Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps randomly reset to 0

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Went out for a nice long walk this morning and needed to sync fitbit to

app and it reset my steps to 0 😡 ive read to press down and hold the button on my charge 2 to reset it but all it does is turn off notifications 🤷🏻‍:female_sign: It doesn’t restart.

How do I get my steps back? Can I get my steps back?! HELP! 

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

@Samlr87 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I hope you're doing well!

I will gladly assist you with this and thank you for trying to restart your tracker. How often do you sync your tracker? Previous to this incident when was the last time you synced the device? Have you logged any activities? You can follow these instructions to properly restart your tracker. If the steps are still missing you can manually log a walking activity to have a record on your account.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had the same issue, and I’ve restarted my Fitbit as the instructions say. The issue still has not gone away. I synced my Fitbit app as soon as I got home from my work shift and I had nearly 5000 steps. I just now opened the app and now it says 73 steps, only a couple hours have passed since the last sync. I sync my Fitbit on a daily basis. 

Best Answer

I have a Charge 4 (version 48.20001.100.76) that has been in use since 2020 that yesterday started having the random step resets to 0.  Neither restarting the tracker nor clearing user data and starting over has fixed the random resets.  FWIW, sleep and active hours tracking have been working OK.

I'll probably just use the Charge 4 for sleep tracking and rely on MobileTrack from my phone for steps.  It's a drag to lose the Fitbit exercise tracking functionality, but I'm not yet ready to spring for a new wrist top device.

Best Answer