Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback on Charge 3 replacement process

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am not sure if this is the correct place to make this post. However I have concerns with the warranty replacement process for my charge 3. First off I love my fitbit despite the fact I have had to have mine replaced twice within a year. First time I only had it about 6 months. Then this last time about 6 months since last replacement. First time was the lines across the face of fitbit to point you could not read anything. Called customer support gave them purchase information and told no problem will send replacement in the mail to you ,no need to return anything and I could use my same charger,  I had my new fitbit within a week. However this last time has not been as smooth. This time my charge 3 began draining battery quickly within 2 days was a pain but just plugged in more frequently and went on,until I plugged it in one night and went to put on next morning and noticed it had not charged and was very hot to the touch and would not turn on. I did all troubleshooting with no fix. I contacted customer support told them the issue and this time they told me I would need to return the charger and device. Once they received it they would process a replacement within 5-7 business days and ship to me. They emailed a shipping label to me to print and use for the return. I noticed that when I printed the label their was nothing on the label to identify that it belonged to me so a printed up my own packing slip so to speak with my contact info on it. I mailed the package on September 8th. A week later package was still sitting at a USPS facility. I was not familiar with the parcel returns service smartpost shipping that was being used to return my device and customer service gave no information on it to me or that it may take a few days to get to them. I am just assuming it's like anything else you ship. I didn't expect it to be sent overnight but not advised that shipping times were lengthy either. I continued to check tracking and on the 16th said it had been handed off to FedEx smartpost carrier and no other information available and USPS did not expect any further information on package. It has now been in transit from 18th thru the 26th. As of today still in transit with  delivery pending and no scheduled delivery at this time per FedEx tracking. So it has now been 20 days since I shipped out my device. I contacted customer service today and was told that they notified the shipping department  and someone would contact me by email regarding this matter. I asked how long before I could expect someone to contact me and was told I would get an email. I contacted customer support for warranties also today asking for any information and if this was normal to take this long and should I be concerned that it has been lost in transit. I was advised that the shipping department had already put a note on my original inquiry that package in transit yet no one has yet to contact me regarding my concern. Customer service advised me to wait 3 days for an update or I could contact FedEx but FedEx has no other information then what is associated with tracking number. I don't mind waiting although it is an inconvenience and as much as the fitbits cost and I am on second replacement in a year is very frustrating. Communication and being upfront in the beginning about shipping process would make it less confusing instead of just waiting and not knowing what's going on. I would have been willing to pay for shipping to return device had I known it takes this long, or does it not take this long and mine is just lost. So now my device even though is useless is out there somewhere and I have no device and have been without it almost a month. Where do we go from here now ,whats the next step ,how long do I continue to wait. If it is finally received is it going to be another 2 or 3 weeks before I get a new one? Communication is a wonderful thing and consistancy also in the replacement process. 6 months ago it was not necessary to send defective device back now it is, maybe because 2 different issues and different protocol, but again explanation and Communication would go a long way. Thank you for allowing me to express my concerns,not that it has solved my problems but maybe someone else can benefit.

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Missyjo0714.

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you experienced with your Fitbit Charge 3. Thank you for the time you spent trying to get them resolved.

Our team is constantly working to improve our products and services. Your feedback is highly appreciated.

Customer Support has provided a response to you recently. For more information please check your inbox. If you have any question, please let them know in order to get further assistance.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes they advised me of the same thing tracking shows in transit and no further information at this time. I guess will continue to wait and see if it ever is delivered to them.

Best Answer
0 Votes