owned a Fitbit wearable before though. My Fitbit Charge 3 gives me access to more personal health information than I've ever been able to see before. And I'm not jaded by being able to compare it to the Charge 2 or any other wearable device. I'm deciding the value of this product based entirely on its own merits.

The first day, I enabled everything from "all day sync," "always connected," and "keep-alive widget" and realized it was quickly killing my battery. It's advertised to have up to 7 days of battery life, and I was down to 60% after a day. After that, I disabled only "all day sync" and found my battery to be decreasing at a much slower rate. (It was fine to keep the other options on.)

I can also tell you that personally I have a nickel allergy. This is the first non-jewelry watch-like device I've been able to wear that hasn't given me a rash so far. That's a huge bonus in my book.

I've watched the step counter in real time and it goes up with each step I take. I've compared my heart rate to a manual measurement and found it to be spot on. The only criticism I could offer at this point would be that I wish there were more clock faces (particularly with the date and coloring the steps in white also) but I'm confident more will be on the way.

It's important to remember that this is a newly launched product and a lot of issues and features will be addressed in patches to come. A lot of people have been approaching it with a "sky is falling" mentality because it's not 100% perfect right out of the gate. I would wager 3 months (or less) down the road most of the complaints won't be remembered. And it's human nature to like to complain. People will actively come to the forums if they have a gripe and want to complain to Fitbit, but a lot of the satisfied customers won't say anything at all.

The biggest problem so far seems to be that "some people" are getting units that only come on when they're plugged into the charger and are otherwise dead on arrival. My friend received one of those defective units from another vendor today, but of course they're sending him a replacement. So far, this appears to be the most common problem with a Charge 3 that can't just eventually be patched out.

Ultimately, your experience will vary and you'll have to decide on your own whether or not you like the product or it fits your needs, and I wish you luck. I'm happy with my purchase so far.

I own the Fitbit Charge 3 and Aria 2.

Moderator edit: merged reply
I own the Fitbit Charge 3 and Aria 2.
Best Answer

Thinking about buying a watch.  Had the charge 2, Band kept falling off.  Does the charge 3 have the same kind of band. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you so much! Really glad with your comments. I am also new to Fitbit and really excited to receive my Charge today. I definitely will post my experiences.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your comments. Have fun with your Fitbit.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

They weren't, that's the problem

Best Answer
0 Votes

@BobM2 wrote:

Given that there are feature requests for the Charge 2 (and Charge, and Alta.....) that have more than 1,000 votes with no action by Fitbit (other than to say "tough beans"), and feature requests for the app that go back years, also with no action, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Fitbit to address these.

I understand the frustration. There have been some features suggestions that had a low # of votes that did get implemented, so it doesn't hurt to try and gain traction. Ultimately, the best way to "vote" is with your money. If it doesn't work for you, return it and buy something else. If sales figures are not what they were aiming for, they'll realize they need to make improvements.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@kostax wrote:

If sales figures are not what they were aiming for, they'll realize they need to make improvements.

Well, maybe. I had hoped the Charge 3 would address some of the limitations of the Charge 2, but in many ways it seems to be even more limited. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where is month and date?  Was on charge. I can’t see the screen outside other than time as it is bright the steps don’t even show up. I had to go into my garage to read it from outside. Seriously?  Who tested this stuff it is very elemental. I don’t want the heart rate changing and staring at me. Remove it as an option in some click face or let us customize. 5 stupid faces?  Why can’t yiu being the charge 2 faces in?

Totally agree. Would be great in my opinion if it had Tues Oct 9 as choice. Bigger and steps bigger and time bigger. All same size and not the small font of the steps which I can’t read. 

I don’t want heart rate there.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Received my FitBit today and I have to say so far I’m not disappointed!  Obviously there are going to be flaws (date on clock face for example) but I’m sure these will be ironed out in upcoming updates.

I had to update my Fitbit when it arrived, which took around 15 minutes (although seemed like an eternity due to my impatience).

It is very comfortable and seems a lot smaller in comparison to the 2.  It feels good on my wrist.

I like all the apps and am happy with how they are presented. I can appreciate some people may want to remove unused ones and change the order of things (hopefully that will come later too).

All in all, so far I’m very impressed - the only thing I’d like to see is the home screen (ie clock face) come up when I wake the Fitbit rather than my last activated screen (although I can’t remember if the 2 did this or not? Maybe it’s just the fact I’m still getting acquainted with my 3!).

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am sorry to say I liked my 2 better.  When I would get a text message I could read it without going to my phone.  The font size is way too small and I really liked time and date on the screen.  My band on the 2 broke so I thought I would upgrade.  Not an upgrade 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am actually disappointed with the lack of clock faces. Like why would you not have one with the date? They are so analog and boring. Definitely expected better. Guess we will see what the new updates bring

Best Answer
0 Votes

The silent alarm wakes me up and seems much stronger than the HR Charge 2.  

That being said, I really don't dont care for much of the new functionality.  Also the notifications do not seem to work reliability.  Some of the calls and texts I get notifications others I don't.  It's hit and miss.  Also, stopping and exercise is a PITA,  can someone explain the correct way to stop the exercise?

That being said, I really don't dont care for much of the new functionality.  Also the notifications do not seem to work reliability.  Some of the calls and texts I get notifications others I don't.  It's hit and miss.  Also, stopping and exercise is a PITA,  can someone explain the correct way to stop the exercise?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am.

I had the Charge HR for a few years and it was starting to fall apart.

Read some early reviews on the 3 and took a chance.

I have an Android phone.

I have had no issues whatsoever.

Weather works great.

Notifications from my phone work great.

It syncs just fine.

If I could change anything it would be:

1. The wristband is not as comfortable as the HR, so I will probably shell out some cash for a new one.

2. The activity reminder cannot be turned off without turning off all notifications. I want to turn off  just this one notification.

Otherwise I like it a lot. But I’m upgrading from an older model. Some other people seem like they are having problems. Me, everything is great.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Meh. It’s pretty. The rose gold and blue gray.  But I can’t read the screen except for the huge bright 

that is meant to represent the time. 

I truly loathe every every single clock face. I can’t read it. I’m in my 40s and feel 1st grader designed these faces. Where did the charge 2 designers go?  

So..... I’m giving fit bit one week for one good new clock display. Then I’m done 

Best Answer

Same here - I’m very close to returning it. Shame.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No they are different. These ones I have found quite hard to remove but that may change with use xx

Best Answer
0 Votes

This to me is the critical issue. I could not read the display outside yesterday at all - not the steps, the time or my heartrate. A fitness tracker that you can't read when using it for its main purpose. What is that about?

Best Answer

Not at all - after an initial two-hour long update, I have now had to relink my device to my phone and laptop on at least three occasions, cumulatively wasting another two hours. Now I can not sync at all. I just give up as I have spent too much time on this. Other than that, on paper, the charge 3 did seem to have improved functionality, but alas, if you can't sync, it is little better than useless. I am returning the charge 3 and looking at Garmin products

Best Answer

Hi, I have posted this question and got mixed answers.

I’ve got mine a few days ago and have mixed feelings.

I like the looks and it fits very well. I also like the strap. Installing took ages but went well at the end. I especially had problems with the notifications. I now only miss WhatsApp and I-message. Don’t know why as I did exactly the same with these apps as with the others.

The usability is great. Scrolling up and down goes very easy.

But there are a few issues:

1. Counting of the steps is not accurate. The first day I had a difference of 3.000 and today of 15.000 with the pedometer on my IPhone. 

2. I have been running twice with the Fitbit and as others have stated I can hardly see the stats. Very small. I had to stop to read. 

3. I did not see HR while running. Is it possible to get that one on the screen?

4. Only one in 3 or 4 times screen turns on when I turn my wrist.

5. As said can’t get WhatsApp and sms on the Fitbit 

6. The silent alarm is not strong enough for me. Slept through it twice.

What I am wondering: does a Fitbit has a learning curve. Will it perform better over time?

And can I expect step counting to get more accurate after a software update?  And is the strength of the vibrations software or hardware related?

I really want to like it. In other words, will patience help?

Best Answer
0 Votes