Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FitBit Charge 2 Seems Dead

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I noticed this morning the screen on my fitbit charge 2 was blank.  The green lights on the back are flashing constantly.  When I attempt to put it into the charger, the device does not vibrate.  I have attempted the reset process noted in the community forums, but it isn't doing anything at all.  The app shows it as fully charged.  It was working fine until this morning.  No problems at all.  The most recent charge was one day ago.  Any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
This issue has been resolved.

Sent from my iPhone

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

Welcome to the forums!

I would try the restart 3 times in a row. Some times it works

If not then  Contact Support.
http://help.fitbit.com/?l=en_US&cu=1&fs=ContactUs

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

I woke up to the same issue this morning. It seems completely dead. I’m fairly frustrated - it’s not that old.

Best Answer

same with mine. i have the green lights but the screen is blank

Best Answer
I just tried resetting it too and I still don't get anything.
Best Answer

@eknight74 @CSig @Blondie10000 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to have you here! Sorry to hear about your Charge 2 display not working. As @WendyB mentioned the suggested troubleshoot is to restart your tracker. If this doesn't work then please let our Support team know so they can further assist you. I noticed that @Blondie10000 and @eknight74 already have tickets with support so I wanted to know if they were able to help you. @CSig thank you for trying the restart. You will get an email from our Support team.

I look forward to your reply!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
I did try to restart it and it still doesn’t seem to work.
Carrie Sigler

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@CSig thank you for confirming that you restarted your tracker. Since the restart didn't work then please let our Support team know so they can further assist you. As stated above you will get an email from them.

Keep me posted!

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
This issue has been resolved.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@eknight74 happy to hear that the issue was resolve. Now that you are back on track I hope you can reach your fitness goals in no time.

I'll be around!

Best Answer

They said there's nothing they can do and so I had a go out and buy a new one when I was just a year old very upsetting

Best Answer

@Blondie10000 sorry to hear that Support couldn't replace your tracker. They will follow the Warranty so if your device is outside this period their options are limited. Still you could try asking them if there is anything else they can do if your device recently reach the one year mark but it will be up to them to see what they can offer.

I'll be around!

Best Answer

Hi.

I faced the same issue today.

And restarted the device multiple times. Not working still.

While fitbit charger 2 is on, it is not tracking steps and heart beats. Please advice.

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm adding myvoice to all of the boards about the Charge 2 dying suddenly. This is an issue with this model that it stops working without warning at approximately 20 months. I followed all the standard support procedures and nothing happens. When I spoke to people at FitBit I got the run around about how the warranty is only one year for Charge 2, so too bad, so sad. The rep explained how much they want me to stay in the FitBit family an offered me a coupon for purchase of another model. This is really disappointing that a $150 device is expected to last ONE YEAR, two at best! I'm not sure I planning on staying with this family if these devices are "disposable" and simply becomes a contributor to electronic trash.

Not happy, very not happy.

Best Answer

Obituary - Charge 2

Charge 2, born December 25, 2018 died today after a brief illness.  Charge 2 was found in its home totally unresponsive. Heroic efforts were attempted to revive Charge 2 including multiple charges on 2 different UL charger, computer USB and 5 attempted resets.  Charge 2 didn't even vibrate "goodbye" when connected to its charger.  The owner feels so lost.  Charge 2's dear friend, iPhone X, has been "looking..." for Charge 2 since time of death - it's sad, really.  😪

Although Charge 2's backside lights continue to blink, technicians indicate that this is an automatic response that will only go away once Charge 2's residual battery energy is depleted.

Godspeed Charge 2.  You will be missed.

Best Answer
0 Votes